Public Transport?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
tookey said:
Larissa said:
I can try, will let you know how I go.

Thanks Larissa

Even one at 4.00 pm and another at 4.30 pm would be great for people who want to go to the game a bit earlier.

Yes, thanks for trying Larissa. Even one at 4.30 each for 1A and 1B would be great for earlybirds. (And one at 4pm for each would be superb.)

tookey said:
I have just sent an e-mail to the NRL asking for a couple of earlier buses.

The first bus does not leave DY till 5:11pm :huh: SO you can not watch half the games that you paid for:mad:

131500 Is the number to call - as the NRL would be unable to schedule Sydney Buses.

Stop 1A 1A 1A 1A
Dee Why, Pittwater Rd
near Howard Av 05:11pm 05:31pm 05:51pm 06:11pm
Homebush Bay,
Olympic Bvd 06:25pm 06:45pm 07:05pm 07:25pm
Stop 1A
Dee Why, Pittwater Rd
near Howard Av 06:26pm
Homebush Bay,
Olympic Bvd 07:40pm

On a Friday night the trip duration is optimistic. I spent 2 1/2 hours getting to the SOO when there was a minor accident in North Ryde last year :exclamation:

As the game ticket is valid on all transport, its safer to get the L90 to Wynyard, then the train to Lidcombe to get the Sprint Train to Olympic Park - about 1 3/4 hours.

http://www.131500.com.au/plan-your-trip?itd_itdDate=20130927&itd_itdTripDateTimeDepArr=arr&itd_itdTimeHour=5&itd_itdTimeMinute=0&itd_itdTimeAMPM=pm&select_origin=stateless%3Acoord%3A4897174%3A3742984%3AGDAV%3ASt+David+Av+%24XINT%24+Howard+Av%2C+Dee+Why&select_destination=stateless%3A10134777&x=83&y=9

HappilyManly said:
On a Friday night the trip duration is optimistic. I spent 2 1/2 hours getting to the SOO when there was a minor accident in North Ryde last year :exclamation:

As the game ticket is valid on all transport, its safer to get the L90 to Wynyard, then the train to Lidcombe to get the Sprint Train to Olympic Park - about 1 3/4 hours.

I totally agree with this option, or even any express bus to Wynyard, then train to Lidcombe etc.

One accident in the wrong spot and those on the later buses will be screwed !!

Brookie4eva said:
HappilyManly said:

I totally agree with this option, or even any express bus to Wynyard, then train to Lidcombe etc.

One accident in the wrong spot and those on the later buses will be screwed !!

Just catch the L90 to Railway Square, then the train to Olympic Park from Central, leaves every 10min after 5pm

The first direct train from Central leaves at 5:09 and arrives 5:31 - the NYC starts at 5:15!

This is another example of the mismanagement of events, as only the First Grade kick-off is considered, even by the MWSE Supporter Buses :mad:

Suncorp, Skilled Park and Melbourne leave Sydney for dead, in the ease of access to Major Stadiums:dodgy:

@larissa

Hi Larissa

I just looked at the Sydney buses website and it indicates that there are only two 1a and two 1b buses returning from Homebush tonight. The first one at each stand leaves at 9.15 pm and the second at 10.15 pm.

Surely this cannot be correct as the game will still be going at 9.15 pm and why only two buses leaving when there will be 5 buses going to the ground?

Seems pretty poor by the NRL and Sydney buses.

http://www.131500.com.au/plan-your-trip/timetables/@@details?line=NSW:96H01: :R:sj2&itd_itdDate=20130927&accessible=-1#tt22

Hi there,

That doesn't seem quite right. Perhaps try calling 131500 to see if they give you the same info over the phone. I was fairly certain there were alot more return buses than that.

Let me know how you go.

Larissa

Is it just me or does anyone else feel if we win tonight, travelling home on public transport will be a nightmare and possibly dangerous? Safety in numbers people. :)

Larissa said:
Hi there,

That doesn't seem quite right. Perhaps try calling 131500 to see if they give you the same info over the phone. I was fairly certain there were alot more return buses than that.

Let me know how you go.

Larissa

@larissa

Sydney buses indicate that they should be able to put on extra buses if required to take people home.

There are non stop buses after the game. That 9.15 and 10.15 just says the first bus leaves then and last bus is 10.15 - but I don't think that's right. Knowing the NRL, the game won't kick off til close to 8 so full time won't be til almost 10pm. There will be more than 2 buses for sure.

I go to all the games and there is never an issue about getting home. Security dictates that the masses need to be moved on.

Remember that tha 1A comes back to DY Howard Ave direct.
The 1B goes the BACK way to Warriewood, nowhere near Pittwater Road, so check the bus before boarding.
Its a nightmare to get back to Manly,as I found out in 2008 - but it was such a happy sidetrack that night:)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6