Pre-Game Roosters v Manly [Round 23, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 16
Sydney Cricket Ground
03 Aug 2023 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
TKQfYLlfSTDEI.gif

This will be tough. The Roosters will be out for revenge after the loss in Round 1.
I’m hoping we‘ll make it tough for them.
Pretty sure they’ll start hard, we just have to weather the storm, stay in the contest and hopefully put points on first, winning does strange things, lucky we‘re winning and there not, won’t be one bit surprised if we win. Discipline and desire will do the trick.

Another big test and certainly coming up fast after that Dragons pleasing outcome .
Roosters can never be underestimated despite a fairly indifferent season form wise .
Seemed quite a bit of self belief prevalent or largely prevalent in Manly 's efforts last Saturday which has to be a big plus if it can be replicated

Probably just have to stay in the grind or match the Roosters all round and hopefully D C E "s kicking game , some effective go forward and good line speed and more of that particularly enterprising attack revolving around the Halfs can swing things Manly "s way
Probably cannot expect the same majority possession like that previous season 's encounter but then only apparently 40 % against the Dragons so guess that that is not the only factor in order to play well enough to jag a win
Would be naturally a terrific result to get the points , go a ' get them Manly

I see us Winning this game.....
But.....Whatever it is - bad calls, fitness, switching off, intensity, desire......that final 20 minutes in most games 2023 is going o catch up if not rectified and in actual fact, the Roosters were coming to get us at Brookvale earlier and saved pretty much by the clock.
I would love to see us hit the lead and pull away up the stretch with a late flurry, as most wins have been a decent lead and by the end the opposition are coming home within a whisker of beating us and though it's exciting a few of us will have a heart attack before long !!
Thing is we need 80 minute performances or just cannon fodder for the better teams who are willing to do this....need that mongrel and ruthlessness to be a serious contender and we fall badly in this area.

I think we'll struggle to win this game unfortunately. Even if the rorters are out of the race (which they're technically not, yet) they still will be wanting to bash us and avenge their loss to us earlier in the season. I think they've played pretty well in the last couple of weeks and have just run into very good teams like the Broncos. If we can get on top of JWH and Collins (like the broncos did) we can beat them. But that's a massive IF. Hope I', wrong though - I hope we can do it and keep the season alive.

I’m hoping we‘ll make it tough for them.
Pretty sure they’ll start hard, we just have to weather the storm, stay in the contest and hopefully put points on first, winning does strange things, lucky we‘re winning and there not, won’t be one bit surprised if we win. Discipline and desire will do the trick.
It's at the SCG, so this ground should take out the Roosters crowd presence somewhat, not like the close up city or suburban grounds do. The Lodge v GWH match up will be good to watch, surely Hargraves is on a send off now instead of a sinbin or fine. Another toughie and with a short turnaround to boot. Veaga will probably get the wing spot there's no one else really, at least he'll be good for the hit-ups.

I see us Winning this game.....
But.....Whatever it is - bad calls, fitness, switching off, intensity, desire......that final 20 minutes in most games 2023 is going o catch up if not rectified and in actual fact, the Roosters were coming to get us at Brookvale earlier and saved pretty much by the clock.
I would love to see us hit the lead and pull away up the stretch with a late flurry, as most wins have been a decent lead and by the end the opposition are coming home within a whisker of beating us and though it's exciting a few of us will have a heart attack before long !!
Thing is we need 80 minute performances or just cannon fodder for the better teams who are willing to do this....need that mongrel and ruthlessness to be a serious contender and we fall badly in this area.
Good comments, I like how our backs are going tho, seems to be a lot of good chemistry happening with Garrick, Saab, Koula and even Parker. Just need to break even in the forwards for Schuster and DCE to unlock our backline potential again.

ALL GAMES ARE WINNABLE !

The Last placed West tigers beat the first place Premiers Panthers 12 points to 8

Sure there are teams that are favourites and games that are against the odds

But favourites , , Records , Game plans, Defensive lines and Salary caps
ARE ALL MEANT TO BE BROKEN and they surely Have . MANY TIMES !

Games are won in our head and inside the shed before we run out on to the field
That is the power of self belief and motivation
The coach that fully erects his team will screw their opposition and win

Have a Positive , Happy and Healthy day feathered friends

1690765748654.png

Last edited:
Agree , almost any team can beat any team, apart maybe the top 2.
True, Faders, Parra and Sharks have now all slipped into the discard section, and Souths aren't that far behind them. Hard to get a read on Melb atm, a big win followed by a big loss type of team. That only leaves the Warriors and the Broncs a couple of pegs behind the Riff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10