Pre-Game Roosters v Manly [Round 23, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 16
Sydney Cricket Ground
03 Aug 2023 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the bookies don’t give us much hope !!
Not so, Chooks are slight favourites only, fair enough as its their home game. Sure they still have a swag of rep stars and still carry on as though they are premiership favourites but they've been a massive flop this year.

There's about 8 teams all on a similar, inconsistent standard this year and Manly is one, Chooks are another. But objectively this year's Manly is better than this year's Chooks and we should win again in another good match.

I’ve enjoyed our two wins on the trot. I’d certainly enjoy a few more.
One of the middling teams is going to get on a little roll on now and end up playing finals, no reason it can't be Manly.
Raiders already had their winning run, Sharks too, now the Knights are having a bit of a run.
If Manly beats the Chooks we will have some real momentum, that would be 4 from our last 5, only failing to beat the then-red-hot Cows in a fairly tight encounter.
Injuries as usual will be key.

True, Faders, Parra and Sharks have now all slipped into the discard section, and Souths aren't that far behind them. Hard to get a read on Melb atm, a big win followed by a big loss type of team. That only leaves the Warriors and the Broncs a couple of pegs behind the Riff.
Like the faders and gummies the worriers aren't the real deal. Look at their draw, they can't beat any of the top sides, they've had a pretty easy draw and they got teams like the cows twice when they were playing like sh*t earlier in the season. They will come unstuck like the other 2 have when sh*t gets real. They've played the top teams Penrith, Broncos, Storm, Rabbits ,once all origin affected lineups and lost all 4 games.

Last edited:
Like the faders and gummies the worriers aren't the real deal. Look at their draw, they can't beat any of the top sides, they've had a pretty easy draw and they got teams like the cows twice when they were playing like sh*t earlier in the season. They will come unstuck like the other 2 have when sh*t gets real.
Looking at it that way, and the Warriors having a charmed draw up till now. Will be interesting to see how they pan out over their remaining games.

I shudder at the thought of Ray Vaega under the high balls with Tupou leaping over him
I love Ray-Ray. But it’s his turn and chase as being his biggest weakness. Keary will be poking the grubbers behind him all night. Hopefully Reubs plays backstop for Ray.

One of the middling teams is going to get on a little roll on now and end up playing finals, no reason it can't be Manly.
Raiders already had their winning run, Sharks too, now the Knights are having a bit of a run.
If Manly beats the Chooks we will have some real momentum, that would be 4 from our last 5, only failing to beat the then-red-hot Cows in a fairly tight encounter.
Injuries as usual will be key.
I see the Knights to be that team atm. Their remaining games are winnable. On the condition though that Ponga doesn’t get injured or HIA’d out of it. He seems to be playing with the potential and confidence that the Knights fans expected. Also Jackson Hastings is going well. Has got that left hand attack humming. But can they keep the momentum going with their 4 & 0 win record?

We need to be disciplined and tough. The roosters lack discipline and if we hang in there they’ll get frustrated.

True, Faders, Parra and Sharks have now all slipped into the discard section, and Souths aren't that far behind them. Hard to get a read on Melb atm, a big win followed by a big loss type of team. That only leaves the Warriors and the Broncs a couple of pegs behind the Riff.
Honestly teams 6/7/8 are not going very well at all , team 9 ( Knights ) are on fire , they’ll make the 8, we won’t , and one of teams 6/7/8 aren’t either

So we assume Vaega gets the run now that Tui is out for the season, no doubting his passion but from the couple of BWSE games I’ve watched on Foxtel he’s a bit suspect under high balls.

Not sure if Two Poo’s is on his side but if he is you’d expect they’d pepper him with kicks as there’s a fair height difference.

What about the other winger at Blacktown , how’s he been going ??

10 years since the dudded grand final. Still burns.

17e0175fca735060beb3dd86e060c387

Thank you @The Wheel

Investing in our health is the greatest investment we will ever make in life .

Many take this for granted and take shortcuts like drinking and smoking and indulging in lifestyle short term highs that result in long time lows

Everything we achieve comes from our own effort and discipline and I hope we can all strive to be our best versions by looking after our selves

Make time to get regular exercise
You do not have to go to the gym as this can be boring for many
Do things that you enjoy like walking , cycling , golf , tennis etc
Anything to get your body moving and your mind grooving
Nothing worse than sitting around doing nothing and feeling like nothing
Do something and feel like you are some body .

Eat Healthy
We are what we eat and healthy food promotes healthy functioning organs
We do not put bad oil in our car engine
Why would we put bad food in our bodies and expect our selves to go the distance

Get enough rest and sleep
The body needs rest to recover and feel revitalized
Get good sleep and wake up feeling good

Prayer / Meditation
Switching off our lifes stresses and living in the moment
Reduce stress by Focussing on hope . Breathing in the positives and exhaling the negatives

Connect with Positive , caring and loving people
These people are there when we need them
Family , Friends , life line volunteers waiting for our call
We do not have to be alone
Reach out and there are Good people out there that care
Kindness is free it wont cost you anything
Reach out not because you are weak but because you want to remain strong

Take care of your selves feathered friends ...
Any one doing it tough can send me a personal message
The greatest gift we can give any one is our time :)

If Ray Vaega is our only option to play wing then we are rooted.

Ray should never be selected on the wing in FG again.

Surely the coaching staff are aware of this. SURELY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10