Q & A With Joe Kelly in Albury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Volunteers
Hahaha I was a supporter before max and im a supporter after max. And I support the club regardless. Your support seems conditional on max. That's the only problem I have with you. You make everything about him. This forum is about manly. Max doesn't make the club yes he helped it and yes he saved it. And no im not pro penn. I'm pro manly. The funny part is though that there was more than one attempt at privatization. Penn offered more money for less shares and the football club didn't approve. Then max came along and yes he helped the club. But I don't support the max delmeges I support the MANLY SEA EAGLES so to put it bluntly I get over you spouting your rubbish every post.

I have family members who are life members of the football club, founding members who have also been board members. Not recently obviously. These people gave countless volunteer hours before all the professionalism and money to give us the history we have today. There was almost 50years before max and I'd like to think there'll be at least another 50. So we move on with we have and we continue to support the maroon and white. And if you're a true fan it really doesn't matter who owns the club so long as they have some passion for it. And no one buys into a footy club to make money so they obviously do.

Rant over[/QUOTE
Volunteers are great and much needed in society but without $$ there is no team to volunteer for.

I'm pretty sure he also gave to MONA Vale Raiders for years which as we all know has produced some great talent especially most recently the T boys.
Yeah the footy team has been around for years but it must have been the North Sydney bears you supported and your family that have been supporting for 50years!
Wasn't it only in 2000 they merged? With then 2years later cash being injected before the club folded!

Volunteers
Are you a ****ing moron. Seriously you make me ****ing angry. The manly sea eagles were founded in 1946. Take your little delmege bandwagon and **** the hell off. How dare you slander arko who still gives his time to support the club. I don't give a **** how much money someone puts in they're not bigger than the club. **** you arent a manly supporter you're just an idiot

Are you a ****ing moron. Seriously you make me ****ing angry. The manly sea eagles were founded in 1946. Take your little delmege bandwagon and **** the hell off. How dare you slander arko who still gives his time to support the club. I don't give a **** how much money someone puts in they're not bigger than the club. **** you arent a manly supporter you're just an idiot
Smoke the peace pipe and agree to disagree. This little sparring session has been going for weeks with no resolution in sight.

Smoke the peace pipe and agree to disagree. This little sparring session has been going for weeks with no resolution in sight.
Lol that did me. I must have been a bears fan apparently. Christ it's worth reporting someone to be removed just for not knowing we existed before NE. The stupidity of some ppl knows no bounds

Must of hit the right buttons. Your finally understanding! I know you don't give s**t how much someone puts into a club you just like hanging off whoever is in charge to get the free tickets. Lurker suits you. Lurking around whoever you think will give you what you want. You always have done! Everyone knows who you are Lurker!

Unfortunately no peace pipe will be smoked when Lurker insists on degrading Delmege on a personal level as well as his buisness. It's not hard to recognise the great things Max did for the club. Unfortunately Lurker has it in for Max due to things away from football and I as a Delmege supporter will not sit back and let someone try and degrade a man who did great things for our club.
He may not think I'm a fan. I'm a huge fan. 1947 Max Whitehead first Manly captain then they becam north sydney Bears etc... I must have missed a few things before I pressed send, the man makes me mad! Leave Max's personal and professional life out it and just thank him for bringing Manly back from the brink so we now sit and enjoy our club. It's not hard to do that

I didn't slag Arko just stated an obvious fact that he wasn't the one who put $15million into the club! That's not slagging anyone.

He like a lot of other people still give their time to the club. My little Delmege bandwagon is building THANKFULLY!

I didn't slag Arko just stated an obvious fact that he wasn't the one who put $15million into the club! That's not slagging anyone.

He like a lot of other people still give their time to the club. My little Delmege bandwagon is building THANKFULLY!
Alright I'm going to bite one last time because I really don't like you on a personal level. I made one comment once about delmege since then I haven't commented on his personal business nor have I slandered him as a person. I've slandered you because I think you're a moron and not a true supporter. For the record I've never been given a free ticket in the way you suggest. The only time I've ever not paid for a ticket as I've always either had a membership or a normal ticket was when an uncle of mine was a sponsor ironically during the max era haha. And I went with him on the sponsor tickets he had. Don't question my integrity please. You can call me anything else you want but I have integrity.

