Rest in Peace thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Scottish actor Robbie Coltrane, who played a crime-solving psychologist on TV series "Cracker" and the half-giant Hagrid in the "Harry Potter" movies, has died. He was 72.

Coltrane's agent Belinda Wright said he died Friday at a hospital in Scotland. She did not give a cause.

Coltrane came to fame as a hard-bitten detective in the 1990s series "Cracker," for which he won best actor at the British Academy Television Awards three years running.

He played gentle half-giant Hagrid, a mentor to the boy wizard, in all eight Harry Potter films, released between 2001 and 2011.

Other roles include a Russian crime boss in the James Bond thrillers "GoldenEye" and "The World is Not Enough."

Ding-Dong, Leslie Phillips, who younger people will recognise as the voice of a hat from Harry Potter ( but to me will always be a caddish rogue from many an older film) has died aged 98. Apparently a really nice gentleman in the proper sense of the word

R.I.P Chris ‘Davo’ Davidson. North Narra former pro surfer..

Dark twist to Davos past. Very disturbing and apparently convicted. Guessing it would be a big surprise to the Northern Beaches surfing community. Big surprise to me and people I know in the surfing community.

Last edited:
Actress Kirstie Alley dead at 71. Bloody cancer. RIP . Cheers for the memories.

E057FBA4-BBB1-42DE-839E-E845190A9E46.jpeg

Actress Kirstie Alley dead at 71. Bloody cancer. RIP . Cheers for the memories.
Very sad news

The dreaded cancer does not discriminate on how old you are or how healthy or how wealthy you are

We are here one day and gone tomorrow and some tomorrows come sooner for some of us

Every death gives us the opportunity to refocus and get our priorities right in life

Just noticed that no one posted that musician Keith Levene passed away a few weeks ago 11/11/2022. Founding member of The Clash and Public Image Ltd (PIL). Aged 65 from liver cancer.

You're right.

It was posted in the music clip thread, (as we sometimes do) but not in here. cheers

Jimmy Cody passed late last month, 28.11.22, top bloke and a friend, RIP mate.

There’s a link below with a short recognition of his history in the game, acknowledging his contribution and involvement to RL throughout our local area, loved reading that Beetson rated him as the toughest forward he ever played against.

VALE Jim Cody - Rugby League Legend and Community Hero - News Of The Area
Yeah , played in a very tough era , especially in the front row so must have had some all round strong character . Condolances and R I P to the man

Jimmy Cody passed late last month, 28.11.22, top bloke and a friend, RIP mate.

There’s a link below with a short recognition of his history in the game, acknowledging his contribution and involvement to RL throughout our local area, loved reading that Beetson rated him as the toughest forward he ever played against.

VALE Jim Cody - Rugby League Legend and Community Hero - News Of The Area
Geez, he looks scary enough in his latest pic. And to be still in the plastering game at 74 just shows how tough he was. But to read of his empathic, caring nature….they just don’t build them like that anymore. Lovely tribute.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7