Pre-Game Roosters v Manly [Round 2, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 12
SCG
18 Mar 2022 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of these forwards need to be on their very last chance to mix it with the top sides. What you have always done... is what you will always do. Collectively this group is yet to stand up in a big game... this week must be the very last chance before a couple of the cookie cutters get the axe if they don't actually play with aggression, steel and workrate. The three key components we are missing badly from most of them! I certainly am not filled with any great excitement for Friday night.

Like everyone here I was very disappointed with last week. But a week is a long time in rugby league and I choose to be optimistic. Although Roosters will, like us be eager for a bounce back I really struggled to see who was leading their team against the Knights, it is easy to forget that Keary has only played a handful of games at 7 and I think it will take him some time to lead this team around. I think the game plan the Knights played is perfect for us. Swing the ball side to side isolating their halves one on one with our big back-rowers and play off the back of their quick play the balls (would be nice to have an attacking dummy-half). The first 20 minutes is crucial, if it is even or we are ahead I back us in from there. Can't afford to be slow out of the blocks again.

Didn’t expect any changes , Des will stick for a while
Its up to the players to prove Des right
Wouldn’t mind seeing Davey in for Lawton though Walker can cover
where Lawton would
A win for Manly for me

When the media articles, commentators, fans, coaches, players talk about us not.beating a.top 4 team, you know that's what they all mean. It's the final top 4.

It's like saying after round one, "these are the top 4 teams, use them".

You're just being antagonistic. You knew what Mark meant. Your holier than thou persona is noted. We all get it.

Jesus , even @BOZO who's been pushed away from people like you can criticize a player or two if he feels it's warranted.
Sorry Ryan. My light hearted attempt at humor obviously didn’t go down that well.

And what’s with the language mate “your holier than thou persona is noted, WE all get it” and Bozo has been pushed away from “people like YOU”. Fairdinkum I feel like people might be out to get me!

@Mark from Brisbane sorry if I offended you by my post mate.

I thought a bit of comic relief was needed around here after god forbid we lose one game.

It'd be nice to have Josh Aloiai back.

It seems like he's the only one serving a playing suspension from last year.

Others get a one game deduction from the all-stars
Now the nrl are 'wiping all carry overs' for 2022 on top of the penalties and no six agains as Manly were scoring too many long range tries.

As yesterday (here) was pie day - 14th of march (3.14)
today is morning whine day

thankyouverymuch

Dylan the obvious choice on the bench so the only true change. The rest just Des being Des. Didn’t see the Radley KO but Lawtons wasn’t good. I’d like to three forwards on the bench. The containment of Tom ultimately comes from us being beaten or at least not matching the opposing pack. Easts have a strong team on paper so it will be tough. Still think we are good enough to put them away. Need to hold the ball and build pressure like Penrith did to us.

Still think we are good enough to put them away.
How? Chooks are one of the top 4 that we are simply unable to compete with. 25 people have clearly explained that point this week, initially I scoffed but it's finally sunk in.

Our forward pack is a soft weak powder puff. No hooker. Crap centres. Rag doll winger. Need I go on?

We'll probably be down 12 nil after 10 minutes.

Now I'm wondering which genius actually recruited these weak soft forwards in the first place? And who hired coaches who have no answer? OMG let’s face it the whole organisation is a shambles from top to bottom.

Reality Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight

Sorry Ryan. My light hearted attempt at humor obviously didn’t go down that well.

And what’s with the language mate “your holier than thou persona is noted, WE all get it” and Bozo has been pushed away from “people like YOU”. Fairdinkum I feel like people might be out to get me!

@Mark from Brisbane sorry if I offended you by my post mate.

I thought a bit of comic relief was needed around here after god forbid we lose one game.

Mate, you're the fella telling people to go support other teams! Come on now ! :rofl:
Guess you forgot that?

Kieran is a straight-shooter. He tells it like it is. No false bravado, and acknowledges that the 'Riff were far too good and that this week's match will be just as challenging.
He’d make an excellent coach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10