Q & A With Joe Kelly in Albury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Without the money Delmege put in there would be no Manly!
Why not give it back to Max it's not a fast way to fold a club. You don't know his financial state and I know he would get the people more involved like the did before. A club that goes back to the fans!

I'm sure Max could afford the club anyway or know the right people to buy shares into it! You obviously don't read the financial review!!!

I like most others would rather him in charge then the Penns any day! Useless bunch of business people who care only about themselves and the almighty $. Not about us fans or the club we love.
I feel a bit sorry for Max regarding the GFC it did appear to hit him rather hard like a lot of people. But if you're selling houses for massive unders and having companies rolled up under receivership i don't think you're flush to own a footy team.

While we're at it with hair brained schemes though could someone just give the club to me..............

And eaglessss you're right I don't read the financial review and my life is richer for it lol. In addition a quick google search reveals that the last time max was mentioned in the financial review it was with this:
upload_2015-4-9_14-53-18.png

I'm not exactly sure how that informs your argument. So while I don't read the financial review to be honest I'm surprised you can read at all.

As painful as it feels to wait till the end of May, that is a realistic time frame. It also sucks that other clubs have made moves.

Personally I get the feeling he's in on Maloney or *groan* Hodgkinson in the halves. I reckon Tom Burgess was one and that ship obviously sailed but at least they are having a dig. Other than that, no idea. Would like to be pleasantly surprised.
Wouldn't surprise me if Chad townsend was a bolter. He's been killing it for the warriors while Johnson has played ****. I'd be way happier with townsend than maloney

Actually just watched it. For anyone that hasn't you really should. I have to say he seems pretty honest and genuine. Nothing scripted and very frank. Very interesting his implications about Orr, just what everyone thought but it just shows what a grub he is. Also makes sense why they wont renogiate. Good to hear about extra money for the football club too

We were a "dogs breakfast" long before Joe got here. I have some faith, it may prove to be ill founded, that they (the new management team) will deliver. Its not going to turn around in a few months. Remembering we lost 4 of our last 5 matches last year.

Who was the goose that had both halves contracts ending at the same time? Why is Choc playing for the Eels and Gift the Rabbits. All massive issues.

The big problem is you have 16 CEO's and 16 teams all striving for the 1 goal, so every year 15 teams fail to meet their expectations.

At this stage it is still not unrealistic to aim for a top 4 finish. Do we have the players to achieve this is the big question, I doubted it before a ball was kicked off. I think I predicted a 9th to 12th finish.

A win or a loss this week will not answer any questions, we need to ride this out and it could get a whole lot rougher.

Ill ask you how you are feeling when we are 1/10??

We were a "dogs breakfast" long before Joe got here. I have some faith, it may prove to be ill founded, that they (the new management team) will deliver. Its not going to turn around in a few months. Remembering we lost 4 of our last 5 matches last year.

Who was the goose that had both halves contracts ending at the same time? Why is Choc playing for the Eels and Gift the Rabbits. All massive issues.

The big problem is you have 16 CEO's and 16 teams all striving for the 1 goal, so every year 15 teams fail to meet their expectations.

At this stage it is still not unrealistic to aim for a top 4 finish. Do we have the players to achieve this is the big question, I doubted it before a ball was kicked off. I think I predicted a 9th to 12th finish.

A win or a loss this week will not answer any questions, we need to ride this out and it could get a whole lot rougher.

I will grant you I think they have a plan, I can't see Penn spending big dollars to gain control, then spending a motza on staff just to piss it down the sink.

So far out of 10 it's a -3, lets revisit this at the end of May, if we are still on 2 points, but we have made a few signings for 2016 I might give them a 2/10.

Regarding the Eagles Angels. Yes Joe did meet with them in December at the function he mentioned. Since then no one has contacted them officially. They have not been invited to any of the games this year. It is now April - 4 months have passed. He mentioned that the last two years the previous administration had not been in contact. This is untrue. There were various functions - Angels debate at Crinitis as well a Women In League function in the Chairman's. Many of the Angels were in attendance. Each of the Angels were invited to every match and were contacted and communicated with on a regular basis. In fact this contact and management of the Angels had continued on a regular basis for over 10 years.The previous management spearheaded by David Perry were very much in touch with them on a regular basis and were up until the last moment trying to secure a sponsor for them.

I will grant you I think they have a plan, I can't see Penn spending big dollars to gain control, then spending a motza on staff just to piss it down the sink.

