Q & A With Joe Kelly in Albury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ok....here's the main points I can recall from the Q & A. Firstly, a reocurring theme of the session was don't believe everything you read in the tele or SMH - most of it is BS & there is an agenda out there to divide the club.

Tooves
Has Joe's full support (I wish he used a different phrase though). He & Tooves did have a 'robust' discussion some time back about recruitment but was blown out of proportion by the media. He get's on well with Geoff & they catch up with weekly discussions. No other coaches have been approached to replace him & he intends for Geoff to see out his 2 year contract.

DCE & Foran
Threw everything at the both of them on an attractive deal, which would have taken up 30% of the salary cap. In the case of DCE, the titans offer was more lucrative & he get's to be the 'face of the game' up there. The club will be moving forward & have no intention of persuading him to change his mind prior to Round 13.
In Keiran's case, he thought several times that he would stay but Keiran kept changing his mind. The money was 'not an issue' but his relationship with BA the deciding factor.

Major Sponser
No truth that Kaspersky have decided not to extend their deal. The club are in negotiations at the moment. Doesn't mean they will be on board next year but doesn't mean they won't be either.

Brookie
Still a fair way off by the sounds of it. We need the council to give it to the NSW gov who must then give it to the club. The ground is a liability for the council so they may not be opposed to this. If this does eventuate we are looking at being out of Brookie for 12 months (although I think he mentioned out in August and back the following March?).

Recruitment
Over the coming weeks there should be some announcements that we have re-signed 4 or 5 of our up & coming young guns. Around May we can look forward to some big name signings.

That's about all my brain could cope with. Enjoy.

Firstly, a reocurring theme of the session was don't believe everything you read in the tele or SMH - most of it is BS & there is an agenda out there to divide the club.

Is he confident that all the staff sackings have finally weeded out the mole ?

@Shaka1eye I know you mentioned he ruled out trying to persuade DCE to stay, did he say anything in regards to Foz? Obviously there are some reports suggesting they are still trying to change his mind.

Nothing about persuading Foz. The question was specifically about Daly. I got the impression that he really wanted to sign Keiran and he said he thought they had him on several occasions.

The way he has stated the negotiations are now finished with Cherry makes me think we must be VERY close to landing Elgey.

Glad to hear Tooves is safe and stays to see out his contract. Unless of course he's not telling the truth. Time will tell.

No other coach has been approached at all
Kelly stated that toovey has the full backing of the board and that no other coach has been approached.

If events of the next week prove these statements to be wrong then Kelly needs to go for misleading the fans

Ok....here's the main points I can recall from the Q & A. Firstly, a reocurring theme of the session was don't believe everything you read in the tele or SMH - most of it is BS & there is an agenda out there to divide the club.

Tooves
Has Joe's full support (I wish he used a different phrase though). He & Tooves did have a 'robust' discussion some time back about recruitment but was blown out of proportion by the media. He get's on well with Geoff & they catch up with weekly discussions. No other coaches have been approached to replace him & he intends for Geoff to see out his 2 year contract.

DCE & Foran
Threw everything at the both of them on an attractive deal, which would have taken up 30% of the salary cap. In the case of DCE, the titans offer was more lucrative & he get's to be the 'face of the game' up there. The club will be moving forward & have no intention of persuading him to change his mind prior to Round 13.
In Keiran's case, he thought several times that he would stay but Keiran kept changing his mind. The money was 'not an issue' but his relationship with BA the deciding factor.

Major Sponser
No truth that Kaspersky have decided not to extend their deal. The club are in negotiations at the moment. Doesn't mean they will be on board next year but doesn't mean they won't be either.

Brookie
Still a fair way off by the sounds of it. We need the council to give it to the NSW gov who must then give it to the club. The ground is a liability for the council so they may not be opposed to this. If this does eventuate we are looking at being out of Brookie for 12 months (although I think he mentioned out in August and back the following March?).

Recruitment
Over the coming weeks there should be some announcements that we have re-signed 4 or 5 of our up & coming young guns. Around May we can look forward to some big name signings.

If this is all true and I haveno reason to believe it's not then we are definitely heading in the right direction with solid leadership that has a plan.

If this is all true and I haveno reason to believe it's not then we are definitely heading in the right direction with solid leadership that has a plan.
I do feel more reassured of the direction of the club after hearing him speak. He also brought along the new marketing bloke, corporate guy & CFO who have been with the club 3 weeks, 5 weeks & a couple of months respectively. It seems like it's a period of great change both off & on the field. Only time will tell if they are successful or not and I'm holding off my judgement of the new management team for now.