My point as it's always been is your participation on these forums doesn't always have to be centred around max. There was a club long before him and there'll be a club a long time after. Things won't go back to the way they were. Play the cards that have been dealt and move on.

:flogger: :soapbox:

T
I saw that as well. Showed Kelly trying to convince the Albury Fans Tooves is safe and then Penn comes out on the following Friday with his comments.
they should both at least get their stories straight before publicly speaking

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ture-before-penn-warning-20150411-1miz04.html
Manly Sea Eagles CEO Joe Kelly guaranteed Geoff Toovey's future before Penn warning
Date
April 11, 2015
Adrian Proszenko
Chief Rugby League Reporter

"I have no intentions of doing anything otherwise than seeing Geoff [Toovey, pictured] honour that two-year contract"

Manly CEO Joe Kelly publicly guaranteed Geoff Toovey will see out his contract just days before chairman Scott Penn revealed his job is under threat.

In an interview with News Corp, Penn said that Toovey was "under pressure" after the team claimed just one victory in the opening five rounds. "If we don't have a good outcome this year, then we will be having some serious discussions," Penn said.

However, that was in stark contrast with the message Kelly delivered less than a week earlier, to the Manly-Warringah Travelling Supporters Group just hours before the loss to Canberra in Albury.:D

In an address to members, which was filmed by one of them with Kelly's permission, the former South Sydney executive promised Toovey would remain until at least the expiration of his contract in 2017.

"I've been consistent from the day I started at the club, and I got asked the question before I started at the club about Geoff's tenure as head coach – Geoff's got a two-year contract. I absolutely expect to honour that two-year contract," Kelly said last Saturday.

"I have no intentions of doing anything otherwise than seeing Geoff honour that two-year contract. Any media, and I've pulled back from it in the last few weeks because this keeps coming at us, if you read anything or Google anything, you'll always find that I've always said I [was] fully supportive of Geoff. And I am.

"We've thrown another half a million dollars at the football department this year. Would I do that if I wasn't supporting Geoff? I want to see him succeed, I want to see our club succeed, our team succeed … we're giving Geoff every support possible."

Fairfax Media revealed the Sea Eagles, in a last-ditch attempt to retain star halves Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans, had approached Parramatta's Brad Arthur about the prospect of returning to Brookvale.

Speaking before Penn's statements, Kelly appeared bemused about rumours Toovey was on thin ice.

"For me, I don't know where the noise is coming from, but there's a lot of noise out there. It's not coming from me," Kelly said.

"I want to be fair and reasonable to anyone. As an employee, would I expect to be measured over the first four weeks of the competition, the first four weeks of employment? No. Not at all.

"You've got to give everyone an opportunity and Geoff has already had success over the last three years as a head coach at the club. There's nothing further from the truth but there are people out there obviously who are trying to divide and conquer. I've had enough of it, to be honest."

Toovey and Kelly were involved in a heated argument about a push by the latter to recruit Luke Burgess. The chief executive got his way, but that incident, along with the fact Toovey appeared to be out of the loop in negotiations with the halves, further fuelled suspicions the pair don't get on.

"It made it look like Geoff and I aren't communicating, which is far from the truth," Kelly said. "Geoff and I have had one disagreement since I started at the club and that has been the most documented disagreement in the history of mankind.

"Geoff and I had a conversation about it last week – 'Can you believe this, that they're talking about it still?' Let's be honest, it's about dividing and conquering. I've got a good relationship with Geoff and the fact is if everyone says 'yes' in a two-way conversation you get nothing done.

