Recruitment for Next Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd be happy to start developing a young team next year that can spend the next 5 to 10 years together. I'd like to see

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Dylan Walker
4. Steve Matai
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. Jackson Hastings
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Matt Parcell
10.Willis Meehan
11. Marty Taupau
12. Jamie Buhrer
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Nate myles
15. Liam Knight
16. Lewis Brown
17. Darcy Lussick

1 & 2 and and the 4 on the bench : NO ...

I still don't get why everyone is putting Jorge in their teams. He's off contract and I doubt a high priority.
I'd be chasing Javid Bowen who appears to be off contract at the end of this year. I can't see the Cowboys being able to keep him given their other re-signings. He looks the goods to me.

@Hgbcds - I take it you see most of the lower grade games. I haven't been out to see any this year. How has Liam looked since coming back? Any chance for a first grade run this year based on form?

I'd be chasing Javid Bowen who appears to be off contract at the end of this year. I can't see the Cowboys being able to keep him given their other re-signings. He looks the goods to me.
Is "javid" the new "David"?

Just as Kieran and Liam would have been called Kevin and Ian if born in the 70s, I hope all future Davids are javids...

Just as Kieran and Liam would have been called Kevin and Ian if born in the 70s, I hope all future Davids are javids...
If he comes to Manly and turns out to be a star, I call him whatever he wants....;)

You know what would be interesting? If we left the spelling, but changed the pronunciation. From now on, all those named David should pronounce it, Darvid. Like Javid.

Re-sign: taufua, vave, lawrence, williame and pratt. Probably let go tred, although he has done us well, i don't think we could afford him if our team was the following:

1 Trbojevic
2 Taufua
3 Walker
4 Matai (retire end of 2017)
5 any one of Williame / Ramien/ T.Wright/ M.Wright/ Parker
6 M.Moses (can goal kick, potential, need a proper five eighth to help cherry)
7 Cherry Evans (c)
8 Trbojevic (c)
9 Parcell
10 Myles
11 Buhrer
12 T.Sims (imagine a sims/cherry combination like jt/cooper)
13 Marty

14 Brown
15 Fonua Blake
16 Lawrence (retire end of 2017)
17 Lussick / Koroisau

18 Vave
19 Koroisau (would like him coming off the bench, could play like a kodi nikorima for the broncos and back up moses/cherry evans when injured)
20 Knight
21 Meehan
22 T.Wright
23 Ramien
24 H.Pratt
25 M.Wright
26 Cox
27 B.Parker
28 Bainbridge
If we are Yarting, then here is mine based on who I would like to see recruited and our current squad.

1. T Trbojevic (Tom has work to do; however, Brett's injuries might force him to retire / go O/S)
2. Javid Bowen
3. D Walker
4. S. Matai
5. J Mansour (only if price is right and Jorge is released)
6. DCE
7. N Cleary (won't happen; although, I think he would fit in nicely)
8. N Myles
9. M Parcell
10. S Moa
11. M Tapau
12. J Buhrer
13. J Trbojevic
-------------------------
14. L Brown
15. L Knight
16. A Fonua-Blake
17. S Vave
18. J Starling
19. W Meehan

Last edited:
Mate, in the south of USA mothers fair dinkum just through magnetic letters at a fridge to come up with names.

Others are popularised on TV shows like Khaleesi.

My wife was born in Fiji. Her family wanted Christian names for their kids, but the hospital staff over their in the early 70's weren't much at spelling.

Her parents wanted Maureen and Doreen for their daughters names. The birth certificates read, Moreen and Doyleen. LOL! That's the trouble when english is not the first language of either the hospital staff, or the parents.

If we are Yarting, then here is mine based on who I would like to see recruited and our current squad.

1. T Trbojevic (Tom has work to do; however, Brett's injuries might force him to retire / go O/S)
2. Javid Bowen
3. D Walker
4. S. Matai
5. J Mansour (only if price is right and Jorge is released)
6. DCE
7. N Cleary (won't happen; although, I think he would fit in nicely)
8. N Myles
9. M Parcell
10. S Moa
11. M Tapau
12. J Buhrer
13. J Trbojevic
14. L Brown
15. L Knight
16. A Fonua-Blake
17. S Vave
18. J Starling
19. W Meehan
Who is Javid Bowen?
Surely you don't want Mr Plod again next season?

Who is Javid Bowen?
Surely you don't want Mr Plod again next season?
Well, I can't see them releasing him given he has 2 yrs left on his contract (yes I know that hasn't stopped them with Gutherson, Hiku, Matty B) as well as being a high profile signing for us this year. It just won't happen - he will be in the 17 somewhere.

Javid (Matt Bowen's nephew) is a Cowboys centre/winger who is ready for the top grade and has had a few very impressive performances for them when stepping up to cover injuries. He has good speed, a strong finisher, tall and seems safe under the high ball.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6