Pre-Game Roosters v Manly [Round 23, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 16
Sydney Cricket Ground
03 Aug 2023 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, he's terrible, just downright horrible. I have no idea how he's ever selected. He's right up there with the worst of our roster.
The positive is he does have that natural ability to maim an opposition player. Now he just needs to ensure he does this in a way where he takes the opposition player out by only getting ten in the bin rather than sent off.

The positive is he does have that natural ability to maim an opposition player. Now he just needs to ensure he does this in a way where he takes the opposition player out by only getting ten in the bin rather than sent off.
Yes our only hope is that he (Legally) absolutely smashes the **** out of Suali the fist time they clash , and the Rugby man decides it’s all too hard !!

Hope Lodge gets a bit more help in the middle as these Rooster forwards will come out quick this week.
I reckon the early exchanges in the middle will decide the game, as Roosters are about due to grab a win and bang on points, however they hold up the white flag when the road looks to long, all depends on our physicality and intensity early in the game.

Hope Lodge gets a bit more help in the middle as these Rooster forwards will come out quick this week.
I reckon the early exchanges in the middle will decide the game, as Roosters are about due to grab a win and bang on points, however they hold up the white flag when the road looks to long, all depends on our physicality and intensity early in the game.
yeah, we seem a bit light on off the bench. Maybe what we lose from the big units in Paseka, Ailoi and Keppie we make it up with more mobile fwds in Bully and Burbo.

We are pretty screwed at this point, too many injuries to key players. Even if we make the 8 we won't have the cattle to make a serious tilt at the finals.
I’ll be okay with season results if we make the 8 after being without Tom for most of it and Schu being so out of form for the majority if it. Not to mention Jake being out for quite a few games and our forwards pack being out muscled for the majority of the season.

Making the 8 from here at least means we’ll see a few more decent wins from Manly before the off season starts all over again.

Also will show we’ve got a bit of fight in us which would be a massive improvement after the capitulation of last season.

Still, with Seibold starting to build the team he wants to see next year I would want us to be comfortably in the top 8 and fighting for a top 4 spot in 2024. Anything less would point towards another coaching change, and I think that would effectively rule out another premiership chance for DCE (and possibly the chance for Jake to win one at all, as I don’t think his career will have the longevity of DCE’s) given it would take a new coach a couple of seasons to settle in…..

Mate, he's terrible, just downright horrible. I have no idea how he's ever selected. He's right up there with the worst of our roster.
Yep, he got binned for that late hit on Munster as well. He's easily the slowest, least athletic, and unfit winger playing in the NRL this round. Then there's the fact he is exposed on the turn when chasing kicks and displays an obvious weakness under the high ball.

Fortunately, he'll be marking up against an athletic winger who can leap through the air.

What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:
Chooks team is a veritable Smith-a-thon.
If only they'd sign Will from the Tiges they'd have the full set, Billy Willy Brandon and Sandon.
Dont forget Doctor Smith feathered friend
They can also sign Doctor Smith on their Medical staff
1690935253148.png

This is the real Test for Lodge my feathered friend Maxta
If Lodge is the Real Deal Monster Enforcer you predict he is . He will enforce and inspire and lift his pack like real Monster enforcers are capable of doing

This Thursday we will find out if Lodge is Maxtas Monster enforcer
Or he is just a Cookie Monster
Have a Nice day Maxta :)
1690935882354.png

Thank you @The Wheel
The only way Manly coaches can win us passionate Manly fans over is by winning Manly games

Losing is not a Great Manly thing
What is so Great about an Eagle losing its Wings ?

Good luck Anthony Seibold . I hope your media talk can inspire our players to soar high above the roosters on our great Eagles wings and WIN the game !
1690936776351.png

Dont forget Doctor Smith feathered friend
They can also sign Doctor Smith on their Medical staff
View attachment 24539
When Lost in Space went from black & white to colour, it wasn't till years later here in Australia we got to see the amazing multi-colour extravaganza of the show, when we finally got colour TV. I have in my collection, the complete DVD boxsets of the show, to enjoy anytime I like.

I do like his pressers. Good work seibs. Unfortunately Dessie’s we’re like Chinese water torture.
The torture Perspective

Dessie with his Chinese water torture at his peak Lived up to the Benchmark of our Legendary clubs Grand final high winning standards including the record 40 to nil win that tortured the Melbourne Storm .

Yep, he got binned for that late hit on Munster as well. He's easily the slowest, least athletic, and unfit winger playing in the NRL this round. Then there's the fact he is exposed on the turn when chasing kicks and displays an obvious weakness under the high ball.

Fortunately, he'll be marking up against an athletic winger who can leap through the air.

What could possibly go wrong?
Agree.
He got woefully exposed v the Storm fitness wise as well as teh other points you mention.
He was okay for the first half but 10mins into the 2nd he was visibly fatigued and then it all turned to mush.
Only hope is we control the ball so well that he can't get found out defensively.

Still wouldn't be surprised if there's a late switch of maybe Parker to wing and Burbo to centre or Harper comes in, while not ideal I think we'd be better served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12