MVP: Rd 3 v Eels

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No real standouts for me today. Many players made costly errors at some point.

3. Brooks
2. Turbo
1. Garrick

3) Turbo - always dangerous, elusive, 140Mtrs and tried hard
2) Jurbo - a machine, tackled his heart out with 48 tackles
1) Brooks - has made such a difference to the left side

Special mention: Brown - unlike Aloiai he didn't take the bait from the eels forwards, and Waddell - scored and had a dig in the limited time he was on.

When the 6 agains and penalties started to go against Manly, Phil Gould made the comment that "Referees don't like it when one team starts to dominate the game"

The penalties were given at the wrong end of the field and at a time in the game that had an adverse effect on Manly's energy levels.
Manly spent a lot of time coming out of their end of the field.
Considering the bias refereeing, Manly did very well to only 'lose' by 4 points.

Did somebody mention the disallowed try, for obstruction.
Once again the voice of reason, Phil Gould, was genuinely outraged and disgusted by the decision.

On a separate point, people don't like others that are either smarter or better looking than they are.
On matters of Rugby League, Phil Gould is correct 99.9% of the time.

I've been watching Rugby League since the 60's, and I've noticed that referees start to favour one team when their opposition is winning the game and dominating.
Whether it is a conscious decision or not is a question for a team of psychologists.

Go Manly!!!!!!!!!

When the 6 agains and penalties started to go against Manly, Phil Gould made the comment that "Referees don't like it when one team starts to dominate the game"

The penalties were given at the wrong end of the field and at a time in the game that had an adverse effect on Manly's energy levels.
Manly spent a lot of time coming out of their end of the field.
Considering the bias refereeing, Manly did very well to only 'lose' by 4 points.

Did somebody mention the disallowed try, for obstruction.
Once again the voice of reason, Phil Gould, was genuinely outraged and disgusted by the decision.

On a separate point, people don't like others that are either smarter or better looking than they are.
On matters of Rugby League, Phil Gould is correct 99.9% of the time.

I've been watching Rugby League since the 60's, and I've noticed that referees start to favour one team when their opposition is winning the game and dominating.
Whether it is a conscious decision or not is a question for a team of psychologists.

Go Manly!!!!!!!!!
Agree… the offside call on Froggy at 14-0 with Parra pinned in their 10m was horrendous… clearly got back and held and was 2m from the ref…

3 - Jake. Comes to the fore when we're under the pump.
2 - Croker. Again. When all we're doing is tackling......
1 - Tom. Best game so far.

Honourable mention - Brooks. He's showing plenty.

3. Tom - I love watching him play live. From where I was sitting you could see his positioning so we'll in attack and defence. We get flogged today without him there

2. Brooks - we just look so sharp on his edge. Also no fear in defence. Other than that kick out on the full, no real criticism

1. Wadell - top solo try. Had a go. Nobody else really stood out. We lost the battle of the middle.
+1 on this.

Like to see Waddell given more minutes next time. Fine effort try from him that almost turned things for us. If that had been 10 minutes earlier........

Sorry if this already happens and I'm just missing the information but can we get a weekly best voted 3 ,2 and 1

Is there a start time that posters can vote?

Is there a cut off time that votes don't count?

If so then can we get a tally for the 3 players that get the most votes, even if it's just adding up all the total votes and the player with the highest number votes comes out as 3 ( MOM) and then 2 and 1 respectively.

Also if it's kept as a round by round we then get a " Silvertails player off the year "

Again apologies if this already happens but I can't find where the info is.

Thanks
Disappointing

3 Jake
2 Tent
1 Sandwich

Vote away!

Sorry if this already happens and I'm just missing the information but can we get a weekly best voted 3 ,2 and 1

Is there a start time that posters can vote?

Is there a cut off time that votes don't count?

If so then can we get a tally for the 3 players that get the most votes, even if it's just adding up all the total votes and the player with the highest number votes comes out as 3 ( MOM) and then 2 and 1 respectively.

Also if it's kept as a round by round we then get a " Silvertails player off the year "

Again apologies if this already happens but I can't find where the info is.

Thanks

I'm not sure if I'm reading you correctly, but this is literally what @mosto has been doing for the past few years.

Mosto does these weekly mvp threads. Tells us who won that week, and who's winning overall.

Then at the end of the season...there's a winner.

I'm not sure if I'm reading you correctly, but this is literally what @mosto has been doing for the past few years.

Mosto does these weekly mvp threads. Tells us who won that week, and who's winning overall.

Then at the end of the season...there's a winner.

Ahhh thought so ..thanks for clarifying

I just didn't know when cut off was and I've never seen a tally

Is it on this thread?

So who won last week (R3) and who's leading?

Ahhh thought so ..thanks for clarifying

I just didn't know when cut off was and I've never seen a tally

Is it on this thread?

So who won last week (R3) and who's leading?

The beauty of Mosto doing it, is that he cuts off the voting week when he gets around to it, then adds everything up soon after and lets us know (and also I don't have to do anything).

Sometimes (I think this happened last year)... work got in the way for a couple of weeks, but he still caught us all up.

Lemme go check last weeks....

You are correct @frank stokes ! Just noticed a bit of an error in the formula on my spreadsheet.

Ola
4​
Brooksy
4​
Paseka
3​
DCE
1​

That's the last weeks overall leaderboard.

So until Mosto updates week three like the wonderful member he is, I just assume my votes are the only correct ones and everyone else is crazy - until he shows me otherwise. lol

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8