Pre-Game Raiders v Manly [Round 23, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 19
Suncorp Stadium
20 Aug 2021 06:00 PM

Team Lists

It is about time he has been given a go in the NRL feathered friend .

The Kid is a Natural ... So lets let Nature takes it course into NRL level

I have no doubt he will, based on his achievements and I look forward to his debut.
However, we are fighting for a top 4 spot. Not the time to experiment as we know Funa can hold his own in big games, although a bit unlucky on one occasion which left him on the bench after suspension.

The Raiders coming in dramatically in the bookies eyes , now $3 ( in from $4.50), we are out from $1.15 to $1.39.

We look hopeless, no forward progress and going side to side, mistakes and we should of seen it coming. It's a completely different team without Turbo and DCE looks lost.
A great coach would of prepared the team much better, it's all one out stuff,

Why does that matter? Did you say that before turbo had his debut?
A little bit different in that Turbo had a NYC/Holden Cup side to play in during 2015. Koula has not had that exposure.

Tom had an excellent strike record in the lower league and was part of the Manly Holden Cup losing GF side that year.

Tom played 9 NRL games in 2015, as a replacement for injuries to Brett Stewart and other wingers

So he did have some good form when starting in 2016, as compared to Koula, who has been held back by Covid19 restrictions.

A little bit different in that Turbo had a NYC/Holden Cup side to play in during 2015. Koula has not had that exposure.

Tom had an excellent strike record in the lower league and was part of the Manly Holden Cup losing GF side that year.

Tom played 9 NRL games in 2015, as a replacement for injuries to Brett Stewart and other wingers

So he did have some good form when starting in 2016, as compared to Koula, who has been held back by Covid19 restrictions.
Koula played NSW cup against men for a few months before lock down. Probably harder than playing under 20s

That is pretty unfair. Tuna is a centre or a FB not a winger. He has copped the blunt end of the stick this year... thrown in at 6 and then at wing outside of Sili.
Yes it is fair becuase he's playing on the wing. I'm saying Koula could do no worse on the wing if Garrick is filling in for Turbo. Imagine two speedsters on the wing.

Haha come on. Did Jorge make him look good in juniors too? The kid is a speedster. That's half the battle in first grade these days. Look at Saab.
Gee, my bad. Here I was thinking we are discussing NOW. Why are you now using his "junior" form as evidence after you were saying that he needs to play against "men"? I posted what his form has been this year against men.
Good grief, some people on here can't keep a discussion on track and like to ignore reality to further an agenda they make up in their head. Please ignore button me as I don't have anything to say that you agree with buddy.. Cheers.

Tyfuna made a poor defensive read that gifted the Faders their first try. But apart from that he was quite solid, and showed some good pace. Having watched him in reserve grade quite a few times I do believe he is a better player than he has shown so far in First Grade. I'd retain him in the squad for at least another season. Not every player makes an immediate impression. He may be one that matures a little later. He has the necessary skills to make a good NRL player.

Tyfuna made a poor defensive read that gifted the Faders their first try. But apart from that he was quite solid, and showed some good pace. Having watched him in reserve grade quite a few times I do believe he is a better player than he has shown so far in First Grade. I'd retain him in the squad for at least another season. Not every player makes an immediate impression. He may be one that matures a little later. He has the necessary skills to make a good NRL player.
Think that he is more suited to cenre where he played most of his junior [ 20 "s ] and Black town Town footy. All though did play some full back in the 20 's Just my opinion but pretty average full back in i st grade , not too bad on the wing but why Des had him at 6 against the Knight will remain a complete mystery to me , not even the slightest indication that he was suited there . Good to be retained at a base salary and for depth , looks like he gets on well with his team mates and has a good temprement so that has to be a positive .

I know Tyfuna is religious and I noticed on his wrist strapping he had written the word 'Jesus'.
I wonder when he let in the first Canberra try he looked at it and thought "Jesus what was I thinking?"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8