Post-Game Discussion Roosters v Manly [Round 2, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Roosters
Vs
Sea Eagles
26 SCG
18 Mar 2022 20:05
80th minute

Match Stats

Our local politicians are hopeless.

Over at easts Dave Sharma at age about 50 happily dons a jersey and plays competently in first grade.

1647644924348.png
1647645046075.png

Host of problems with the overall team performance at present but on any metric when the two highest paid players in D C E and turbo are only rating 5 out of 10 at best , has to be improved A S A P . Attack just looks so disjointed and clunky in the main and defence similar , still showing patches of being competitive but too many players just down on form and side still giving up just too much cheap possession . Walker is certainly making a difference , hopefully Schuster can offer something more but naturally is still some time off returning , and need the side to get out of 2 nd gear before that . Alioia maybe some improvement , nothing to lose bringing in koula for Harper . Surely the squad and side can do so much better then these i st two underwhelming performances

Well, I just finished watching the game.

What a steaming pile of *** wrapped in a poop sandwich.

Glad I could fast forward.

Why get rid rid of trent if the team are going to channel the trent spirit

We’ve got plenty of good players and a good coach but football is about attitude. It’s like mentally, they haven’t been switched on the first 2 games?
Last season it took 4 straight, poor performances until they lucked out against a AFB less Warriors team. Then Tom came back and everything clicked.
I don’t know what’s wrong with them at the moment? Hopefully, whatever it is, they snap out if it soon.
Well said! 100% spot on.

Three positives from last night's game:

1. No injuries.
2. We won the second half.
3. We doubled the amount of tries (2) that we scored the week before (1).

yellow-smiley-confused-emoticon.jpg.gif

And after letting the media know he's been working on running all off-season, Croker decided that after doing f-all runs in game one, to actually have a couple in game 2...and made some good ground.

how in the world he gets so far into the 'hooker life' before deciding to go for a jog is beyond me.

coaches orders excepted.

Anyway, good on 'im.

#stillangry

Wouldn’t matter if Turbo and DCE were having the games of their lives - if our forwards continue to get pummelled by the opposition, they’ll be ineffective.

Our forward pack and hooker are the problem. We need to win the ruck for our backline to prosper.

Des needs to mix up the pack/hooker.
Do you really think that D C E has played well or anywhere near his best these i st two matches . Kicking on the 3 rd tackle before any real pressure could be applied and with a monopoly of possession for quite some time on the roosters line 2 nd half . some other poor options . Granted the Manly pack outplayed in both games but regardless ,both D C E and Turbo have gone missing at vital stages [ maybe some slack for Turbo last night with a niggle but also pretty limited involvement and sense of urgency ] anyway both are top class players when in form and of course hope that they can turn it around real quick if Manly want to be taken as serious contenders this season .

we knew these first two games were going to be tough. These are the two comp favorites. And we know we are perennially slow starters.
That's exactly the problem, both teams we played knew they had strong sides, and they knew we are perennially crap at the start of the season, (and we were) but hey, we all have known that for the last 10 years. Ten years without change. TEN TEN TEN YEARS

Three positives from last night's game:

1. No injuries.
2. We won the second half.
3. We doubled the amount of tries (2) that we scored the week before (1).
Love the optimism Jethro but in case you haven't noticed we are stone motherless last. The other 4 teams who have not won a game have not leaked as many points COMBINED as we have.
Four teams above us combined -34 points Manly -36

Next week, Walker to start and Tapau to come off the bench.

Manly's line speed both in attack and defence is so ordinary at the moment.

Fire up boys!

Morgans gotta be dropped. On first tackle hitups, he runs 5m diagonally then gets pushed back 3m, no wonder teams are kicking to Saab. Koula or Walker can take his place.
Schuster for Foran at 5-8 for more potency in attack.
Our bombs inside the opposition half are non-attacking. We are kicking them deep to pin their fullback inside his 10. How about bombing some for Saab to catch?
Tapau’s finished. Has he had an offload this season so far? That was what he was always known for.
Bullemor has been ho-hum but I guess will go back to the bench when Schuster comes back.

Love the optimism Jethro but in case you haven't noticed we are stone motherless last. The other 4 teams who have not won a game have not leaked as many points COMBINED as we have.
Four teams above us combined -34 points Manly -36
Hold your sheet together man.
Yes we are Stone motherless last.....after 2 freaking matches. I don't think we will be in that position for long. We have a long road ahead just like you don't win a premiership in April you can't win the spoon in March.

Defensive structures wins games. We lost that one ... badly. A better second half but really we were poor in defence. Especially the roosters second rowers strolling through the middle to score, far out.

I would also love to know why we keep giving away easy penalties and 6 against.such a kick in the guts. I went to yell at the ref but each time was completely justified. Twice in the first few minutes we gave away a penalty down near the roosters line after a turnover, letting them start their 6 on the halfway line. Really need to tighten this up

Do you really think that D C E has played well or anywhere near his best these i st two matches . Kicking on the 3 rd tackle before any real pressure could be applied and with a monopoly of possession for quite some time on the roosters line 2 nd half . some other poor options . Granted the Manly pack outplayed in both games but regardless ,both D C E and Turbo have gone missing at vital stages [ maybe some slack for Turbo last night with a niggle but also pretty limited involvement and sense of urgency ] anyway both are top class players when in form and of course hope that they can turn it around real quick if Manly want to be taken as serious contenders this season .
DCE went through this (loss of form) last season in our first 4 games. I remember Ennis saying we should offload him for the sake of the club, well, we made 4th, and Ennis was forced to eat his words. But lets face it MA, we are perennial slow starters, and have been so for a while now.

I 100% get what you are saying, but boy does it say a lot about our highest paid “forward leader” if we have to start a centre in his position for the start of a game.

Gee whiz.
If things don't go to plan next Sunday evening, Des needs to make some harsh calls that might not sit well with some on here. But we all know this ain't happening, right !!

I 100% get what you are saying, but boy does it say a lot about our highest paid “forward leader” if we have to start a centre in his position for the start of a game.

Gee whiz.
Probably should have been clearer, but I didn't mean Walker for Tapau, I just meant that I wanted someone with genuine line speed on early to set the tempo, and I thought Tapau off the bench was a good way to use him.

Not sure which big bopper starts in place of Marty....

Defensive structures wins games. We lost that one ... badly. A better second half but really we were poor in defence. Especially the roosters second rowers strolling through the middle to score, far out.

I would also love to know why we keep giving away easy penalties and 6 against.such a kick in the guts. I went to yell at the ref but each time was completely justified. Twice in the first few minutes we gave away a penalty down near the roosters line after a turnover, letting them start their 6 on the halfway line. Really need to tighten this up
We made the one-dimensional Nat butcher look like the beaver, couple of tries.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8