Q & A With Joe Kelly in Albury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wowww!!! that's your opinion! I've never heard you express that before!

Let me just clarify...........you want to just give the club back to a bloke for free versus the ones that still have money?

You're right that's definitely the fastest way to fold the club.

In addition you said Max built the club up. I think you are significantly overlooking Mr Hasler and the roster he built. Unless delmege was running on the field in head gear and I just didn't notice?
To be fair Max was great for us. We wouldn't even be here today if it wasn't for him. Giving the club back to him isn't a great idea either but there is no denying what the man did for this club.

I think if people are willing to remove their tin foil hats then this should quiet a few doubters...

I think if people are willing to remove their tin foil hats then this should quiet a few doubters...

It was 39.09 minutes of information we already knew / guessed?

+ We are "attempting" to get a few juniors signed
+ We are "attempting" to sign some new players
+ Brookvale Oval upgrade "might" happen
+ We lost our halves, which was "unexpected"
+ Management are talking about what a great team they are

I'm no more informed than I previously was. There was no NEW information shared, because there is none. We are losing games en masse, we are losing players - that's what I KNOW is happening.

I appreciate the video, sure - but it gave 0 insight.

Results are the only thing that will quiet the Members.:cool:

Thanks for posting, but JoKelly basically said the same platitudes.

Although Foran comes out of this looking even more crazy, making life decisions daily that contradict each other - WTF :confused:
Pathetic excuse for pulling Chez's offer 'to concentrate on Round 1 game against Parra...'
Foran was also picked to play, yet his offer was left on the table - lies and toupes@:mask:

Lets hope that all the new employees actually deliver a Team that is as successful, as the one that was put together by the last lot of administrators @:cool:

Last edited:
It was 39.09 minutes of information we already knew / guessed?

+ We are "attempting" to get a few juniors signed
+ We are "attempting" to sign some new players
+ Brookvale Oval upgrade "might" happen
+ We lost our halves, which was "unexpected"
+ Management are talking about what a great team they are

I'm no more informed than I previously was. There was no NEW information shared, because there is none. We are losing games en masse, we are losing players - that's what I KNOW is happening.

I appreciate the video, sure - but it gave 0 insight.
Have you ever witnessed say a CEO talking with shareholders? You don't get a lot of minute detail. They will generally speak at a high level.

If you are looking for more detail, the few juniors would include Gutho I'm sure. The new players - well it probably wouldn't help negotiations to name people. Brookie only might happen because there are numerous parts to this - the biggest of which are that the oval is owned by the council and dealing with government be it local or state is a ****ing hassle. As for the halves well who on here expected to lose both? Yes it was unexpected but in a negotiation you only know what YOU know. You don't have a direct line into what the other party is thinking. He also offered to hold a Q & A at home.

Seriously, beyond all this I don't know what you really want? You want answers to things that still aren't resolved. Yes we are all impatient at the moment because the club is losing games on the field but if they are working on the off field stuff, we'll have to wait for it to get sorted. Till then, sit tight.

Results are the only thing that will quiet the Members.:cool:

Thanks for posting, but JoKelly basically said the same platitudes.

Although Foran comes out of this looking even more crazy, making life decisions daily that contradict each other - WTF :confused:

Lets hope that all the new employees actually deliver a Team that is as successful, as the one that was put together by the last lot of administrators @:cool:

Mate, have you always been HappilyManly, or did you change your user name?

Have you ever witnessed say a CEO talking with shareholders? You don't get a lot of minute detail. They will generally speak at a high level.

If you are looking for more detail, the few juniors would include Gutho I'm sure. The new players - well it probably wouldn't help negotiations to name people. Brookie only might happen because there are numerous parts to this - the biggest of which are that the oval is owned by the council and dealing with government be it local or state is a ****ing hassle. As for the halves well who on here expected to lose both? Yes it was unexpected but in a negotiation you only know what YOU know. You don't have a direct line into what the other party is negotiating. He also offered to hold a Q & A at home.

Seriously, beyond all this I don't know what you really want? You want answers to things that still aren't resolved. Yes we are all impatient at the moment because the club is losing games on the field but if they are working on the off field stuff, we'll have to wait for it to get sorted. Till then, sit tight.

Yup, fair enough. Kelly DID say 3-4 "high end" signings by the end of May (and I'll hold is word on that - even though he suggested Foran / DCE would be prior to Christmas), and that within 2 weeks of that video (a week has passed now) that a number of junior re-signings would be announced.

So I'm very happy about that.

Footnote: Elgey is a fringe signing - and most certainly wouldn't be classed as high end. I hope he's not including Elgey in that, because the kid will be fighting it out with Littlejohn, and our other NYC players for the spot. He's in that class atm.

While some of us lose our tin foil hat maybe others can lose the rose coloured glasses
What's your real issue? The job Joe Kelly has done trying to recruit of which you and I know absolutely nothing or the performance of the team the last couple weeks?

Yup, fair enough. Kelly DID say 3-4 "high end" signings by the end of May (and I'll hold is word on that - even though he suggested Foran / DCE would be prior to Christmas), and that within 2 weeks of that video (a week has passed now) that a number of junior re-signings would be announced.

So I'm very happy about that.

Footnote: Elgey is a fringe signing - and most certainly wouldn't be classed as high end. I hope he's not including Elgey in that, because the kid will be fighting it out with Littlejohn, and our other NYC players for the spot. He's in that class atm.
As painful as it feels to wait till the end of May, that is a realistic time frame. It also sucks that other clubs have made moves.