So far out of 10 it's a -3, lets revisit this at the end of May, if we are still on 2 points, but we have made a few signings for 2016 I might give them a 2/10.
^
This!
Totally different scenario to stock holder meeting and the polite thing to do is give him to May 31st. A successful year doesn't necessarily mean winning the Grand Final, a successful year for me is we gave it our all and finished in the top 4.
Jury is waiting!

Just watched it and read the responses . Maybe it should be called an update from the CEO , as quoted from others not much that we already knew but hearing it from the CEO just seems to confirm things happening at the club other than through hearsay . With questions being asked at the end for future replies at the next Update from the CEO that they could organize before a home at the club every month or so . But all we can do know is give the club a chance to move forward with the plans they have in at the moment and see where we are in 3 months if nothing then we can have his Nuts on a plate

Regarding the Eagles Angels. Yes Joe did meet with them in December at the function he mentioned. Since then no one has contacted them officially. They have not been invited to any of the games this year. It is now April - 4 months have passed. He mentioned that the last two years the previous administration had not been in contact. This is untrue. There were various functions - Angels debate at Crinitis as well a Women In League function in the Chairman's. Many of the Angels were in attendance. Each of the Angels were invited to every match and were contacted and communicated with on a regular basis. In fact this contact and management of the Angels had continued on a regular basis for over 10 years.The previous management spearheaded by David Perry were very much in touch with them on a regular basis and were up until the last moment trying to secure a sponsor for them.

They've been in the paper (Manly Daily) at numerous functions over the past 3-4 years. Meh, I guess we can put it down to misinformation on Kellys behalf.

Eagles Angels are amazing as he said.

That being said, lip service is lip service. I just "hope" he wasn't lying.

If they have a future Q & A at the leagues club it would be interesting if you were there to ask him this question. Not a good look for someone trying to gain credibility at a new club.

He gave an answer as to why they pulled DCE's offer but didn't explain why they didn't pull Foran's offer at the same time.

I get the impression that our halves have played games big time with Joe and he has not seen it.

They've been in the paper (Manly Daily) at numerous functions over the past 3-4 years. Meh, I guess we can put it down to misinformation on Kellys behalf.

Eagles Angels are amazing as he said.

That being said, lip service is lip service. I just "hope" he wasn't lying.
I don't think he really got a clean handover from the old admin. More likely some biased info.

People here seem to think Perry was pretty good, but didn't he run the club for a loss most years even with all the wins and also sign our halves to deals ending at the same time?

Kelly has to start delivering, we have not seen much from him and its been an anxious time as we watch our team dissolve. We need to hear about our good young players secured into long term deals, whether Toovey will be the coach moving forward and if Brooky is not happening what is the plan B. Kelly is running out of time, we need answers to this ASAP.

You are kidding . Perry and 2v patched the mess up after Des . The club did well on the field and off despite Zorbas media interference at Perry and the non penn directors.
The club was in the best shape it had been in decades .
In 6 months they wrecked it. On field and off.
Now they need to mop up there own mess. Its all on them. Joke and Penn

We have our own Greek tragedy happening at the moment. We could give it a Hitchcockian name like 'The Trouble with Peter'.

I blame Arko for signing Mr Peters up back in the 1960s. He could have been Parramatta's - or some other club's problem to deal with, decades on.

We have our own Greek tragedy happening at the moment. We could give it a Hitchcockian name like 'The Trouble with Peter'.

I blame Arko for signing Mr Peters up back in the 1960s. He could have been Parramatta's - or some other club's problem to deal with, decades on.

As i posted months ago ,zorba was in Kellys ear from day one.
That is where the problems have all come from in the team with Zorba having the players turn and take sides. Even against each other. He is and always has been the major problem at manly. Now he is married to a Penn, he has full power as his brother inlaw (Rick) will do as he wants.He tells every one that he has won the war for the Penns. He takes the credit for it.

Last edited:
You are kidding . Perry and 2v patched the mess up after Des . The club did well on the field and off despite Zorbas media interference at Perry and the non penn directors.
The club was in the best shape it had been in decades .
In 6 months they wrecked it. On field and off.
Now they need to mop up there own mess. Its all on them. Joke and Penn
I don't think those figures are anything to write home about. Certainly wouldn't consider it doing well (unless you're comparing it to the Tits or Dragons). Best shape apparently must mean fractured board that couldn't agree on player retention and couldn't make any money after ten years of finals footy. That to me is a cluster****. Performance on the field was their only saving grace of which they had little to do other than a few fringe signings.

Sometimes it's better to knock something down and start again rather than continually patch it up. That's where I feel we are at now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10