RELEASED WTF? - viliame fifita and alec tuitavake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I noticed in his debut for Dragons reserves last week, Fifita played 19 minutes and then a second 3 minute spell !?
Didnt see the Dragons game
I noticed Fifita in our trial games and he was a standout

The old head perspective ...
What concerns me is that old heads also come with old slow legs that become a liability against a faster quality pack like the Panthers that run at you at 100 miles an hour . Woods is past his dominating peak and his speed limit

Woods was released by Cronulla to make way for their up and coming young dominant forwards
The Dragons also released Woods who could not make their struggling NRL team for an upgrade with our young and talented forwards .We could have kept one of them in Fifita but is was not to be .
Nothing wrong with an old head...but someone like big Nelson is the sort of old head we need.

Nothing wrong with an old head...but someone like big Nelson is the sort of old head we need.
The Nelson and Woods Perspective

Nelson is 29 and Woods is 32 and Woods game has been declining over the years
whist Nelson game has not dynamically declined at all .
Nelson is one of the games Premier destructive Props

The Nelson and Woods Perspective

Nelson is 29 and Woods is 32 and Woods game has been declining over the years
whist Nelson game has not dynamically declined at all .
Nelson is one of the games Premier destructive Props
I can imagine Nelson demanding a standard from the other forwards and ripping in, whereas Woods is not really a leader and just fills a spot to do a job.

Random fun fact (which I discovered when looking at DCE's Dally M history.

Woodsie finished second in the Dally Ms in 2015, only behind Thurston.....pretty crazy for a prop.

I mean, this of course has no relevance to the current conversation, but found it an interesting bit of trivia

**edit- apolgies initially said 2014 but intended 2015

Last edited:
Random fun fact (which I discovered when looking at DCE's Dally M history.

Woodsie finished second in the Dally Ms in 2014, only behind Thurston.....pretty crazy for a prop.

I mean, this of course has no relevance to the current conversation, but found it an interesting bit of trivia
Thurston shared the DM in 2014 with the forgotten man (Hayne) first time the DM was shared.

The Tigpies finished 13th in 2014, no sign of Woodsie in the top 10

On a brighter note we finished equal with the Rorters on 36 points, but come second on our F/A, we beat them twice during the year, but we also lost twice to South’s, one in a tight game 14-12 and the twice to the Drizzle in tight ones, 1 point Rd1 and 3 points Rd2, at least we beat the Riff 25-24, they finished 4th.

Souths smashed us week 1 of the finals 40-24 to go on and win the comp over the Dogs.

Week 2 in a Hasler v Tooves elimination, we lost in a heart breaker to the Dogs 17-18 in a golden point game. It was snakes 200th, he scored a try and had the first shot in extra time, sadly it missed, Dogs went down the other end and nailed it.

Heres a link to the highlights of the Dogs game, if You watch, how about Starlings pace for a prop! https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjw_dbj7aL-AhUNRmwGHZ4JCPoQtwJ6BAgzEAI&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjoJQEU0m-w&usg=AOvVaw0EOznX-6beL8ksHxPM46_p

Woods was prop of the year 2015 and finished 3rd.

Let’s hope he winds the clock back on Friday night.

Last edited:
Fifita is the real thing ... I can't imagine he was released without it being somehow forced upon us ...
We forced it upon him by having too many average/poor players valued above him. I’ve no doubt he was frustrated out of the club. Don’t renew keppie and sipley have enough above minimum to upgrade Fifita money wise and leapfrog others that are now not In front of him.

All fail keppie!

We forced it upon him by having too many average/poor players valued above him. I’ve no doubt he was frustrated out of the club. Don’t renew keppie and sipley have enough above minimum to upgrade Fifita money wise and leapfrog others that are now not In front of him.

All fail keppie!

Must be wonderful to have no doubts ... to have a mind so untroubled with the complication of intelligent thought ..

Perhaps our wisdom of having signed him to a contract at reasonable money for the next 2 years had his manager lamenting his loss of commission % if he could get him a bigger contract now.

It is those very same low priced players you seem to resent .. that allow for things like upgrades to the likes of Haumole ...

Thurston shared the DM in 2014 with the forgotten man (Hayne) first time the DM was shared.

