Post-Game Discussion Raiders v Manly [Round 23, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Raiders
Vs
Sea Eagles
18 Suncorp Stadium
20 Aug 2021 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

They need someone else asking the questions at the press conferences - he had no idea.

I love how Des cuts the conference short every week. It makes me laugh how he gets away with it. Any slight pause and it’s: “thanks very much” while he’s halfway out the door.

Good press conference from Sticky praised his players effort but conceded we are a top 4 side and a real shot at the big one. With great players all over the park.. led by the best halfback in DCE that picked them apart
Yeah he was good. The guy asking the questions was hopeless though.

The main positive from last night was the second half and the power of completing sets and building pressure - the Melbourne style game. I've been waiting for us to be patient like that and wear a team down for weeks. In the first half we tried the Turbo game without Turbo but that's not the way to win without him. Too much of the space is created by his unique skills, acceleration and attention he gets. The team as a whole will benefit massively from that second half. Yes we can win without Turbo and this is the way to do it...

Last edited:
Playing for a new contract

Yet I was having a ... discussion, shall we say, on Twitter last night with someone who claimed that his performance was proof positive that Brad Parker should never play first grade again.

Sorry but I'd rather have Hank Scorpio playing and giving his all game after game than Suli putting in one good performance every couple of years when its contract time while phoning it in the rest of the time.

Yet I was having a ... discussion, shall we say, on Twitter last night with someone who claimed that his performance was proof positive that Brad Parker should never play first grade again.

Sorry but I'd rather have Hank Scorpio playing and giving his all game after game than Suli putting in one good performance every couple of years when its contract time while phoning it in the rest of the time.
On his day he’s a very damaging attacking player , trouble is those days can be rare !!

On his day he’s a very damaging attacking player , trouble is those days can be rare !!

And that's the tragic part. Moses Suli, if he could consistently play at or near the level he did last night, could easily be the most damaging centre in the NRL. But he doesn't. Its been almost 2 years since he last put in a performance like that.

2 bloody years!!!

The rest of the time he's basically phoned it in.

TBH I'd rather he not be lost from Manly, but I'd also rather players who are going to give their all just about every game, not once in every 30 games because he's looking for a contract.

So no charge for the high tackle on Marty (player unknown but put on report way after the event and no penalty) and no charge for Hudson Young coming in late after Harper scored and already tackled :mad: :mad:

Yet poor Funa gets charged...

I cannot for the life of me understand why Schuster was sin binned . In the Telegraph it was described as cynical. Sure it was a penalty but not repeat offences and inside their half. It could have changed the result.
As a professional foul, which it was in an effort to prevent the raiders from having one last attacking opportunity, (which didn’t work out and could of cost us the game) both he and Jake just held on too long, silly really.

The main positive from last night was the second half and the power of completing sets and building pressure - the Melbourne style game. I've been waiting for us to be patient like that and wear a team down for weeks. In the first half we tried the Turbo game without Turbo but that's not the way to win without him. Too much of the space is created by his unique skills, acceleration and attention he gets. The team as a whole will benefit massively from that second half. Yes we can win without Turbo and this is the way to do it...

Excellent post.

But it isn't really contract time. Suli is signed with us for next year, and the Goons are trying to get him for the next three years. Contract based performances usually occur in the last year of a deal where there is minimal interest in a player.

Suli could have kicked stones this year. Instead, his past three performances have been terrific, team first efforts.

He deserves a wrap.

As a professional foul, which it was in an effort to prevent the raiders from having one last attacking opportunity, (which didn’t work out and could of cost us the game) both he and Jake just held on too long, silly really.
That same professional foul occurs at the end of every close game and has done for years.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10