Pre-Game Raiders v Manly [Round 23, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 19
Suncorp Stadium
20 Aug 2021 06:00 PM

Team Lists

Funa has the attributes to be safe and effective at fullback. He can leave the playmaking to dce, foran and schuster.

I’m leaving Garrick at wing to keep the scoreboard ticking over regularly.
While I don't disagree with you I would find it very odd for des to all of a sudden give funa a crack at fb.... had a few chances through the season and has preferred not to play him... my guess is he will play wing with Garrick to fb (which again I'm not a big fan of there)

I was already a little bit nervous about this game in particular before there were even Turbo injury concerns, now Turbo is out, kinda freaking out. I still think Walker at fullback is the best way to go for minimal disruption because the prospect of rather walker/Suli defending on the edge or funa/suli is really bad. They will get targeted and exposed. This is a huge danger game, we do have a dumb loss in us as seen in the Newcastle game and the first raiders game. This is not the time we concede another dumb loss because top 4 is really important. And the reason we had those two previous dumb losses was mainly because of selection errors. I'm nervous for this one but expecting a huge game from Chez Schuster and a motivated Suli. Let's see what happens. GO MANLY!

I think we will see Garrick in the FB and Funa on his wing.
Can’t see any thing else tbh. Garrick is in rare form and his confidence sky high, so would think he’ll have a good game. He was awful v Canberra in the first game at fb and that was after his blinder v the cows. We just need to win this one and then finish with the easy ones.

Just Tom being cheeky
Coeur De Pirate Lol GIF by La Voix TVA

Not sure about that.
A straight replacement of Tyfuna for Turbo is less disruptive to the backline.
I've always rated Tyfuna and believe he is better than some on here think but he hasn't played for such a long time that at some stage of the match he may be switched to the wing for a breather.
I saw Funa a few years ago carving up the Roosters in an under 20s trial and have kept an eye out for him ever since then. I think he's a bit like Suli, all the talent and physical skills, does he have the mental hard edge and game awareness of guys like Parker and Harper?
A bit too friendly!??
But as these guys' NRL opportunities are narrowing I expect them to really step up, realistically they might not be getting too many more chances at Manly?

Funa is definitely the go. Even if he has a shocker, to bring in a real fullback limits the disruption to the team. The other players will have every chance to keep doing what they've been doing with no one having to shift spots. He has enough speed to make us not have to change the way we play as well.

Funa has the attributes to be safe and effective at fullback. He can leave the playmaking to dce, foran and schuster.

I’m leaving Garrick at wing to keep the scoreboard ticking over regularly.
Thanks mate, let me know if your thinking about changing it around during the game so I've got a heads up

Funa lacks speed and skills to play there imo. Don't think hes suited to FB. Will make a decent centre.

Glad we're not moving everyone around though. Leave Garrick on the wing.

Prefer we played Koula.

Whatever the make up this is an important opportunity for the side to show they they are cohesive and solid even when Tommy is out. Provided we hold the footy and the pack steps up again we have the fire power to come out on top. Plenty of strike out there with DCE, Foran, Shoe, Walker and Big O.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8