Publish player contrats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This has been a sore spot for years. Some fans (myself included) think you need that for transparency and to legitimise the cap. Others think it’s an invasion of the players privacy which is bull****. I don’t care that player x is earning whatever, I’m more interested to know that it’s a level playing field. Also, when it’s time to trade horses, you know what you can play with.

One of the things that makes the NBA more interesting than a lot of sports is something like ESPN’s trade machine and you can’t do that unless you know the exact salaries. The press love it too because they can burn countless columns on hypotheticals that may have little chance of actually happening, BUT theoretically add up so they could happen.

I’m pretty sure it’s not privacy laws stopping it , the NRL could easily make it a condition of playing in their comp if so . It’s a great part of US sports looking at the exact dollar each team spends and can spend . It would certainly stop al this Bull$hit we go thru every day wishing and wondering how the whole system works . When an international knocks back 800k to stay with his team for 350k then everyone will smell the rat

I’m pretty sure it’s not privacy laws stopping it , the NRL could easily make it a condition of playing in their comp if so . It’s a great part of US sports looking at the exact dollar each team spends and can spend . It would certainly stop al this Bull$hit we go thru every day wishing and wondering how the whole system works . When an international knocks back 800k to stay with his team for 350k then everyone will smell the rat

Let's face it the NRL is right up there with the NSW Police force when it comes to integrity and corruption...................transparency is the last thing anyone wants!

I don't think the nrl could impose such a condition which breaches a player's legal rights. Just get rid of tpas and solves all the problems.. Though sales in brown paper bags would certainly spike.

Let's face it the NRL is right up there with the NSW Police force when it comes to integrity and corruption...................transparency is the last thing anyone wants!

can't disagree with that bit

Righto lets stop with all this corruption theory bullsh*t. There is no corruption, within the NRL. The things allowing teams endless pockets is the TPA system. It is designed so the big city teams with more connections and bigger pockets are constantly being given advantages, its not corruption nor is it cheating but it is a horrible system and gives sides the ability to purchase whoever they want. They basically have an endless cap. Once the NRL remove TPAs the sport will be much better and more even for it.

As for the players money being published, no. Its a stupid idea that opens players up to even more unwarranted crap that they already cop for made up sums in news outlets. I dont mind clubs caps being published but players caps is a stupid idea, just because you want to see a players salary because you suspect cheating is just silly to be honest. These players already have their lives out in the open, I dont think we need to know how much cash they make.

I've asked the NRL and they said it breaches privacy laws.

The same nrl that want unfettered access to all electronic devices of every player and person involved in nrl clubs?

The same nrl that has done a side deal with the cops allowing the unrestrained sharing of private information?

The same nrl that can demand access to every clubs financial situations whilst at the same time owning two clubs putting them in the box seat regarding offering player contracts?

Privacy doesn't seem to be a big issue with the nrl when it suits. Seems a tad.....hypocritical.

(not shooting the messenger).

I've asked the NRL and they said it breaches privacy laws.

Maybe the States has different laws?

Does the AFL publish their salaries?
This is correct. Same with Europe. US privacy laws are very lax however they could contractually indicate a bracket within the agreement allowing a ballpark of bracket

This is correct. Same with Europe. US privacy laws are very lax however they could contractually indicate a bracket within the agreement allowing a ballpark of bracket
The laws may not be as tough as we think. The ABC were forced to publish the salary of their highest paid staff, company director salaries are often given to shareholders etc

Maybe they could just publish the list of salaries without any names attached so we could see the spread of salaries (most people could work out who’s who’s easily eno)

As for the players money being published, no. Its a stupid idea that opens players up to even more unwarranted crap that they already cop for made up sums in news outlets. I dont mind clubs caps being published but players caps is a stupid idea, just because you want to see a players salary because you suspect cheating is just silly to be honest. These players already have their lives out in the open, I dont think we need to know how much cash they make.
Which is exactly the opporsite of what happens in the example given of US pro sports, infact its better for the players as they can justify asking for higher salaries because they simply point to heir salaries.
If you want higher salaries in general then workers should be open with their salaries, keeping it confidential only helps the employer.

Righto lets stop with all this corruption theory bullsh*t. There is no corruption, within the NRL.

There is no corruption within the NRL ? OMG not sure what bubble you live in mate but that’s the quote of the year ! I really don’t even know where to start on that one . Let me give you a little tip - where there is money you will find corruption .

There is no corruption within the NRL ? OMG not sure what bubble you live in mate but that’s the quote of the year ! I really don’t even know where to start on that one . Let me give you a little tip - where there is money you will find corruption .
Without proof, any supposed corruption is only alleged. Just a word of advice, if you or anyone else keep coming out with bold statements that certain persons or organisations are corrupt, you could possibly find yourself in a spot of legal bother.

The NRL could fix it easily by assigning a players worth independently of what they are paid.

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8