Refs tonight were an absolute disgrace

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Too tough on the boys, Joe.
We had about 20% of possession in the second half.
Under the circumstances our defence was magnificent.
This season I'm starting to question the wisdom of teams getting out to a 'commanding' lead because the refs just try to even up the match in order for the TV commentator to explode: "Buckle up, we're headed for an exciting finish."
It seems the the refs must earn a bonus if they can manufacture a Golden Point match.
Maybe,but what would Des be doing?

I guess all that manufactured possession for the oppostion will bring on fatigue ?
Maybe,but if I was a Sharkies fan I would be a little dirty on a few early calls that went our way...The same against the Broncos and there were no extra penalties going their way that game.It is never going to happen,but we lose some go forward when Waddell and Jake are the front rowers,maybe Jake needs a couple of minutes off to refresh and get a bit more go forward instead of just defending,but we are winning and maybe I am nit-picking....

Last edited:
Maybe,but if I was a Sharkies fan I would be a little dirty on a few early calls that went our way...The same against the Broncos and there were no extra penalties going their way that game.It is never going to happen,but we lose some go forward when Waddell and Jake are the front rowers,maybe Jake needs a couple of minutes off to refresh and get a bit more go forward instead of just defending,but we are winning and maybe I am nit-picking....

I would argue that any squad (other than Roosters and maybe Bunnies) lose impact once the starting front rowers go off for a spell.

I think this is exaggerated with how dominant AFB and Marty have been, especially when playing together. Best front row in the comp imo, so we are comparing the replacements off a higher base.

I was yelling at the TV in the second half cause it was clear the refs were giving the gummies a 1 up.

I read the other day (I think it was annerlsey) saying they are worried about going to 6 interchanges cause games may blow out which isn't the best look and broadcasters won't want it because people will turn off the last 15 mins in a blow out.

Considering that, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some score leveling bullsh!t going on behind the scenes.

I would argue that any squad (other than Roosters and maybe Bunnies) lose impact once the starting front rowers go off for a spell.

I think this is exaggerated with how dominant AFB and Marty have been, especially when playing together. Best front row in the comp imo, so we are comparing the replacements off a higher base.
Yeah,but I still would have liked to see Boyle at the 50 minute mark,I think he was needed,but we hung on.Like I said,I am nit-picking...we won the point of contact from the start of the match,that will not happen every week,but yep,we do have the best 2 props in the comp(Haas might be there by years end)

Yeah,but I still would have liked to see Boyle at the 50 minute mark,I think he was needed,but we hung on.Like I said,I am nit-picking...we won the point of contact from the start of the match,that will not happen every week,but yep,we do have the best 2 props in the comp(Haas might be there by years end)

Agreed, Boyle coming on with 5 to go was a waste of a bench spot.
That is a Des signature move though. Learnt from Bozo in the 90's I imagine.

when Cronulla scored second half 9 commentator said something like here's the grandstand finish. That was after saying the word 'outfit' a few times. This Cronulla 'outfit'.. etc

I would be less concerned about complaining about the refs and more worried why we are fading in the second half the last 2 weeks(not the refs fault).Great defence from the boys but need to find a way to get more from minutes 50-70.
Very true call mate - my best explanation is the boys are digging hard with the troops available and with the addition of Turbo/DCE Could put it to bed and run away comfortably....really feel these boys have little more to give....and with the ridiculous calls and opposition possessions, more a case of protect the lead, which I agree is frustrating....but against the odds are getting it done and collecting 2 points....

I suggest you look at what I quoted, and what had been quoted before that for context :clap:
Hint, I repeated what NIGHTSTER said, nothing more.

One needs to be able to take as good as one gives.

Apology accepted. :D
‘The only fools were people voting for a corrupt dollar Bill’

In fairness I didn’t read Nightsters quote. It was too long, and I am drunk.

‘The only fools were people voting for a corrupt dollar Bill’

In fairness I didn’t read Nightsters quote. It was too long, and I am drunk.

I'll cut and paste for your benefit @:D

By:NIGHTSTER- Today at 7:27 PM
Well worn member
Premium Member2019 Tipping Competitor

I am usually loathe to blame refs. BUT that would have been the greatest rort ever perpetrated in the NRL if Klein had pulled that off. This is becoming the biggest issue in the game. They even tried to heave a woeful Saints back into the game today.

Do they think people are fools.A team is playing good disciplined football to build a good lead and then we are supposed to believe they all become a rabble in the second half of every one sided game.Its ludicrous and so ****ing patronising towards the fans.

One of our greatest wins.

Well people voted for Scumo .... so yes

I'll cut and paste for your benefit @:D

By:NIGHTSTER- Today at 7:27 PM
Well worn member
Premium Member2019 Tipping Competitor

I am usually loathe to blame refs. BUT that would have been the greatest rort ever perpetrated in the NRL if Klein had pulled that off. This is becoming the biggest issue in the game. They even tried to heave a woeful Saints back into the game today.

Do they think people are fools.A team is playing good disciplined football to build a good lead and then we are supposed to believe they all become a rabble in the second half of every one sided game.Its ludicrous and so ****ing patronising towards the fans.

One of our greatest wins.

Well people voted for Scumo .... so
I have not become any less drunk, since my last post....

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10