I do feel more reassured of the direction of the club after hearing him speak. He also brought along the new marketing bloke, corporate guy & CFO who have been with the club 3 weeks, 5 weeks & a couple of months respectively. It seems like it's a period of great change both off & on the field. Only time will tell if they are successful or not and I'm holding off my judgement of the new management team for now.
We do demand a lot, only because of the success we've had. But it's only fair to give them time seeing as though it's only been roughly 6 months since the ownership issue was finally resolved and the Penns surely want to now have things run the way they always envisioned. Joe has actually got a bit done in his 5 months. Obviously not resigning the halves doesn't look great but DCE wanted more than their reasonable offer and Foz was gone since mid last year so not much he really could have done. If they resign the youth and plug our gaping holes (halves & pack) then it's you'd have to mark them pretty high especially considering the white anting from players and a few others.

The only thing I won't cop is DCE telling me how to feel. He can go **** himself.

Why are they not interested in trying to persuade DCE to stay. Sounds like they didn't really want him.

DCE really must be a dividing character or a real pain in the neck off the field for the club not to be interested in keeping him at all.

X2 but I wish they hadn't have sacked people so quickly

Why are they not interested in trying to persuade DCE to stay. Sounds like they didn't really want him.

DCE really must be a dividing character or a real pain in the neck off the field for the club not to be interested in keeping him at all.
Or, the dividing influence did not want DCE :cool:

We do demand a lot, only because of the success we've had. But it's only fair to give them time seeing as though it's only been roughly 6 months since the ownership issue was finally resolved and the Penns surely want to now have things run the way they always envisioned. Joe has actually got a bit done in his 5 months. Obviously not resigning the halves doesn't look great but DCE wanted more than their reasonable offer and Foz was gone since mid last year so not much he really could have done. If they resign the youth and plug our gaping holes (halves & pack) then it's you'd have to mark them pretty high especially considering the white anting from players and a few others.

The only thing I won't cop is DCE telling me how to feel. He can go **** himself.
G'day all,Give them time?Penn was the one who came out and said he was going to sign them both by Christmas and hasn't that turned out well.It has been glaringly obvious that they were only ever interested in signing Foran.How do we know what they offered DCE,and as you say everyone knew Foran was leaving last year,so why has he thrown all his efforts in trying to resign a bloke who had already decided to leave,and basically just shut the door on the other,who was about to resign but had his offer pulled.Oh that's right Joe said there was no previous offer that he could find!
I could cop losing both of them if negotiations with both players was conducted in an even fashion,but what really galls me is that even now they still are trying to convince Foran to change his mind but have no interest to try and get DCE to change his mind.Why the double standard?Surely you would keep all options open to retain at least one?Now we are trying to "plug a gaping hole" with worse options than what we had and not just one but two positions.
As for white anting it's Foran Brett Stewart and Matai doing the white anting and they're getting away with it because they have the support of the new management,and the only bloke being white anted is Toovey,its not management that is being white anted.
Maybe they do have a plan for the future,and I hope they do,but everything they have done so far reeks of retribution and vindictiveness and they have a lot of ground to make up to show they do have some integrity and restore my confidence in them.
cheers mike

G'day all,Give them time?Penn was the one who came out and said he was going to sign them both by Christmas and hasn't that turned out well.It has been glaringly obvious that they were only ever interested in signing Foran.How do we know what they offered DCE,and as you say everyone knew Foran was leaving last year,so why has he thrown all his efforts in trying to resign a bloke who had already decided to leave,and basically just shut the door on the other,who was about to resign but had his offer pulled.Oh that's right Joe said there was no previous offer that he could find!
I could cop losing both of them if negotiations with both players was conducted in an even fashion,but what really galls me is that even now they still are trying to convince Foran to change his mind but have no interest to try and get DCE to change his mind.Why the double standard?Surely you would keep all options open to retain at least one?Now we are trying to "plug a gaping hole" with worse options than what we had and not just one but two positions.
As for white anting it's Foran Brett Stewart and Matai doing the white anting and they're getting away with it because they have the support of the new management,and the only bloke being white anted is Toovey,its not management that is being white anted.
Maybe they do have a plan for the future,and I hope they do,but everything they have done so far reeks of retribution and vindictiveness and they have a lot of ground to make up to show they do have some integrity and restore my confidence in them.
cheers mike
ok but here is a question - how good are out halves? Because they've shown they are no good behind a beaten pack - so are they actually that good or are they only good behind a dominant pack? Because they've been outplayed all games bar one by people commanding a lot less money.

Last edited:

Tooves

DCE & Foran

Major Sponser

Brookie

Recruitment

Ok Kelly replied that no other coaches had been approached by him to replace Tooves.
I would be interested to see what his reaction and reply would have been if someone had asked, "Have any coach's AGENTS been approached, spoken to, or met with by either yourself and/or Scott Penn, with the intention of courting Foran, and replacing Toovey."

Would have been interesting. Hopefully a genuine denial.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4