Recruitment for Next Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My wife was born in Fiji. Her family wanted Christian names for their kids, but the hospital staff over their in the early 70's weren't much at spelling.

Her parents wanted Maureen and Doreen for their daughters names. The birth certificates read, Moreen and Doyleen. LOL! That's the trouble when english is not the first language of either the hospital staff, or the parents.
What does she think of Javid Hayne's bid to enter the Fiji 7s team?

@Hgbcds - I take it you see most of the lower grade games. I haven't been out to see any this year. How has Liam looked since coming back? Any chance for a first grade run this year based on form?
He hasn't played that much really I've only seen him play v north sydney he was ok . Playing at lock I doubt he will come in for jake . If there's a injury could see him at second row . Like most of the youngsters I don't think they need to be rushed in.

What does she think of Javid Hayne's bid to enter the Fiji 7s team?

She's not overly impressed. lol

On the other hand, she is right when she insists that Manly need to sign both Brandon Manase and Reece Baker from the Capra's. Reece is a livewire fullback, but is getting on a bit (26). Brandon is a centre that will end up in the NRL sooner rather than later and he's only 21. He is good!

If wingers are dodgy under the high ball and a bit risk prone you can only justify their position in the team if they are a real attacking force. Both Jorge and the wolf at their best added so much in attack and I believe were valuable team members. I think loyalty to the wolf was very costly and I hope we do not repeat this in the future. Someone mentioned that Jorge does not set up his supports much and I am amazed anyone playing first grade is not able to work out that at times they need to draw and pass to someone in a better position. I remember Brenton Lawrence making a great break a couple of years back,straight up the middle clean as a whistle , and had no concept at all of drawing the fullback and watching snake score. I remember it being a bit of a laugh at the time but not so funny if a grand final is at stake.

Who is Javid Bowen?
Surely you don't want Mr Plod again next season?
You're a poor judge of rugby league. Nate Myles has done the job he was paid for and been really solid for manly this year. And Javid Bowen is Matt Bowen's nephew. A really good centre who has played a couple of solid games for the Cows this year. Still a work in progress. But might be worth a shot.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Meehan and T.sims.
Imagine a forward pack with the best wrestler (Jake.T), the best weightlifter (Marty) the best boxer (Meehan) and the onfield aggression of Tariq, AFB and Knight.
No need for Myles' Plodding and Lussick's penalties (I wish) :angel:

Gutho and Norman would be cool too,
Thanks Santa xo

:santa:

She's not overly impressed. lol

On the other hand, she is right when she insists that Manly need to sign both Brandon Manase and Reece Baker from the Capra's. Reece is a livewire fullback, but is getting on a bit (26). Brandon is a centre that will end up in the NRL sooner rather than later and he's only 21. He is good!
Hey @mozgrame how's things? I'm annoyed I didn't get to that game on the weekend.

I'm rather interested in your thoughts on a topic, I'd suggest the bloke we really need from your club is Kym Williams.

Even if it is as an assistant or NSWC coach but we need him in our ranks.

I'm hearing all the right things about this bloke.

And the results speak for themselves. The way he has changed changed the culture of that club. And in such a short space of time. It's possibly the best coaching display seen in the QRL ever.

Even Paul Green had better cattle to work with at Wynnum with the donkeys feeder.

Williams also has the runs on the board having won a premiership with good cattle.

But I finding what he is doing on a shoe string budget so much more impressive.

Im going to make the call early, he is the next Paul Green, the no 1 NRL coach in QLD current not in the NRL.

And did I hear correctly some backrowers in your team made 61 tackles in that win?

Last edited:
At this point I'm not that worried about who we buy but PLEASE no more escapees from Dr Arthur's nut house...... Corey Norman an exception. Depending!

Hey @mozgrame how's things? I'm annoyed I didn't get to that game on the weekend.

I'm rather interested in your thoughts on a topic, I'd suggest the bloke we really need from your club is Kym Williams.

Even if it is as an assistant or NSWC coach but we need him in our ranks.

I'm hearing all the right things about this bloke.

And the results speak for themselves. The way he has changed changed the culture of that club. And in such a short space of time. It's possibly the best coaching display seen in the QRL ever.

Even Paul Green had better cattle to work with at Wynnum with the donkeys feeder.

Williams also has the runs on the board having won a premiership with good cattle.

But I finding what he is doing on a shoe string budget so much more impressive.

Im going to make the call early, he is the next Paul Green, the no 1 NRL coach in QLD current not in the NRL.

And did I hear correctly some backrowers in your team made 61 tackles in that win?

G'day @double hoops I'm good, mate. Yeah it was a corker of a game, that's for sure. Samson Graham played lock on the weekend and clocked up 62 tackles! That's the first time he's played 80mins. He slackened off there in the last 20minutes. lol He'd made 50 tackles by the 60 min mark.

The turn around in form is also due to a large number of players coming and going in the off season. Williams does have an aura about him though. He is a very different coach to Hetherington, that's for sure. Butch would always find ways to praise and encourage his players, even after defeats. Wiliams takes no crap and demands total dedication, or don't come on game day. He is a very good coach and it is no surprise that the Mackay Cutters are struggling this year without him.

