Rest in Peace thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just discovered this thread. Didn’t realise that John Saxon and Wilford Brimley had gone. Always thought the latter could have played Teddy Roosevelt.

I believe Saxon took the role in ‘Enter the Dragon‘ that had been offered to Rod Taylor. Might have given Rod’s career a bit of a kick along when he needed it.

I know I'm late with this. But my old man just mentioned it. Also reminded me that we went to Twin Towns at least 15 years ago to see Max Merritt and the meteors.
What a bloody fighter. How can you call a rare and insidious disease Goodpasture syndrome?!@:cry:

Don Talbot, a legendary head coach of Australian swimming who oversaw golden eras of Olympic success, has died at age 87.

Talbot passed away on Tuesday and tributes poured in for his extraordinary career.

Talbot served two terms as Australian swimming's head coach, starting in 1964 and then in 1989. He was a Sydney teacher who began as a swim coach in 1956 and his reputation was first built as the mentor of world-beaters like John and Isla Konrads.

Much-loved Australian entertainer and television performer Jeanne Little has died, aged 82.

Her daughter Katie Little revealed her mother’s death in Sydney on social media on Saturday evening.

“My mother has left the earthly plane. This is a huge shock – but I’m so grateful. Love you all my friends. Cheers Mum, to all the fun times,” Katie Little wrote.

RIP "Daaaaahling!"

Midnight Oil's Bones Hillman - "the bassist with the beautiful voice" - has died.

The band announced on social media that Hillman died at his Milwaukee home in the United States on Sunday after a cancer battle, aged 62.

This probably means more to me than you non nth americans but...

Alex Trebek -- the revered and beloved "Jeopardy!" host since 1984, whose calm but witty presence was must-see television for millions of Americans -- has died ... TMZ has learned.

A "Jeopardy!" spokesperson tells TMZ, "Jeopardy is saddened to share that Alex Trebek passed away peacefully at home early this morning, surrounded by family and friends."

The TV icon had been battling stage 4 pancreatic cancer since announcing the news back in March 2019. He immediately started chemo after the diagnosis, but made no plans to retire and continued hosting his game show ... as impressively as ever.

Alex -- winner of 6 Daytime Emmy Awards for outstanding game show host -- set a Guinness World record in June 2014 for most episodes (6,829) of a game show hosted.

Although my sister tells me they are airing Jeopardy episodes in Australia at the moment, so some of you may know who he is.

Alex was a massive icon in American and his native Canada. I was lucky enough to be at a taping of a few of his shows (seeing as he did 3 per day).

RIP, Alex.

Lots of activity in this thread.

Bones Hillman is a big one - love The Oils so I'm sad to see he has died. They could get Peter Gifford back maybe ?? I think he has sold his bikini company so he might be looking for something to do.

Much-loved Australian entertainer and television performer Jeanne Little has died, aged 82.

Her daughter Katie Little revealed her mother’s death in Sydney on social media on Saturday evening.

“My mother has left the earthly plane. This is a huge shock – but I’m so grateful. Love you all my friends. Cheers Mum, to all the fun times,” Katie Little wrote.

RIP "Daaaaahling!"
Dishwashing liquid?....your soaking in it!
Put Palmolive on the map.
Always a ball of energy when she was on TV.

"If I could apologise and go back and change history I would do. But the goal is still a goal, Argentina became world champions and I was the best player in the world." Diego Maradona

Mad Max actor Hugh Keays-Byrne, who appeared in the first ever movie and recent reboot Mad Max: Fury Road, has died.

The 73-year-old’s death was announced by filmmaker Ted Geoghegan on Twitter. A cause of death has yet to be confirmed.

Keays-Byrne appeared in the original 1979 movie as Toecutter, the leader of a motorcycle gang who terrorised a small town in dystopian Australia. He also played Immortan Joe, the breathing apparatus-wearing tyrannical ruler of the Australian wasteland who led the War Boys in 2015’s Fury Road.

EoQF3OLXUAEI66p

This is for my good friend Trent. I’m not sure if this is the appropriate thread to put it in.
He was my mate for over 30 years. And the song below is very much how it went. We had both purchased our first homes. Then I found out he played acoustic guitar. And I’d grill the poor bloke Friday afternoons with, "I’ll supply the booze, you supply the tunes!"
And could he play! But my favourite was always Paul Kellys "to her door". Sadly life followed art in the next 20 years. He took his own life yesterday. He is not the first mate that has in my life. All I can come up with atm, is communication, communication, communication. RIP Trent.....this is for you my brother......:h::h::h::h::h:

Last edited:
This is for my good friend Trent. I’m not sure if this is the appropriate thread to put it in.
He was my mate for over 30 years. And the song below is very much how it went. We had both purchased our first homes. Then I found out he played acoustic guitar. And I’d grill the poor bloke Friday afternoons with, "I’ll supply the booze, you supply the tunes!"
And could he play! But my favourite was always Paul Kellys "to her door". Sadly life followed art in the next 20 years. He took his own life yesterday. He is not the first mate that has. All I can come up with atm, is communication, communication, communication. RIP Trent.....this is for you my brother......:h::h::h::h::h:

Sometimes one emoji isn't enough and a post deserves more. I'm sorry for your loss and it sounds like you had some good times, which is nice.
Communication is important but sometimes we just don't see it coming even though the urge to ask ourselves what more we could have done is strong.

Of course this is an appropriate thread, you (and everyone) could have made a separate thread if you wanted to.

Take care.

Sorry to hear of your loss Wombat, never easy to lose a good friend.
Thankyou to all who responded. I know it’s not easy to come up with the words. There really is nothing that will heal the pain except time.
Sorry to hear of your loss Wombat, never easy to lose a good friend.
Thankyou for acknowledging Trents loss.
Here are some telling numbers pertaining to suicide. The LBGTI one is a big kick up the arse for me.And the fact on average 135 people are impacted by just one suicide.

Suicide Statistics​

• Eight Australians die every day by suicide. That’s more than double the road toll.
  • 75% of those who take their own life are male.
  • Over 65,000 Australians make a suicide attempt each year.
  • In 2018, 3,046 Australians took their own life.
  • Suicide is the leading cause of death for Australians between the ages of 15 and 44.
  • The suicide rate in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples is twice that of their non-Indigenous counterparts.
  • People in rural populations are 2 times more likely to die by suicide.
  • LGBTI+ community members experience significantly higher rates of suicide than the rest of the population.
  • For each life lost to suicide, the impacts are felt by up to 135 people, including family members, work colleagues, friends, first responders at the time of death.
  • Males aged 85 and older experience the highest age-specific rate of suicide.
  • Same-gender attracted Australians are estimated to experience up to 14 times higher rates of attempted suicide than their heterosexual peers.
  • 1 in 4 Australians are lonely and have no-one to speak to. Lifeline is here to listen.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2