Q & A With Joe Kelly in Albury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Mentioned on the news tonight that Sezer has rejected offer from Manly to sign a three year deal with the raiders.

We must now be at the bottom of the pile for attracting players. Another black mark for Kelly if this is true

Mentioned on the news tonight that Sezer has rejected offer from Manly to sign a three year deal with the raiders.

We must now be at the bottom of the pile for attracting players. Another black mark for Kelly if this is true
Is that a problem? For the last few weeks everyone was banging on about him looking slow and average.

We just need to move on. Would help if we won a game or two too.

I don't think those figures are anything to write home about. Certainly wouldn't consider it doing well (unless you're comparing it to the Tits or Dragons). Best shape apparently must mean fractured board that couldn't agree on player retention and couldn't make any money after ten years of finals footy. That to me is a cluster****. Performance on the field was their only saving grace of which they had little to do other than a few fringe signings.

Sometimes it's better to knock something down and start again rather than continually patch it up. That's where I feel we are at now.

So lets get this right. You think making profits for the first time in decades and getting into grand finals is not coincided successful . You are pushing the Penn line that if they don't run it then its no good. You think that its ok for Joke Kelly to wreck this club so they can say its broken and look we are fixing it. Kelly even said that its not good to agree all the time and yet you buy int the board not all the time agreeing . Well I wish a few of the old heads were there now to stop Kelly and Zorba from causing this train wreck.

So lets get this right. You think making profits for the first time in decades and getting into grand finals is not coincided successful . You are pushing the Penn line that if they don't run it then its no good. You think that its ok for Joke Kelly to wreck this club so they can say its broken and look we are fixing it. Kelly even said that its not good to agree all the time and yet you buy int the board not all the time agreeing . Well I wish a few of the old heads were there now to stop Kelly and Zorba from causing this train wreck.
There is a difference between Kelly and Tooves disagreeing on something and the way the old board operated. And I'm not towing a Penn line. I just think the players of the past decade are obviously nearing their end which happened to coincide with our halves coming off contract and getting big offers from elsewhere. You play the hand your dealt. This is what Joe Kelly has to work around and I'll take his word that he IS working on it rather than chuck on my tin foil hat and assume there is some sinister plot to destroy the club.

There is a difference between Kelly and Tooves disagreeing on something and the way the old board operated. And I'm not towing a Penn line. I just think the players of the past decade are obviously nearing their end which happened to coincide with our halves coming off contract and getting big offers from elsewhere. You play the hand your dealt. This is what Joe Kelly has to work around and I'll take his word that he IS working on it rather than chuck on my tin foil hat and assume there is some sinister plot to destroy the club.

Yes you do have to play the hand your dealt. Penn and kelly said they would do everything to sign foz and cherry. They had there cards. Cherry said he wanted to stay. They just had to compete with other offers from clubs to keep him. He is one of the best players in the game today and is only going to get better. They botched it up big time. They offered him less money and pulled an offer to a marque player. Bad call, bad management and a stupid way to play a winning hand.

I feel a bit sorry for Max regarding the GFC it did appear to hit him rather hard like a lot of people. But if you're selling houses for massive unders and having companies rolled up under receivership i don't think you're flush to own a footy team.

While we're at it with hair brained schemes though could someone just give the club to me..............

And eaglessss you're right I don't read the financial review and my life is richer for it lol. In addition a quick google search reveals that the last time max was mentioned in the financial review it was with this:
View attachment 1479
I'm not exactly sure how that informs your argument. So while I don't read the financial review to be honest I'm surprised you can read at all.
That's funny!
I read Max bought 3 pubs with another in tow, owns a plush property on the GC near his family and his son in Sydney is doing well.

Yeah the GFC hit me hard to and I guess that's when you must have read about Maxs business problems like most did. And yes I remember reading in the daily about his house! That was 6 years ago nearly!!!
A lot can happen in 6 years financially as I'm sure your aware. My buisness has managed to bounce back and I work in a buisness that is needed no matter weather GFC or not!
Real Eastate is tough as I KNOW your aware!! So I'm happy for Max and his family that he has found his feet again.
I should email them and ask if one of the pubs can sponsor Manly. Or even better buy Manly!

