Robson or Orford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=181771.msg242810#msg242810 date=1253506553]
100k for one game doesnt seem like good value dan :)

pay me $4000 per game then
[/quote]

$4000 for one tackle isnt real good value :)

Still better than Orford I'll grant you.

Exactly right. Granted I wont last more than 1 tackle but its cheaper than $350k+ per season for the same

DSM5 link said:
If only Orford would only catch and pass.

We would have been better off if he did that this year, but for the coin he's on you want and need more than that from your half. He no longer has it, in my opinion he never had it and I was not happy with the decision to sign him in the first place. Time for him to pack his bags and head to the UK. 

Given that he is off contract, I don't see any other clubs trying to pick him up so why should we bother with him.

DSM, if Silvertails posters determined the side, there wouldn't be a lot left hahaha

Matai, Lyon, Orford, Kite, Perry, Watmough, G. Stewart, King, Wolfman, Hall and Rose would have all had very short careers with Manly !!!

Lyon? He wouldn't be out of the side, he would be the first picked and I would keep Gifty too.

If King can stay fit and play like he did this year, he is welcome back and Choc can hang around as long as he gets the stupid penalties and dropped balls out of his game.

Perry, Kite, Orford, Matia and wolfman all need a rocket

I am talking over their time with us Dan

Lyon was called a fat, over rated waste of money by all opposition fans and most surprisingly, a big contingent of Manly fans for his entire 1st season and at least half of his 2nd season at the club

Robson was almost the best player on the field tonight. Time to give one of our young blokes a go ie Hodkinson with Foran 5/8th.

Kiwi, barring Orford, all the rest of the players that you mention have been roasted on this site from time to time for their lack of form, fitness or whatever.  Orford stands alone as being overpaid, out of form consistently, and just plain awful.  He's meant to win us games with his guile, cunning plays, intelligence, captaincy and all the rest that one expects in a highly paid playmeaker.  He wins us one game in ten in my estimation.  Not enough to keep.  All the rest you mention don't have that role and arn't paid as much.  And I don't consider Lyon amongst the others.  He's worth his money.   

The discussion was to do with Orford Kiwi, but since you asked.  I think Lyon was best suited to centre and I thought was bought and paid big money to be just that.  I just don't think you weaken one position to strengthen another.  Anyway he took some time to settle into 5/8th and that was a problem.  Was that because Orford's form was on the slide then, and Jamie had difficulty being the primary thinker, or was it he just didn't know how to be a 5/8th?  The problem that Lyon had imo, was the constant switching of roles, and the pressure of compensating for Orford.  Was he worth the money early?  As a centre yes, as a 5/8th no. In the second half of 2008 was he worth the money?  As a 5/8th, yes, as a centre, yes.. The bigger question however is the monetary value of Orford and whether his time has expired at our club..     

DSM5 link said:
Kiwi, barring Orford, all the rest of the players that you mention have been roasted on this site from time to time for their lack of form, fitness or whatever.   Orford stands alone as being overpaid, out of form consistently, and just plain awful.  He's meant to win us games with his guile, cunning plays, intelligence, captaincy and all the rest that one expects in a highly paid playmeaker.  He wins us one game in ten in my estimation.  Not enough to keep.  All the rest you mention don't have that role and arn't paid as much.  And I don't consider Lyon amongst the others.  He's worth his money.   

You do realise it is a team game and he can not do it all himself?  Is Thurston a sh!t player because of how the Cowboys have performed in recent seasons?  He did not seem to win them many games.

Either way I think Orford is overpaid but he is the not the cause of all our problems and the reason we lose every game like you seem to think. 

If Robson wins his next game he is only a dally m medal short of achieving everything orford has

who would have thunk it

Thurston is not a **** player because he can't get his donkeys to perform, although I'd say he won them many games when, if he wasn't there, they'd be looking at the spoon..  We, on the other hand, have had a better team around Orford obviously for a number of seasons..Look Garts, keep the guy for the next three seasons for all I care.  It's just that I don't see him helping us get back to the top and will be a stopper on any younger guy wanting to have a go at no. 7.

Slight difference in teams lads

Parra = Halfback get the ball and pass it to Hayne, Mortimer or Mateo. He does not kick alot and rarely runs
Manly = Halfback runs the game (that is why when Orford plays well we win) does most of the kicks etc

Robson cannot run a team...and for what it’s worth Orford for another year to bring on some of the kids coming through......

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8