R10 MANLY NSW CUP V NEWCASTLE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Today was one of the days I'm really proud to be a Manly supporter. During the game our whole bench got injured. In the end we were down to 12 men. Great effort!

Fairy Bower said:
Today was one of the days I'm really proud to be a Manly supporter. During the game our whole bench got injured. In the end we were down to 12 men. Great effort!

any standouts?

Fairy Bower said:

Totally agree it was a great performance for the lads, only 12 on the field for last 12 mins. If the NRL side play with as much heart tomorrow night we will win. We were only beaten by a drop ball in our in goal with 2 mins left, then an very lucky try to the Knights after a pass was drop backwards that went straight to another palyer on the run who scored.

Standouts both our front rowers were great, Ben Mussolino, Dom Nasso, Lian Higgins and the young half who was our kicker were ther standouts.

I know 2V was spitting chips when that last try was scored with about 50 seconds to go.

Gutsy Sea Eagles go down to visiting Knights
Terry Liberopoulos
Rugby League News
21/05/2013 10:30:00 AM

A brave and battered Sea Eagles side was unfortunate to lose to a last minute try from the Newcastle Knights last Saturday at Brookvale Oval.

Manly were first on the board when teenage debutant Zach Nicholls placed a well-weighted cross field kick into the hands of winger Michael Chapman, who crossed in the corner to take the score to 6-0.

Newcastle leveled the scores in the 10th minute when halfback Adrian Davis showed a good turn of speed to break the line and veer around the fullback to score under the black dot.

Manly set the deficit back out to six points with another converted try when a cut out ball from Nicholls found Jackson Williams on the overlap, who avoided the Knights winger to score Manly’s second.

No more than five minutes later, Sea Eagle’s five-eighth Kayse Greer put on a devastating right foot step to score just right of the posts. Chapman again converted to give Manly a strong 18 – 6 lead.

The last try of the half went to winger Josh Mantellato, who took a spectacular one-handed catch off a cross-field kick to send the players into the sheds at half-time with an 18 -10 score line in favour of Manly.

Five minutes into the second half, Mantellato had his second when his opposite winger Chapman let the ball bounce in the in goal, allowing for a contest in the air which eventually lead to a loose ball which Mantellato dived on to score.

The story of the day however, was Manly’s injury toll. After coming within a whisker of scoring, Steve Tavita went down with what looked like a neck injury, forcing Manly to proceed with not one person on the bench after Vasek, Ikuvalu and Tonga all went off previously.

It became even worse for Manly coach Luke Williamson, who was forced to remove Justin Lemalu from the field late in the game, asking his players to hold on with only twelve men on the field.

The pressure became too much for the injury-ravaged side, when Newcastle number 6 Will Smith charged onto an up-for-grabs ball that had just came out the back of his interchange forward Dylan Smith.

The Sea Eagles were not happy with the call, believing that the ball flew out forwards but the result remained unchanged; Newcastle defeating a gallant Manly in the final minute to seal a Round 10 victory, 22-18.

Manly will be at home once again in Round 11 when they play host to Mounties while the Knights make the trip across the Tasman to face the Vulcans.

Newcastle Knights 22 (J Mantellato 2, A Davis, M Frei tries; J Mantellato 3 goals) def. Manly Warringah Sea Eagles 18 (M Chapman, K Greer, J Williams tries; M Chapman 3 goals) at Brookvale Oval.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=75175&title=gutsy-sea-eagles-go-down-to-visiting-knights

Steve Tevita actually broke his neck and is still in hospital today. Poor kid. Hope he makes a full recovery. Horrible news for a 20 year old

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6