Personally I get the feeling he's in on Maloney or *groan* Hodgkinson in the halves. I reckon Tom Burgess was one and that ship obviously sailed but at least they are having a dig. Other than that, no idea. Would like to be pleasantly surprised.

As painful as it feels to wait till the end of May, that is a realistic time frame. It also sucks that other clubs have made moves.

Personally I get the feeling he's in on Maloney or *groan* Hodgkinson in the halves. I reckon Tom Burgess was one and that ship obviously sailed but at least they are having a dig. Other than that, no idea. Would like to be pleasantly surprised.

Dear Lord, Hodkinson? Please don't send us back to the Jye Mullane / Jason Ferris days Mr Kelly. The kid is glass as well atm (always injured).

06. Maloney
07. Elgey

I could probably just deal with. Maloney can kick goals, and steal/throw boots into the crowd.
Elgey DOES have potential, and plays a bit like Cronk imo.

I would LOVE for that kid to get here, tear it up, and become the next Cronk, and then the Titans flail. It would PLEEEEASE me, but I'm nasty tbh :)

Dear Lord, Hodkinson? Please don't send us back to the Jye Mullane / Jason Ferris days Mr Kelly. The kid is glass as well atm (always injured).

06. Maloney
07. Elgey

I could probably just deal with. Maloney can kick goals, and steal/throw boots into the crowd.
Elgey DOES have potential, and plays a bit like Cronk imo.

I would LOVE for that kid to get here, tear it up, and become the next Cronk, and then the Titans flail. It would PLEEEEASE me, but I'm nasty tbh :)
I do recall him saying we were after international level halves as replacements. Unless we're going fringe nations like
No I certainly can't blame him for the on field performance. My real issue is how he has handled the halves with seemingly double standards. If he is to be believed both were offered 900k a season so 1.8 mill for the pair. I would have cut Foz loose and offered DCE 1.2 I have no doubt he would have stayed for that. I'm already hearing people scream he isn't worth that I agree. The problem is in today's market he is. It would be a lot easier to rebuild a team with one established half than the scenario we find ourselves in now.

If we paid 1.2 on Joe's own figures that saves us 600k a season and we would be a more attractive proposition to other players in the re- build.

I just don't see why Joe is still trying to convince Foz to stay and is happy to just piss DCE off?

Nothing personal Loobs just think he misread the situation and now we are at ground zero.

No halves and at best a tradesman forward pack (even that's being kind)
Hey, we don't have to agree mate, and I get where you are coming from. I feel like Foz dicked everyone around for so long with his apparent flip flopping even though he was always going. That ****ed all their plans right up. It's like if your girl has been cheating on you for ages but she only tells you the day before you get married. You only know now but it's been going on forever. Foz making out like the decision is tearing him apart probably made them think he could still be turned back. DCE was more forthright so they are respecting that and recognising he's gone and moving on.

We've also seen that Daly alone and a makeshift 5/8 is not a player worth 1.2M if our pack remains ****. We need to throw the money at the forwards. 15% of the cap on DCE was about the max of what I would be comfortable with. Foz or no Foz...

Kelly must have been the only person here who thought that Foran was going to sign with Manly. He made his decision last year and confirmed it to Parra in January

He dicked Manly around like the jerk he is for months making us believe that he hadn't made his decision when he had. He may have only just signed the contract but financial figures were worked out months ago with parra.

Kelly needs to make some big signings soon as he doesn't have many runs on the board yet.

If we get beaten again this weekend and the players put in the same lack of effort then surely someone must be held accountable starting with Foran to NSW cup

We were a "dogs breakfast" long before Joe got here. I have some faith, it may prove to be ill founded, that they (the new management team) will deliver. Its not going to turn around in a few months. Remembering we lost 4 of our last 5 matches last year.

Who was the goose that had both halves contracts ending at the same time? Why is Choc playing for the Eels and Gift the Rabbits. All massive issues.

The big problem is you have 16 CEO's and 16 teams all striving for the 1 goal, so every year 15 teams fail to meet their expectations.

At this stage it is still not unrealistic to aim for a top 4 finish. Do we have the players to achieve this is the big question, I doubted it before a ball was kicked off. I think I predicted a 9th to 12th finish.

A win or a loss this week will not answer any questions, we need to ride this out and it could get a whole lot rougher.

Wowww!!! that's your opinion! I've never heard you express that before!

Let me just clarify...........you want to just give the club back to a bloke for free versus the ones that still have money?

You're right that's definitely the fastest way to fold the club.

In addition you said Max built the club up. I think you are significantly overlooking Mr Hasler and the roster he built. Unless delmege was running on the field in head gear and I just didn't notice?
Without the money Delmege put in there would be no Manly!
Why not give it back to Max it's not a fast way to fold a club. You don't know his financial state and I know he would get the people more involved like the did before. A club that goes back to the fans!

I'm sure Max could afford the club anyway or know the right people to buy shares into it! You obviously don't read the financial review!!!

I like most others would rather him in charge then the Penns any day! Useless bunch of business people who care only about themselves and the almighty $. Not about us fans or the club we love.

Without the money Delmege put in there would be no Manly!
Why not give it back to Max it's not a fast way to fold a club. You don't know his financial state and I know he would get the people more involved like the did before. A club that goes back to the fans!

I'm sure Max could afford the club anyway or know the right people to buy shares into it! You obviously don't read the financial review!!!

I like most others would rather him in charge then the Penns any day! Useless bunch of business people who care only about themselves and the almighty $. Not about us fans or the club we love.
I don't think the GFC was too kind to Max. I'm sure he's not broke but I don't know if he's still "own an NRL team and sink endless funds into it" rich either...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8