"We had what you call a robust discussion about player recruitment. Geoff is the ex-international, the expert, all of that sort of stuff and I've got to come in as the new CEO to put my point across and he's putting his point across."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ture-before-penn-warning-20150411-1miz04.html
Manly Sea Eagles CEO Joe Kelly guaranteed Geoff Toovey's future before Penn warning
Date
April 11, 2015
Adrian Proszenko
Chief Rugby League Reporter

"I have no intentions of doing anything otherwise than seeing Geoff [Toovey, pictured] honour that two-year contract"

Manly CEO Joe Kelly publicly guaranteed Geoff Toovey will see out his contract just days before chairman Scott Penn revealed his job is under threat.

In an interview with News Corp, Penn said that Toovey was "under pressure" after the team claimed just one victory in the opening five rounds. "If we don't have a good outcome this year, then we will be having some serious discussions," Penn said.

However, that was in stark contrast with the message Kelly delivered less than a week earlier, to the Manly-Warringah Travelling Supporters Group just hours before the loss to Canberra in Albury.:D

In an address to members, which was filmed by one of them with Kelly's permission, the former South Sydney executive promised Toovey would remain until at least the expiration of his contract in 2017.

"I've been consistent from the day I started at the club, and I got asked the question before I started at the club about Geoff's tenure as head coach – Geoff's got a two-year contract. I absolutely expect to honour that two-year contract," Kelly said last Saturday.

"I have no intentions of doing anything otherwise than seeing Geoff honour that two-year contract. Any media, and I've pulled back from it in the last few weeks because this keeps coming at us, if you read anything or Google anything, you'll always find that I've always said I [was] fully supportive of Geoff. And I am.

"We've thrown another half a million dollars at the football department this year. Would I do that if I wasn't supporting Geoff? I want to see him succeed, I want to see our club succeed, our team succeed … we're giving Geoff every support possible."

Fairfax Media revealed the Sea Eagles, in a last-ditch attempt to retain star halves Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans, had approached Parramatta's Brad Arthur about the prospect of returning to Brookvale.

Speaking before Penn's statements, Kelly appeared bemused about rumours Toovey was on thin ice.

"For me, I don't know where the noise is coming from, but there's a lot of noise out there. It's not coming from me," Kelly said.

"I want to be fair and reasonable to anyone. As an employee, would I expect to be measured over the first four weeks of the competition, the first four weeks of employment? No. Not at all.

"You've got to give everyone an opportunity and Geoff has already had success over the last three years as a head coach at the club. There's nothing further from the truth but there are people out there obviously who are trying to divide and conquer. I've had enough of it, to be honest."

Toovey and Kelly were involved in a heated argument about a push by the latter to recruit Luke Burgess. The chief executive got his way, but that incident, along with the fact Toovey appeared to be out of the loop in negotiations with the halves, further fuelled suspicions the pair don't get on.

"It made it look like Geoff and I aren't communicating, which is far from the truth," Kelly said. "Geoff and I have had one disagreement since I started at the club and that has been the most documented disagreement in the history of mankind.

"Geoff and I had a conversation about it last week – 'Can you believe this, that they're talking about it still?' Let's be honest, it's about dividing and conquering. I've got a good relationship with Geoff and the fact is if everyone says 'yes' in a two-way conversation you get nothing done.

"We had what you call a robust discussion about player recruitment. Geoff is the ex-international, the expert, all of that sort of stuff and I've got to come in as the new CEO to put my point across and he's putting his point across."

And there you have it.

I sat there and listened, but didnt believe.

Did anyone else see that absolute prick ZtH standing to the side gloating!!

My loathing of that man has reached new heights , as in my mind this sacking is direct retribution for the non signing of Gifty.

ZtH and Bazza Stewart are linked by an umbilical cord, this is nothing other than payback!!

Did anyone else see that absolute prick ZtH standing to the side gloating!!

My loathing of that man has reached new heights , as in my mind this sacking is direct retribution for the non signing of Gifty.

ZtH and Bazza Stewart are linked by an umbilical cord, this is nothing other than payback!!

Yep. Noticed the fat little prick on his tippy toes there aswell mark. This has his greasy buffet finger prints all over it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8