RELEASED WTF? - viliame fifita and alec tuitavake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So was Cooper Johns

So true. After his trials performances many of us saw Johns as probably the perfect backup 5/8 should Shoe get injured. IIRC there was even talk that he should be the No.14 if Gordon was still on the development list and couldn't be used until what, Round 15 (or is it 11??).

Now.............we're hoping Shoe can somehow keep his legs healthy (Philly???) because while Johns is adequate with ball in hand, defensively he sorta kinda sucks.

I have no inside knowledge but I doubt it was our doing that the boys were traded , there was even a story about Fifita saying “ I never wanted to leave “.

This is all driven by the managers , and their desire for more money ( for themselves ).

They would play off players v players , players v clubs , clubs v clubs to achieve the goal of the highest income.

Loyalty , doing the right thing , being happy ????

Managers don’t give a **** about that.

I have no inside knowledge but I doubt it was our doing that the boys were traded , there was even a story about Fifita saying “ I never wanted to leave “.

This is all driven by the managers , and their desire for more money ( for themselves ).

They would play off players v players , players v clubs , clubs v clubs to achieve the goal of the highest income.

Loyalty , doing the right thing , being happy ????

Managers don’t give a **** about that.

THe clubs wont stand firm against the player managers as this will affect the signing / resigning of players in the future with the manager.

solution - NRL needs to go apocalyptic on the players manager and at the least refuse to register the new contract.

we hear the storys of how a player manager is banned by the NRL but has someone elses name on the door and all the calls are done through the speaker phone where he silently/whispers the puppet in what to say/agree to.

I'm sure if the NRL was serious they could enforce what they know is happening behind the scenes and gather evidence to effectively punish/ deter player managers / clubs from doing this.

Media know whats going on, but they want to control the narrative and only mention what goes on with inuendo as they dont want to get bumped of the gravy train.

THe clubs wont stand firm against the player managers as this will affect the signing / resigning of players in the future with the manager.

solution - NRL needs to go apocalyptic on the players manager and at the least refuse to register the new contract.

we hear the storys of how a player manager is banned by the NRL but has someone elses name on the door and all the calls are done through the speaker phone where he silently/whispers the puppet in what to say/agree to.

I'm sure if the NRL was serious they could enforce what they know is happening behind the scenes and gather evidence to effectively punish/ deter player managers / clubs from doing this.

Media know whats going on, but they want to control the narrative and only mention what goes on with inuendo as they dont want to get bumped of the gravy train.

Problem .. and the other side of the coin is ... that coaches with a 2/3 year contract are more than happy to have a very loose arrangement with contracts .. the ability to move on and recruit players at any time suits their purpose as well.

It also suits clubs juggling cap compliance ... wanting to move trouble players or under performing ones ...

At some point it pleases everyone except the fans

Problem .. and the other side of the coin is ... that coaches with a 2/3 year contract are more than happy to have a very loose arrangement with contracts .. the ability to move on and recruit players at any time suits their purpose as well.

It also suits clubs juggling cap compliance ... wanting to move trouble players or under performing ones ...

At some point it pleases everyone except the fans
good points, club signs a player who is underperforming they have to eat the contract.

club signs player who is out performing the value of contract, player / agent should eat the contract.

club wants to get out of the contract, see if they can work out a trade with another club.

It seems it's messy. The bloke who professes to know everything on Twitter says:

"I don’t like the coaches recruiting when they are recruiting from the same management company they are with"

When was the last time we recruited someone from Penrith, a club that over recent seasons knows how to win?
It seems that we get recruits from clubs that are struggling with success, just like us.

When was the last time we recruited someone from Penrith, a club that over recent seasons knows how to win?
It seems that we get recruits from clubs that are struggling with success, just like us.
You mean like Parramatta does?
Nah thanks.

I notice that Tuitavake & Fifita are both selected for the Dragons v. BWSE tomorrow

I notice that Tuitavake & Fifita are both selected for the Dragons v. BWSE tomorrow

So everyone was getting upset over a couple of guys that play for Blacktown moving to the Dragons to play NSW cup?

Fifita would've been playing first grade for us by now if he stayed

Clearly he didn't think that, otherwise he wouldn't have left.
Did the coaching staff think this either? The coach chose Woods over both these guys.

But Fainu stayed - same mg as Fifita, so he was clearly behind him. Fainu has played one match so far this season.

Your assumption of Fifita playing first grade with us by now is optimistic at best.

Clearly he didn't think that, otherwise he wouldn't have left.
Did the coaching staff think this either? The coach chose Woods over both these guys.

But Fainu stayed - same mg as Fifita, so he was clearly behind him. Fainu has played one match so far this season.

Your assumption of Fifita playing first grade with us by now is optimistic at best.
You must not understand why Fifita and Alec left, they didn't want to leave, they were forced out by their managers to get more money and "assuming" they would get a FG spot quicker. That's why Moses Suli talked about it in the presser comparing his situation about not wanting to leave as well. It was a player manager power move. Fifita definetely would've played by now, he can fill into the front row rotation where Woods has already played 3 games in and he was excellent in the trials getting high praise from Seibold.

Fifita has surprisingly been poor for the dragons over the past 3 weeks, barely cracking 50 m this week. Alec has been the better of the two. If he got a chance in first grade he may provide more impact, but not setting the world alight.

Fifita has surprisingly been poor for the dragons over the past 3 weeks, barely cracking 50 m this week. Alec has been the better of the two. If he got a chance in first grade he may provide more impact, but not setting the world alight.
I've always rated Alec the higher prospect and I'm more upset he left. That said he has always been able to find an injury.

Hard to play well when you are not happy. Wouldn't be the first person who was less happy even though they had more money. Maybe his manager or even his family is happier though, so I suppose that's something.

It is a pretty big deal for these kids to move clubs mid season - would think it takes a while to settle into new surrounds, players and training methods especially when they have been pretty much "raises" on the beaches for the majority of their professional footy life

You must not understand why Fifita and Alec left, they didn't want to leave, they were forced out by their managers to get more money and "assuming" they would get a FG spot quicker. That's why Moses Suli talked about it in the presser comparing his situation about not wanting to leave as well. It was a player manager power move. Fifita definetely would've played by now, he can fill into the front row rotation where Woods has already played 3 games in and he was excellent in the trials getting high praise from Seibold.

It's interesting that the nrl couldn't have a draft due to 'restraint of trade' yet agents, etc can pressure young players so much that they then take the 'kids' from a place they like and throw them elsewhere so the agent gets a few more $$$. they'd sell it to the family that they get more $$$ so there's that pressure as well. (if true)

(ok it's a bit of a long bow to draw here, but they can't all be gold).

Seems like a draft could reduce the agents influence.

It is a pretty big deal for these kids to move clubs mid season - would think it takes a while to settle into new surrounds, players and training methods especially when they have been pretty much "raises" on the beaches for the majority of their professional footy life
Can't believe this happened still. Dumb dumb recruitment.

I think it's you that doesn't understand. Nobody is forced to do anything. They are adults.

Moses was not forced to leave. He signed a new contract with Saints.

All 3 left Manly. If they were all so happy they didn’t have to leave. The 2 young guys had contracts and they broke them.

The so called reasons are unimportant As the managers work for them.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7