I don't think the GFC was too kind to Max. I'm sure he's not broke but I don't know if he's still "own an NRL team and sink endless funds into it" rich either...
Manly Is no longer a club that requires lots of $$. Dave Perry helped bring them to a profit. All that's needed is Penns to be bought out. The rest is sponsors!
I highly doubt Max is broke. Lurker is a person that has it out for Max & I have a good feeling I know who lurks behind the name!!!
It's a shame really.
Without Max we have no club, no team, no premierships (because there would be no club) and we wouldn't be profatible like we are now.
I support what Delmege did 100%. He is a people person, listens to us fans and always wanted the best for our club. Unlike these idiots

I watched most of it. Jeez it was boring. Kelly did his best to emphasise the fact that the halves coming off contract at the same time was not ideal. Captain Obvious speaks!
I blame De$, climate change, Zorba and Sea Monkeys.
No particular order.
Also, it tugs at the heartstrings that our halves need more than $800k per year to do what's best for their families. These guys are living on struggle street and someone should give them some food vouchers.
I'm bored with losing.
Hope we start winning again soon.
Go Manly!

I feel a bit sorry for Max regarding the GFC it did appear to hit him rather hard like a lot of people. But if you're selling houses for massive unders and having companies rolled up under receivership i don't think you're flush to own a footy team.

While we're at it with hair brained schemes though could someone just give the club to me..............

And eaglessss you're right I don't read the financial review and my life is richer for it lol. In addition a quick google search reveals that the last time max was mentioned in the financial review it was with this:
View attachment 1479
I'm not exactly sure how that informs your argument. So while I don't read the financial review to be honest I'm surprised you can read at all.
Anyway Lurker what contribution have you made to help the Eagles?
Did you give $15million?

Yes you do have to play the hand your dealt. Penn and kelly said they would do everything to sign foz and cherry. They had there cards. Cherry said he wanted to stay. They just had to compete with other offers from clubs to keep him. He is one of the best players in the game today and is only going to get better. They botched it up big time. They offered him less money and pulled an offer to a marque player. Bad call, bad management and a stupid way to play a winning hand.
You don't think it was bad management from perry to offer way over what he's probably worth and set unrealistic expectations. He has a big part in this. If he offered as much the grub that is Orr reckons then he's hammered in one of these nails and fortunately for him not been around to have it crucify him.

Honestly if it's true that the offer was a lot more then the wheels were already set in motion. And @Loobs I agree with everything you've said. I simply want to give them the chance. If anyone thinks the club is 'wrecked' from the 4 months of kelly they need a reality check. Give the bloke 12 months. He didn't oversee gift going or choc which caused this rift that made foz unhappy. Unless he was somehow white antting before he got here *key x-files music*

I'll give him credit for having a chat. But more concerned if he couldn't get sezer to sign. Strewth Joey Johns coaching, Manly being Manly looking to re emerge as a dominant force. He must be one **** negotiator when it comes to rugby league contracts.

Did you give $15million?
Hahaha I was a supporter before max and im a supporter after max. And I support the club regardless. Your support seems conditional on max. That's the only problem I have with you. You make everything about him. This forum is about manly. Max doesn't make the club yes he helped it and yes he saved it. And no im not pro penn. I'm pro manly. The funny part is though that there was more than one attempt at privatization. Penn offered more money for less shares and the football club didn't approve. Then max came along and yes he helped the club. But I don't support the max delmeges I support the MANLY SEA EAGLES so to put it bluntly I get over you spouting your rubbish every post.

I have family members who are life members of the football club, founding members who have also been board members. Not recently obviously. These people gave countless volunteer hours before all the professionalism and money to give us the history we have today. There was almost 50years before max and I'd like to think there'll be at least another 50. So we move on with we have and we continue to support the maroon and white. And if you're a true fan it really doesn't matter who owns the club so long as they have some passion for it. And no one buys into a footy club to make money so they obviously do.