The Tigpies finished 13th in 2014, no sign of Woodsie in the top 10

On a brighter note we finished equal with the Rorters on 36 points, but come second on our F/A, we beat them twice during the year, but we also lost twice to South’s, one in a tight game 14-12 and the twice to the Drizzle in tight ones, 1 point Rd1 and 3 points Rd2, at least we beat the Riff 25-24, they finished 4th.

Souths smashed us week 1 of the finals 40-24 to go on and win the comp over the Dogs.

Week 2 in a Hasler v Tooves elimination, we lost in a heart breaker to the Dogs 17-18 in a golden point game. It was snakes 200th, he scored a try and had the first shot in extra time, sadly it missed, Dogs went down the other end and nailed it.

Heres a link to the highlights of the Dogs game, if You watch, how about Starlings pace for a prop! https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjw_dbj7aL-AhUNRmwGHZ4JCPoQtwJ6BAgzEAI&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjoJQEU0m-w&usg=AOvVaw0EOznX-6beL8ksHxPM46_p

Woods was prop of the year 2015 and finished 3rd.

Let’s hope he winds the clock back on Friday night.

Whoops my bad, 2015, mistype.

Tally attached

Point remains though, pretty impressive effort.though he is a long way from that player now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230412_112209_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230412_112209_Chrome.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 11
Whoops my bad, 2015, mistype.

Tally attached

Point remains though, pretty impressive effort.though he is a long way from that player now
Get ready for it Disco - Big Woods gunna have a solid dig this week.
I hope at very least he has a positive effect to get the other boys firing up.
If he can show leadership skills and just play a solid game, I'm happy with that.

Must be wonderful to have no doubts ... to have a mind so untroubled with the complication of intelligent thought ..

Perhaps our wisdom of having signed him to a contract at reasonable money for the next 2 years had his manager lamenting his loss of commission % if he could get him a bigger contract now.

It is those very same low priced players you seem to resent .. that allow for things like upgrades to the likes of Haumole ...
I don’t resent them at all. They have their part to play, I get frustrated when they don’t play that part and seem perpetually bamboozled by the fundamentals of the sport they have dedicated their life too There is scant room In professional sport for sentiment like “he tries hard”

You can blame the manager if you want, I’m sure that has something to do with it, but the structure of our squad and the players we prioritise seems all wrong to me..

You have the art of sanctimonious posting and pharisaic virtue honed right in. That must leave your mind untroubled by any counterpoint. We

Get ready for it Disco - Big Woods gunna have a solid dig this week.
I hope at very least he has a positive effect to get the other boys firing up.
If he can show leadership skills and just play a solid game, I'm happy with that.
Well...hopefully.

I'm going in with low expectations but fingers crossed the big man can add some value

I don’t resent them at all. They have their part to play, I get frustrated when they don’t play that part and seem perpetually bamboozled by the fundamentals of the sport they have dedicated their life too There is scant room In professional sport for sentiment like “he tries hard”

You can blame the manager if you want, I’m sure that has something to do with it, but the structure of our squad and the players we prioritise seems all wrong to me..

You have the art of sanctimonious posting and pharisaic virtue honed right in. That must leave your mind untroubled by any counterpoint. We

Good one ... you sound very reasonable when you're not yelling abuse at our club or players ...

Also great to see you own a dictionary ...

You can blame the manager if you want

No, I don't specifically blame the manager, that is why I used the word perhaps ... I simply used that as an example of other possible alternatives than your assertion that ... " we forced him out" ...

Manly forecasted well and signed Fifita for the next 2 years - great cap management.

Like Woodsie said, this is Tampering by the manager, there is no way this happens in a better run competition, imagine this was tried in the NBA or NFL.

NRL needs to put fans first and stop this amateur hour rubbish by greedy agents.

1 - list players salary
2 - payers can't begin contract negations till the contract is played out and it is the off season
3 - create an official trade window, this "im loaning a player for rest of the season."

Good one ... you sound very reasonable when you're not yelling abuse at our club or players ...

Also great to see you own a dictionary ...

No, I don't specifically blame the manager, that is why I used the word perhaps ... I simply used that as an example of other possible alternatives than your assertion that ... " we forced him out" ...
Thank you, and you sound less sanctimonious when you take the time to read and consider anyone’s posts but your own.

I thought you would like to trade in verbosity. Some people like to measure themselves like that

I also don’t think I’ve “yelled” “abuse” at anyone. I try to offer constructive criticism and use anecdotal evidence and try to be a bit light hearted about it when it gets to much.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6