• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Giving away deliberate penalties worked for them last year, with the new rule changes it won't work this year.

I'll preface this by noting that I have yet to watch the game. I will sit down tonight and watch the replay and see for myself, but after reading this Forum and seeing news reports it seems that once again the referees have decided the game just as I predicted. That it was in our favour is of course a novelty, but nevertheless it confirms what I have been saying for a long while now, rarely do the players decide the outcome.

Rugby League is in big trouble as a result and the leaders of the game seem oblivious to it.

Ralphie said:
That it was in our favour is of course a novelty, but nevertheless it confirms what I have been saying for a long while now, rarely do the players decide the outcome.

Rugby League is in big trouble as a result and the leaders of the game seem oblivious to it.

I totally agree Ralphie. I was happy we got the rub of the green for once but you are right, the men in pink are deciding alot of games and it can't be good for the game. The refs need to let the game flow.

Ralphie said:
after reading this Forum and seeing news reports it seems that once again the referees have decided the game
Not true at all, we were the better team and we earned that win. The difference is that this time we were not robbed, but Chooks certainly weren't robbed either despite what they may say. Watch a replay then make up your own mind.

Should of been a higher penalty count. Chooks were carrying on with the 3rd man in tackle around the knees whilst held up for a long time before finally being pinged for it. Frank Paul is a pro at that tackle.

Robinson was quite clever. He said that he believed the disallowed roosters try was not a try. By saying this he makes people think he is being unbiased with his complaints. Had the penalty count been 10 all and the exact same try was disallowed, I guarantee he would have blown up about the disallowed try.
I ask Trent this. Would he like to see the result of last nights game, if they could replay the exact same game but without any wrong refereeing decisions, and with all penalties given when they should be for both teams? He would probably say 'yes'.
But would he still say 'yes' if it meant we also replayed the 2013 Grand Final under the same conditions?

For what it's worth, I thought the refereeing was disgracefully in our favour last night. But it still doesn't, and never can, make up for the GF.

bones said:
I thought the refereeing was disgracefully in our favour
Specific contentious calls? I wasn't at the ground but we did not seem to be off-side or infringing at marker, which is what most penalties are for.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
bones said:
I thought the refereeing was disgracefully in our favour
Specific contentious calls? I wasn't at the ground but we did not seem to be off-side or infringing at marker, which is what most penalties are for.

There were times the roosters scooted from dummy half and deliberately ran at an offside player, who then made the tackle, but no penalty was given. The high shot on Pearce when he kicked the ball also no penalty, yet we get a penalty for a softer high shot on Foran. The main thing though was the latitude given for laying on the tackled player. There were a few times I was thinking to myself we would be penalised for this, but it didn't happen.
I will never believe a team can go 80 minutes and only concede two penalties. Which by the way, is exactly what the roosters did in the grand final last year as well. No team is that perfect.

At least 5 of the penalties were for high tackles, another one was for tackling below the knees. All of these were replayed and weren't disputed. This shows the rorters lack of discipline. Could have been a couple more for late tackles around the legs before they were pinged. Had to laugh at Robinson claiming we were inside the 10 from scrums. There were at least three times where Manly held the ball in the scrum and not only were they all inside the10 but their whole backrow had also broken from the scrum before the ball came out with no penalty.
Was waiting for Robinson to say that no team can get through a game conceding only two penalties but wait that happened last time we played.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4