Roosters Early Favorites.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It will be SBW week on Nein, so the Manly Boys can go about preparing themselves without too much media interference.:cool:

Real glad that its Easts, even though I lost the $5 on Manly/Newcastle GF :p

That 4-0 loss was all due to Manly errors - so the offloads to Opposition Players needs to stop :idea: and Manly can bring home #9 :angel:

It's going to be interesting to see who the Refs will be.
I thought that the ones we had were a better pairing than last night.
That forward pass miss, must count against them, along with Smith being put on report for a face massage :huh:

I get the feeling the Manly team does not care what the odds are. They believe they can win and they intend to do just that. Sounds good to me.

HappilyManly said:
It will be SBW week on Nein, so the Manly Boys can go about preparing themselves without too much media interference.:cool:

Real glad that its Easts, even though I lost the $5 on Manly/Newcastle GF :p

That 4-0 loss was all due to Manly errors - so the offloads to Opposition Players needs to stop :idea: and Manly can bring home #9 :angel:

It's going to be interesting to see who the Refs will be.
I thought that the ones we had were a better pairing than last night.
That forward pass miss, must count against them, along with Smith being put on report for a face massage :huh:

That missed forward pass was a shocker fair dinkum , yes , the nein SBW jizzfest - Phil Gould love affair is on in full swing ; although have noticed a bit of nein DCE flirting as well of late

As has already been touched on, we should be confident because..

*Playing them two weeks ago we didnt have Snake.
*We now have Snake (and he is better than EVER!!)
*We also made numerous breaks and scoring opportunities that werent finished properly.
*Their try they got was very soft.
*We got Snake and Jamie Lyon in our team.
*Our boys are on a big roll at present - even a 14 point deficit is no biggie
*Kenny-Dowall is in their team

yeah,Nine will be shattered now the Bunnies,the burgess boys and mum and Inglis are gone,no wait,MBW is still there,silly me,but I reckon Maria Hargreaves will be a liability on sunday,especially against us,he will be pumped,and both him and MBW always sail close to the wind with their tackling styles,both should be worth a few penalties for us

Brissie Kid said:
What worries me is the Roosters are now in their 6th grand final since 2000 & have only won 1. Hate stats like that. They are due.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NRL_Grand_Final
Roosters 2010 grand final team.
1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Joseph Leilua
3. Kane Linnett
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Sam Perrett
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jason Ryles
9. Jake Friend
20. Lopini Paea
11. Nate Myles
12. Mitchell Aubusson
13. Braith Anasta (c)
10. Frank-Paul Nu'uausala
14. Martin Kennedy
15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
16. Daniel Conn

Manly 2011 GF team http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NRL_Grand_Final
Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Jamie Lyon (c), Steve Matai, Will Hopoate, Keiran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Joe Galuvao, Matt Ballin, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Tony Williams, Glenn Stewart, Shane Rodney, Jamie Buhrer, Vic Mauro, George Rose

Yes but it's been 42 years since Souths have won - they are well overdue and look what happened

Losing GFs is a trend that can be hard to break. It was for Manly until 1972 & hopefully the same for the Chooks. They've lost their last 3, let's hope they lose their next 3 :)

It should be restated that Drugcastle fell apart once Buderus was gone. How come JWH wasn't booked for his leading with the arm? They were still in the game at half time. We are much better than Drugcastle. We have a team full of better players, and last time we played the Chooks, Choc had a shocker, Glenn played poorly and no Snake. When the stars align next Sunday we will win and win well.

DSM5 said:
... How come JWH wasn't booked for his leading with the arm? They were still in the game at half time...
An interesting one. Everyone seemed happy it was just an accident, and Buderus certainly put his head in the path of trouble.
But there was a distinct forward movement of JWH's elbow as he came towards Buderus's head. As an impartial observer I thought it could have gone either way. But would have been harsh to penalise, his arm was low, not raised like with the one he was suspended for.
Maybe our forwards need helmets to guard against similar accidents from JWH?

DSM5 said:
. How come JWH wasn't booked for his leading with the arm?

Watched the game with a roosters mate - he acknowledged that JWH threw the arm out a bit. You will note he only stopped doing so when game was wrapped up, I think we may need a player to lay down to draw attention to it (if Tooves doesn't in the Pre match briefing)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
DSM5 said:
... How come JWH wasn't booked for his leading with the arm? They were still in the game at half time...
An interesting one. Everyone seemed happy it was just an accident, and Buderus certainly put his head in the path of trouble.
But there was a distinct forward movement of JWH's elbow as he came towards Buderus's head. As an impartial observer I thought it could have gone either way. But would have been harsh to penalise, his arm was low, not raised like with the one he was suspended for.
Maybe our forwards need helmets to guard against similar accidents from JWH?
I think he meant harm. He certainly finished off the initial contact with an extra effort. Obviously the match review cttee listen to Gould.

voicefromthehill said:
.. I think we may need a player to lay down to draw attention to it (if Tooves doesn't in the Pre match briefing)
I'd be most surprised if Tooves lays down during the pre-match briefing.

mickqld said:
This is going to be an epic battle. We are very much up against it next week. To win this will be the ultimate and greatest triumph in our history.
It may well be, taking into account no King, Gulavao, or Fa'aoso.
That's an awful lot of front row power and experience missing, and front row power and experience is a valuable commodity in the biggest games.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
mickqld said:
This is going to be an epic battle. We are very much up against it next week. To win this will be the ultimate and greatest triumph in our history.
It may well be, taking into account no King, Gulavao, or Fa'aoso.
That's an awful lot of front row power and experience missing, and front row power and experience is a valuable commodity in the biggest games.

Yes - the Souths team proved that.
We are the old bull in the paddock, the Roosters are the rightful young bulls - they will be taught a lesson before they claim the mantle of #1 bull

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8