Pre-Game Roosters v Manly [Round 23, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 16
Sydney Cricket Ground
03 Aug 2023 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 years since the dudded grand final. Still burns.

17e0175fca735060beb3dd86e060c387
yeah, lost count on the many forward passes that were thrown and scored off. But then again Dollar Bill was playing and the they are the glamour team of the NRL, can't disappoint the masses can we.

Like the faders and gummies the worriers aren't the real deal. Look at their draw, they can't beat any of the top sides, they've had a pretty easy draw and they got teams like the cows twice when they were playing like sh*t earlier in the season. They will come unstuck like the other 2 have when sh*t gets real. They've played the top teams Penrith, Broncos, Storm, Rabbits ,once all origin affected lineups and lost all 4 games.
Great post @mickqld. Totally agree. It also takes a fair amount of luck in this comp with the draw and warriors have had theirs especially with getting the Cows early. They also drew good teams who were origin impacted and failed to capitalize. I actually liken them a bit to us in 2021.

That said you can only beat teams in front of you and they’ve been consistent in beating plenty this year.

If Ray Vaega is our only option to play wing then we are rooted.

Ray should never be selected on the wing in FG again.

Surely the coaching staff are aware of this. SURELY.
Bit harsh Westie, Ray Ray's not the worst winger going around. He had a great game against Melb and folded Munster up in a crunching tackle. He's a Jorge T clone alright, mobility is a bit of a worry tho.

Faulalo has been going well at Blacktown but would expect Ray Ray to be given another opportunity
Sure will be not lacking in effort and vigor taking the ball up .
Maybe has a bit more pace then he seems to show sometime , no doubt will be tested out a bit if he most likely is selected but again on balance would be expected to come in for Tui who has been going quite well lately
Naturally hope that he does go well and can cause the Roosters some problems

Great post @mickqld. Totally agree. It also takes a fair amount of luck in this comp with the draw and warriors have had theirs especially with getting the Cows early. They also drew good teams who were origin impacted and failed to capitalize. I actually liken them a bit to us in 2021.

That said you can only beat teams in front of you and they’ve been consistent in beating plenty this year.
A bit Luck is one of the many factors with the draw
But the biggest factor that gets teams like the warriors in the top 4 and on the way to finals footy is
Consistency and their rookie coach has them over achieving and playing consistent footy through out the season .
Consistency is the key to finals success
Well done to the Warriors

Faulalo has been going well at Blacktown but would expect Ray Ray to be given another opportunity
Maybe has a bit more pace then he seems to show sometime , no doubt will be tested out a bit if he most likely is selected but again on balance would be expected to come in for Tui who has been going quite well lately
I fear about 10pm Thursday night Veaga will be the new “ whipping boy “.

If he drops a couple and let’s try’s in he’ll be hung drawn and quartered by 11pm

Do you think we might do something 'creative with our winger problem......?
Hear me out - but if we think our winger options are bare/busted, then surely we need to prioritise defeinsive stability and reliability vs. anything creative or attacking?

COULD we push Parker out from centre to wing (particularly for kicks and late in sets) and have Ben T play centre inside him? Therefore not needing to bring in Vaega?

Or is there another back row or centre option that we could drop in?

Or heaven forbid we could run a fullback/wing rotation with Garrick and....?

yeah, lost count on the many forward passes that were thrown and scored off. But then again Dollar Bill was playing and the they are the glamour team of the NRL, can't disappoint the masses can we.
There are no masses supporting that poisonous club. Only $$$ from big end of town fat cats who held Greenturd and the rest of that spineless NRL board in their pockets.

A great initiative. With 41 Aussie males dying each week from mental health issues it can not be overstated the support that "Got you for life " brings.
It can not also be underestimated how less people with mental issues end their life when they have the hope of religious beliefs

The Psychiatry of American Journal is one of the many stats found to prove that the belief in the hope of Gods love and mercy can save a life

CONCLUSIONS: Religious affiliation is associated with less suicidal behavior in depressed inpatients. After other factors were controlled, it was found that greater moral objections to suicide and lower aggression level in religiously affiliated subjects may function as protective factors against suicide attempts. Further study about the influence of religious affiliation on aggressive behavior and how moral objections can reduce the probability of acting on suicidal thoughts may offer new therapeutic strategies in suicide prevention. End Quote ....

I Believe ...
The God of Hope is always with us and we are never left in the dark
When the Suns goes down the stars come up and light up our path so we can see more clearly and persevere with our lifes momentous journey .
1690857205162.png

Last edited:
As long as JWH is playing. He against Lodge will be worth the price of admission (can I still use that saying, considering there’ll only be Mr Giggity there and a Souths fan).
Anyway, I hope Lodge doesn’t take the bait that JWH will no doubt throw at him.
But at the same time, I want Lodge to bash the shiit out of Jared (I know, very hard to have all that in this day and age). But enough to wipe Jareds shiit eating "they only fine me!" grin off his face.
Here’s hoping.:punch:

Last edited:
Agree also al, Ray's hit ups will be needed, although, in defence he might need some cover when backtracking when kicks/bombs are kicked to his wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12