Ritchie Fa'aoso Signs with Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Richie is a prop, harro is a 2nd rower.

And in relation to covering the Hit Man; Chee Kam can slot into centre. Or Tafua goes there and Farrar sits on the wing. Easy.

Good signing for depth, not something to get overly excited about. He would have come quite cheap and will more than likely have a bench spot for most of 2013. Will probably be used in the same way as Joe G

JoshTheNewcastleFan said:
Great signing. He was a journeyman player but came to the Knights & really became a fan favourite with his hard charges & big effort each week. I suspect Wayne didn't like him because of his hands, he can drop a ball. He's a great guy & i'm sure he'll become a fan favourite with you guys aswell. All Knights fans miss Faas heaps!

Welcome to the site Josh. Glad to have some sensible thoughts from another teams fans prespective rather than the bulldog garbage we have been subject to.

I reckon he's a great buy he has good leg speed and has a handy offload and has mongrel. He would be a handy player to come off the bench.
Welcome aboard Ritchie.

jbb/james said:
like it, a real goer, A bit lightweight as a prop, but with much talk about reducing Interchange in the future it may be a great buy. Tough and mobile,

Good point. Asotasi (if the rumour has legs) would also fit that lighter prop type. 30 years & 101kgs.

An interesting side note to this news is that I discovered that the Storm and the Sharks have a joint venture team in NSW Cup. Richie is playing for the Sharks this weekend. Strange!

Interesting signing, our first 1st grader to be signed under 2V. I vaguely remember Richie from my Parra days, was talked up a lot then and played a game but Denis Fitzgerald didn't seem to like him and showed him the door. Still I personally don't trust mercenery players, hope we got him for a low low price.

I didn't realise he was from anywhere but newcastle. Crazy.

But having lost Lussick, Tasi, JWH et al, we need to get some mongrel back in the pack.
Choc's a niggler, Kingy is big and tough but we need a genuine arsehole. Hopefully Richie can fill this role that those other three were supposed to.

eelcatcher said:
. . . Still I personally don't trust mercenery players, hope we got him for a low low price.

We did get him for a low price. I'm sure he will do well in 'our system' and in our excellent culture. His experience will be useful too. Losing T Rex plus a couple of back-ups leaves us with a host of talented young'uns who lack NRL experience. Good signing given our cap constraints.

I think a lot of players want to come to manly to play! They seem to get a certain freedom at manly.. Tongans like freedom, they will never fit into a Wayne Bennett or Brian Smith style programme!

WAMF said:
Certainly a journeyman.
He's played at -
Penrith Panthers
Sydney Roosters
Castleford Tigers
Parramatta Eels,
Newcastle Knights
Melbourne Storm
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (7th club in 8 yrs)

I'm sure he wasn't signed on big money but I'm sure he'll be fired up ready to impress at Manly.

This does concern me... I think we have just brought a dud.

Phoenix said:
WAMF said:
Certainly a journeyman.
He's played at -
Penrith Panthers
Sydney Roosters
Castleford Tigers
Parramatta Eels,
Newcastle Knights
Melbourne Storm

I'm sure he wasn't signed on big money but I'm sure he'll be fired up ready to impress at Manly.

This does concern me... I think we have just brought a dud.

I have the same opinion.

If he turns out like Joe then I will be happy, and that is roughly what I am expecting and that is a very good thing. I have to say I have my doubts. Too many clubs but we have a good record with discards. I'm tipping a few suspensions unless he knuckles down and gets serious about playing for us.

Joey G at least had some great seasons in him. 2003 at Penrith, 2009 at Parramatta. I'm not going to write off the signing, but I'm not getting excited by it at any stretch.

WAMF said:
Certainly a journeyman.
He's played at -
Penrith Panthers
Sydney Roosters
Castleford Tigers
Parramatta Eels,
Newcastle Knights
Melbourne Storm

True about him as a journeyman since his 2004 mid-season signing by the Panthers but he has been pretty stable realistically at one club since 2008 until his mid-season release and signing by the Storm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Fa'aoso

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8