Rant over

Did you give $15million?
Oh and if you'd like to know who really saved manly it was ken arthurson. Because if he hadn't conned the Bears into allowing the license to revert back to manly in the event the joint venture folded then we wouldn't exist

You don't think it was bad management from perry to offer way over what he's probably worth and set unrealistic expectations. He has a big part in this. If he offered as much the grub that is Orr reckons then he's hammered in one of these nails and fortunately for him not been around to have it crucify him.

Honestly if it's true that the offer was a lot more then the wheels were already set in motion. And @Loobs I agree with everything you've said. I simply want to give them the chance. If anyone thinks the club is 'wrecked' from the 4 months of kelly they need a reality check. Give the bloke 12 months. He didn't oversee gift going or choc which caused this rift that made foz unhappy. Unless he was somehow white antting before he got here *key x-files music*

Are you kidding. Its what the market dictates and the fact that the sharks and 5 other clubs were chasing him tells us what his worth is. The fact the NRL backed the offer from the gold coast confirms to us what he is worth and Perry was right . Kelly and the Penns low balled him because they thought they would get Foz. That is where they went wrong. A Bad and costly mistake . Penn also shot his mouth off and said he had 1 mill to spend on each and he then offers under that. Dont blame others when its this mobs fault.

It was 39.09 minutes of information we already knew / guessed?

+ We are "attempting" to get a few juniors signed
+ We are "attempting" to sign some new players
+ Brookvale Oval upgrade "might" happen
+ We lost our halves, which was "unexpected"
+ Management are talking about what a great team they are

I'm no more informed than I previously was. There was no NEW information shared, because there is none. We are losing games en masse, we are losing players - that's what I KNOW is happening.

I appreciate the video, sure - but it gave 0 insight.
Well said

Yep the club made a massive mistake re DCE. I don't think Kelly is hopeless or a bad administrator or anything like that but I think foran played him badly and he is obviously new to being a CEO and struggling with the step up

Have you ever witnessed say a CEO talking with shareholders? You don't get a lot of minute detail. They will generally speak at a high level.

If you are looking for more detail, the few juniors would include Gutho I'm sure. The new players - well it probably wouldn't help negotiations to name people. Brookie only might happen because there are numerous parts to this - the biggest of which are that the oval is owned by the council and dealing with government be it local or state is a ****ing hassle. As for the halves well who on here expected to lose both? Yes it was unexpected but in a negotiation you only know what YOU know. You don't have a direct line into what the other party is thinking. He also offered to hold a Q & A at home.

Seriously, beyond all this I don't know what you really want? You want answers to things that still aren't resolved. Yes we are all impatient at the moment because the club is losing games on the field but if they are working on the off field stuff, we'll have to wait for it to get sorted. Till then, sit tight.
I'm not sure how much longer or tighter us fans can sit.
He said nothing new really!!
It's common knowledge now that DCE was gone when new management showed up and Foz's management was told if he stays Toovey gets fired! Imagine living with that guilt or thought. No wonder he left. They both weren't offered what the last board had offered them. It's a shame to lose both but I knew it was going to happen. It was talked about publicly for weeks.

Joe spoke of nothing at all in this video no does he answer many questions! Why? Because he can't answer them!! I wish he would leave.
Why would any one give us money at the moment and why would the juniors want to stay at a club that is falling apart at the seams.

Max did some great things for the club (and without him we would be here) but towards the end of his time there were some not so great things as well. We have all moved on and it is better to remember him as someone who played a crucial role in saving the club rather than speculate what he could be doing now

Based on visible results so far, Penn control, and Kelly management appear to be failing miserably. 2 out of 10 if you're marking generously.

But the hand hasn't played out yet, and there's more than a few chips in that bulging, unspent kitty. It still remains a case of wait and see. Big changes, big opportunities.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10