QUEENSLANDER

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't blame you mate , but as I say I look forward to the day when it's more even, those were the days QLD would win one, NSW would come back the next year and after about 25 years the wins were about 1 game apart and the points differential over 25 years was 2 points.

You have to admit, those were the days , a real contest.

It's been like the Australian Team v the under 8 Mona Vale Raiders the last 11 years, we only one in 2014 due to injuries taking out a few of your guns.

It could easily be 11 in a row.

Sorry to spoil your party but if this is supposed to be the best v the best it wouldn't be like that.

Its not a whinge or a sook it's just simply stating I yearn for the day when it's a contest again!!
Agreed. I was gettin fairly nervous tho when there was only 4 points in it in the second half. NSW kept coming back. And I'm sure in 5years time when the big guns have all retired I might not be so happy.

You can actually make a full team of 17 for both NSW and Qld made up players who were not born in the state.

NSW:
FB - Josh Dugan (Canberra, ACT)
WG - Akuila Uate (Nadroga-Navosa, Fiji)
CE - Steve Rogers (Gold Coast, Qld)
CE - Timana Tahu (Melbourne, Vic)
WG - Ken Nagas (Bundaberg, Qld)
FE - Phil Blake (London, England)
HB - Peter Sterling (Toowoomba, Qld)
PR - James Tamou (Palmerston North, NZ)
HK - Benny Elias (Tripoli, Lebanon)
PR - Willie Mason (Auckland, NZ)
SR - Ryan Hoffman (Canberra, ACT)
SR - Ian Roberts (London, England)
LK - Bradley Clyde (Canberra, ACT)

Res - Joel Monoghan (Canberra, ACT), Justin Poore (Perth, WA), John Hopoate (Nukuʻalofa, Tonga), Mario Fenech (Valletta, Malta)

Qld:
FB - Karmichael Hunt (Auckland, NZ)
WG - Mat Rogers (Sydney, NSW)
CE - Greg Inglis (Bowraville, NSW)
CE - Israel Folau (Sydney, NSW)
WG - Loti Tuqiri (Korolevu, Fiji)
FE - Julian O'Neill (Sydney, NSW)
HB - Adrian Lam (Rabaul, PNG)
PR - Petero Civoniceva (Suva, Fiji)
HK - Wayne Bartrim (Kempsey, NSW)
PR - Craig Smith (Kaitia, NZ)
SR - Neville Costigan (Rabaul, PNG)
SR - Sam Thaiday (Sydney, NSW)
LK - Billy Moore (Tenterfield, NSW)

Res - Scott Sattler (Sydney, NSW), Michael Crocker (Sydney, NSW), Brad Thorn (Mosgiel, NZ), Tonie Carroll (Christchurch, NZ)

Oh, and @mosto .... Billy Moore wasn't the first to use the Queenslander cry. It was first used by Gary Belcher in the mid 80's.

I haven't got the remotest idea what you are talking about - but I definitely agree.
Haha!
I mean our preconceived ideas about certain players we see running around each week stop us standing back & looking at things objectively.
Only when they're consigned to the dusty halls of fame will the punters appreciate their achievements without saying, "Ah, that f#&kin cat!" ;)
Are you hip to my jive?

Haha!
I mean our preconceived ideas about certain players we see running around each week stop us standing back & looking at things objectively.
Only when they're consigned to the dusty halls of fame will the punters appreciate their achievements without saying, "Ah, that f#&kin cat!" ;)
Are you hip to my jive?
Yup! - what I said...

I posted this in another thread, but I just got home from the game with a sore throat and a big smile on my face (not from the public toilets either). Sorry boys, go Queensland!!!! Feel free to unleash your fury uponith me. But remember come tomorrow I'll have my manly jersey back on.

Origin died at 4 in a row, Queensland told us that

This concept is dead, only Queensland cares about it because it makes them feel adequate every year

Qld too good, team of champions.

Just a thought - If QLD lost 10 series. They'd cry and moan that Rugby League is dead, depression rates would dramatically spike! Their passion for football is massive.

You should see the smug pr*cks strutting around in their maroon shirts,they woulnt be seen if they had lost,the only thing wrong with this beautiful state is the queeeenslaaaaanders

You should see the smug pr*cks strutting around in their maroon shirts,they woulnt be seen if they had lost,the only thing wrong with this beautiful state is the queeeenslaaaaanders

As I say mate, fabulous place to live (weather wise), and other than 9 weeks a year the people are really nice BUT from 2 weeks before Origin and until a few days after the last game they turn into (mostly) a bunch of wankers.

I just cannot wait for the day when its "normal transmission", lets see how they all feel when they've lost 2 or 3 series in a row, and don't you worry its coming as there's some real up and comers in the Blues side and this "pick and stick" attitude of QLD will backfire at some stage with zero experience coming through to replace all the superstars that are all going to retire either at once OR within two years.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8