Quick question- Hooker in 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Croker is very coachable ... he played the role Dessie wanted him to play .. ie similar to how Matt Ballin played for him ... no-nonsense distribution and endless tackling ...

However .. I am certain Croker will learn to play the way Seib's wants him to play .. if that involves more running, kicking or creative passing ... I'll back the frog to make the transition...

Write the Frog off at your own peril ...

Croker is very coachable ... he played the role Dessie wanted him to play .. ie similar to how Matt Ballin played for him ... no-nonsense distribution and endless tackling ...

However .. I am certain Croker will learn to play the way Seib's wants him to play .. if that involves more running, kicking or creative passing ... I'll back the frog to make the transition...

IMO The Ballin type of players worked well in the past NRL game era

The fast game has changed and it is dominated by more dynamic and skilful hookers

I can not see a Grant , a Smith , a Cook type player in Croker

Just Like I can not see a Chrighton , a Manu , a staggs player in Parker

To me the only way up is with an upgrade

I think we need a natural dummy half who is more intuitive and creative than Croker. GCKT may be the best option at present. I think Lawton is a better back rower than dummy half. I haven't seen Roache play. Perhaps Ipape could be enticed back to the club?

I see Croker's best role as 14 or as a lightweight lock (with Jake to prop).

I think we need a natural dummy half who is more intuitive and creative than Croker. GCKT may be the best option at present. I think Lawton is a better back rower than dummy half. I haven't seen Roache play. Perhaps Ipape could be enticed back to the club?

I see Croker's best role as 14 or as a lightweight lock (with Jake to prop).
Perspective time

How many top 8 teams would Croker make it in too ?

IMO The Ballin type of players worked well in the past NRL game era

The fast game has changed and it is dominated by more dynamic and skilful hookers

I can not see a Grant , a Smith , a Cook type player in Croker

Just Like I can not see a Chrighton , a Manu , a staggs player in Parker

To me the only way up is with an upgrade
But at what cost Bozo, there's only so much left in the bucket. Wishes are one thing but stark reality is another, sometimes you've got no choice but to work with what you have

But at what cost Bozo, there's only so much left in the bucket. Wishes are one thing but stark reality is another, sometimes you've got no choice but to work with what you have
At what cost ?

At the cost of giving a junior a go and the cost of looking at potential players

No one heard of Grant and Smith before they became who they are at the storm

We always have a choice just like Des did

At Canterburry Des got rid of Cook and Inness for Micahel Lichaa

The only limitations to our choices is within each one of us

The choice is to Persist with the players that can only take you so far

Or Peruse other players that have the potential and ability ot take you further

How many top 8 teams would Croker make it in too ?
The same question could also be asked about other players in our current top seventeen.

Even if they are not star players, hard working individuals do fulfill roles in premiership winning squads.

You will never win a Melbourne cuP race with donkeys

No matter who the Trainor and the coach is

If you do not upgrade to a thoroughbred

Your flogging a 4 legged friend that will take you no where

The same question could also be asked about other players in our current top seventeen.

Even if they are not star players, hard working individuals do fulfill roles in premiership winning squads.
That does not mean we should stop upgrading and rebuilding

And upgrading and rebuilding means replacing inferior players

The hooker position in the modern era is a gun role and we need a gun to fill it

WE REMEMBER

WE REBUILD

AND WE COME BACK STRONGER

A quote by The Black Superman
Barack Obama

Players I think would make it into other top 8 teams:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton

To me at this stage, the others are either youth (Weekes) who need to prove themselves OR NSW Cup quality

At what cost ?

At the cost of giving a junior a go and the cost of looking at potential players

No one heard of Grant and Smith before they became who they are at the storm

We always have a choice just like Des did

At Canterburry Des got rid of Cook and Inness for Micahel Lichaa
Not against bringing up juniors with ability Bozo, I obviously misread your post mate and thought you were talking about bringing in established first graders, my bad and my sincere apologies, just another senior moment from moi, 🙃

Not against bringing up juniors with ability Bozo, I obviously misread your post mate and thought you were talking about bringing in established first graders, my bad and my sincere apologies, just another senior moment from moi, 🙃
No need to apologize my feathered friend

I always like your passionate views and always like hearing from you "

Haver a great day :)

Players I think would make it into other top 8 teams:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton

To me at this stage, the others are either youth (Weekes) who need to prove themselves OR NSW Cup quality
Aloiai, and maybe the starting Australian halfback you’d think? I also think croker is fairly underrated. He’s making the 17 in most teams off the bench easily.

Bozos buckets are pretty big though Ron.

I'm prepared to give Crocker another season before lynching him, he has improved out of sight and If he can continue that trajectory till young Gordon is ready all good.
I just worry with crocks dummy half IQ 🤔 but then the whole teams suffers that at times 😀

Aloiai, and maybe the starting Australian halfback you’d think? I also think croker is fairly underrated. He’s making the 17 in most teams off the bench easily.

Aloiai is too inconsistent, immobile & injured.
Croker isn't making any other roster - look at The Raiders for example - their utility is Starling. Croker can't kick, run, have x-factor. All he does is tackle and try hard.
DCE is the highest paid player to have ever not been able to carry a team on his back. Sorry, don't rate him. At ALL. I also think this is the beginning of the end for his rep chances for Australia. He shouldn't be captain with us, we need someone who leads by example

Last edited:
Aloiai is too inconsistent, immobile & injured.
Croker isn't making any other roster - look at The Raiders for example - their utility is Starling. Croker can't kick, run, have x-factor. All he does is tackle and try hard.
DCE is the highest paid player to have ever not been able to carry a team on his back. Sorry, don't rate him. At ALL. I also think this is the beginning of the end for his rep chances for Australia. He shouldn't be captain with us, we need someone who leads by example
What you say about DCE is likely correct.

But the question was would he make another team. And for about 13 other teams it's a yes.

Yep interested to see what the new brains trust thinks of the 9 position.

Des loved that hard tackling, pass only type hooker.

Where does that leave the frog?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8