QLD Cup - Tony "Believe it or not he gets worse" Williams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: QLD Cup - Tony "Believe it or not he gets worse" Williams

thanks guys, glad he doesn't want my horse tips  ::)

Fro link said:
Have a look at reyams posts Darren, he is a knob of the hightest order who just try's to get a reaction. . .
Judging from his smite count he is succeeding.

Darren your info is really good.

I appreciate this site so much more now that I live outside of the area and information on juniors is always a massive help.

I use to watch the Arrive Alive cup years ago, and its good seeing players like Samut who was a freak back then come into the game and still be good but look no where near what he use to. It's also good to see some of the lesser names from the Arrive Alive now being better than the best when they were juniors.

Anyway don't let any of the **** stirrers get to you, not even me, info on juniors is a massive and rich vein of information that everyone should be happy to hear

Darren, don't both with that other bloke, nobody else does

I reckon we probably both saw the same game from Tony Williams last year at Parra and that is why the both of us got excited about it. I remember sitting there wishing he was ours. We were up 16-0 with 20mins to go in the Toyota Cup, and he won it on his own. 1 try was the same as that one he scored against the Tigers. Like you I won't write him off too quickly but a long way to go

I have had a brief look at Whare, once at the ground and once on TV. Didn't see him in the clear so unsure on his pace, but he did seem very light on his feet with a good right foot step.
The fact Wayne Bennett is apparently upset to lose him should be a good sign

LOL, Somebody mentioned Dallas Rennie, what a disappointment that was !!! I had heard about him since he was about 15 but he never even really cracked reggies

Another name from the past I see cropping up in the Qld Cup a lot is Karl Johnson. Maybe it was you again Darren, but I remember somebody mentioning he was very good on attack but defence was woeful. Maybe he has fixed that area up coz he is getting some good mentions up there

gday Kiwi, thaks all for the positive stuff!! Yep, you saw that game at parra in toyota cup when tony ran riot, you couldn't help but think what this kid could end up being!!

Whare is certainly an impressive centre, reads a game well, I watched him in Wollongong this year. In  a badly beaten team, he stood out, set up this brillant try for his winger that looked class, stood Josh Portlock up, went round him, drew our winger and slipped awesome ball for the try, just quality!! Your impression is how I see him, hopefully he can step up!!

Yep, it was me that mentioned Karl, about 5/6 years ago weplayed that trial at Tigers in torrentail rain, witts 1st match for us, Karl took Tezza's spot at right centre and killed them, big long runs etc, remmeber going wow, this kid looks the goods but his defence as mentioned was awful, strong rumour I heard was he couldnt pass to his left!!! no joke!! we watched him in 2nd grade and he passed a ball that hit the fence on the sideline. Never laughed so much.

I saw Williams in the Under 20s game at Slime Stadium last year and he single-handedly wrecked us. I also saw him in the World Cup in which he was a dominant force and showed a lot.

Sure, his form has been down and it is right for him to be dropped at present. To totally write him off forever is premature. Surely Crusher and Co had good reason to sign the bloke. Confidence is such a big part of sport and the guy obviously needs some time to get it back. From Parra 20s to the World Club Champions and defending Premiers is no easy jump.

Canteen Worker link said:
I saw Williams in the Under 20s game at Slime Stadium last year and he single-handedly wrecked us. I also saw him in the World Cup in which he was a dominant force and showed a lot.

Sure, his form has been down and it is right for him to be dropped at present. To totally write him off forever is premature. Surely Crusher and Co had good reason to sign the bloke. Confidence is such a big part of sport and the guy obviously needs some time to get it back. From Parra 20s to the World Club Champions and defending Premiers is no easy jump.

you enjoy rainy days on the off chance you'll see a rainbow dont you?

FFS he has had most of this season and has yet to have a good game, that experiment should be over

While we are on the ex Manly juniors theme, I read an article saying Trembath is going really, really well for Norths this season, and hasn't been too far off a Souths call up

Darren link said:
Yep, it was me that mentioned Karl, about 5/6 years ago weplayed that trial at Tigers in torrentail rain, witts 1st match for us, Karl took Tezza's spot at right centre and killed them, big long runs etc, remmeber going wow, this kid looks the goods but his defence as mentioned was awful, strong rumour I heard was he couldnt pass to his left!!! no joke!! we watched him in 2nd grade and he passed a ball that hit the fence on the sideline. Never laughed so much.

I remember that game. One of my favourite days at the footy ever, despite the rain. I love how you describe it as Witt's first game for the club. I will always remember it as the first time I saw BK in a Manly jersey! The first day of our club turnaround....

Williams scored a cracker of a try against the Tigers and it showed what he is capable of when he is not tentative.  But in general he is far too tentative and uncertain on the field and seems a confidence player whose confidence is shot to bits.

I think his 2009 is over and there is some very hard thinking to do in the off season.

Dan link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=181381.msg237186#msg237186 date=1250498503]

you enjoy rainy days on the off chance you'll see a rainbow dont you?

FFS he has had most of this season and has yet to have a good game, that experiment should be over
[/quote]

I enjoy rainy days because we are in drought :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2