The Capra's are sitting in 7th spot at the moment, while the Cutters are in last position at 14th. I've said it before and I will say it again....can someone from Manly please connect with the Capra's!! We aren't connected with any NRL club!! The time to swoop is NOW!!!

Here's a good article on Kim by Tony Webeck written just last week.

I apologise for the length, but if you have time, please give it a read. It gives a great insight to the man, the club and the challenges he faces, which makes his success even more incredible.

Cheers @double hoops :)

When Kim Williams set about over-hauling a Central Queensland Capras roster that had won just one game in the previous Intrust Super Cup season, his reach knew no boundaries.

He recruited players from England, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand, Melbourne and Fremantle, delving into his vast array of rugby league contacts to build a team that could be competitive despite not having an attachment to an NRL club.

Like their opponents at Browne Park in Rockhampton this Sunday the PNG Hunters, the Capras must function without NRL support and the weekly injection of talent into their team of players who are engaged in full-time training.

None of Williams' charges are full-time rugby league players and must juggle work commitments with their commitment to the team, something that has hampered the club in recent years as players have been drawn away to mining jobs that often require weekend work.

In Williams' team this weekend, he will have labourers, meatworkers, baristas and even a real estate agent and concedes that getting that aspect of their lives right is one of the club's greatest challenges at present.

“It's a really tough economic climate here at the moment so it is by far and away our biggest challenge,” Williams said.

“Finding them all employment has definitely been the biggest challenge and we've still got a couple of guys who are unemployed so that challenge continues.

“We've got guys coming out of Under 20s systems with NRL clubs with no real qualifications so it's a dose of reality when they go for a labouring job in a town like this and there's another 200 people who have applied for the same job, many of whom have qualifications and some experience.

“My biggest worry is blokes sitting at home worrying about work, family and footy because then you encounter some mental health issues and that's certainly an ongoing challenge.

“When they're away from home and if they're unemployed and then they cop an injury on top of that, that can become a real problem. That's when the problems start to arise.”

With four wins through 10 rounds, the Capras are on course for their best ever season in the Intrust Super Cup and have done so with a completely remodelled roster.

When he accepted the position, Williams reviewed every game from 2015 and examined the existing roster meticulously, retaining only half of those who wore the Capras jersey last season.

He reached out to his wide array of contacts for some new additions, but stressed that there is a long-term plan in place with the establishment of improved pathways into the Capras senior grades.

“It needed some quick changes in some respects to get some confidence, respect and pride back into the club; but we're also looking long-term with some academies and rookie program in place,” said Williams, who took the Cutters to a premiership in 2013.

“I spent seven years in Perth so I've got some strong ties over there and recruited from there nearly every year that I've been coaching in the Intrust Super Cup and had a fair level of success with players I've got from there.

“I know Frank Endacott very well in New Zealand so he's a very good source for me and from having lived in so many different places I've got a very good network.”

Two of Williams' recruits he knew from his time with the junior teams at the Melbourne Storm, but conceded that both Maipele Morseau and Brandon Manase have exceeded his expectations to date.

“Maipele was a standout in schoolboys and came through St Brendan's here in Yeppoon and he got player of the year for me in the Storm Under 18s,” Williams said.

“He went to Newcastle to play Under 20s, but did an ACL and then spent two years playing park footy in Cairns.

“He's playing some fantastic footy and getting back to the level he was as a schoolboy in terms of being a standout.

“The other standout it is Brandon. He was injured last week, but up until that point he'd been outstanding for us and I was a bit disappointed to be honest that he didn't get a run in the Queensland Residents team.

“He is one I can see going further in the game if he continues to work as hard as he has so far this year.

“The community is certainly starving for us to be successful and they want to get behind us and the crowds have been excellent to date. I'm sure plenty will turn out to see us play PNG and the style of footy they play on Sunday.”

In a town that is doing it tough, there has never been a better time for the Capras to use their unique position to become a beacon of hope to the community.

I'd be happy to start developing a young team next year that can spend the next 5 to 10 years together. I'd like to see

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Dylan Walker
4. Steve Matai
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. Jackson Hastings
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Matt Parcell
10.Willis Meehan
11. Marty Taupau
12. Jamie Buhrer
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Nate myles
15. Liam Knight
16. Lewis Brown
17. Darcy Lussick
Dont mind hastings , but his ugliness is just not manly is it . Hang on mark bryant. Sorry mark i love ya mate but hastings would take your mantle.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Meehan and T.sims.
Imagine a forward pack with the best wrestler (Jake.T), the best weightlifter (Marty) the best boxer (Meehan) and the onfield aggression of Tariq, AFB and Knight.
No need for Myles' Plodding and Lussick's penalties (I wish) :angel:

Gutho and Norman would be cool too,
Thanks Santa xo

:santa:
Tariq Sims has not lived up to his early promise, he's just a plodder in a plodding side now, better to look elsewhere or from within

can't imagine him in manly colours or any other clubs colours for that matter .... would like to have him over Myles though

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7