Pre-Game Roosters v Manly [Round 23, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 16
Sydney Cricket Ground
03 Aug 2023 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think so, tho, could be back this week or next. Yeah, Riki's a good mobile big forward. How do they manage to have a virtual Qld SOO pack, or should I say... afford.
Much of that pack got the spoon what 3 seasons back. Haas will likely go to the highest bidder by the look as well. Also They don’t have massive depth there really, just starting middles who have been really great all year (Haas, Carrigan and Flegler). Broncos are just playing really well as a unit this year.

Much of that pack got the spoon what 3 seasons back. Haas will likely go to the highest bidder by the look as well. Also They don’t have massive depth there really, just starting middles who have been really great all year (Haas, Carrigan and Flegler). Broncos are just playing really well as a unit this year.
Got strike power all over the paddock now as well combined with the good organizational skills of Reynolds. Real good mix , not sustainable but maybe Ben Ikin deserves some credit for some astute planning . Looks like not a bad run on the injury front as well which certainly helps

Manly probably just to improve in a couple of positions and somehow overcome their adverse injury issues for some time now . But even now a good capable side especially with Lodge"s inclusion and who knows , could still make a bit of a statement this season with a good result tonight hopefully to keep the show on the road.

Yep, there're losing Flegler as well. Haas and Flegler will be hard to replace, oh well, they've got the Can Can dancer in Marty to show them the way...lol.

Got strike power all over the paddock now as well combined with the good organizational skills of Reynolds. Real good mix , not sustainable but maybe Ben Ikin deserves some credit for some astute planning . Looks like not a bad run on the injury front as well which certainly helps

Manly probably just to improve in a couple of positions and somehow overcome their adverse injury issues for some time now . But even now a good capable side especially with Lodge"s inclusion and who knows , could still make a bit of a statement this season with a good result tonight hopefully to keep the show on the road.
We need just a couple of things to happen for us to be much more successful.

Less injury time for our fullback.

And we are very short of at least one more quality prop forward ( assuming Lodge stays ).

With Paseka / Jurbo as run on props , if we had Lodge / ???? on the bench so that there wasn’t a big drop off we’d be so much better.

As it looks to be ( 2024) we have Lodge ( again assuming he is signed ) combining with one of,

Sipley
Keppie
AOA

Both Sipley & Keppie really haven’t set the world on fire , they occasionally are good , but more than often they’re not.

AOA, dunno , he shows glimpses , but more than often is average. Maybe it’s that he’s mostly injured, but just don’t see him as a player who’s going to take us to the top 4.

And Woods , whilst he’d do a job , is far from intimidating these days, but would have his place as a minimum wage earner as injury coverage , only.

IF my memory serves me correctly the last time we played this mob at the SCG they blew us away in the first 25 minutes. Not again please!

Sure every season every team can point to games they let slide, but Manly letting 3 competition points behind from the Rd 4 (Souths) and Rd 5 (Knights) games, that the team should have had locked up as wins well before golden point, has been dogging Manly all season and will in the end be the team's undoing for the Top 8 chase.

A Manly win vs Souths in Rd 4 would have today Manly on 27 points in 6th place and Souths on 24.
I'm always bemused whenever people mention the Knights draw as a point Manly squandered.
We trailed at halftime and at one stage in the second half we were down 28-16.
The fact the sides are level on the ladder so deep into the season suggests we're actually fairly similar in ability!
Not to mention the full 10 minutes extra time couldn't separate us.
Sure we didn't handle extra time very cleverly, but over 90 min I don't think you could say either side was lucky, or unlucky.
(Souths game though I totally agree!)

Not confident tonight I fear a smacking. I see them going after Lodge to wind him up and I fear he will do something silly and end up in the bin or sent off.

I'm always bemused whenever people mention the Knights draw as a point Manly squandered.
We trailed at halftime and at one stage in the second half we were down 28-16.
The fact the sides are level on the ladder so deep into the season suggests we're actually fairly similar in ability!
Not to mention the full 10 minutes extra time couldn't separate us.
Sure we didn't handle extra time very cleverly, but over 90 min I don't think you could say either side was lucky, or unlucky.
(Souths game though I totally agree!)
There’s been a couple of very frustrating games , but I’d agree , I’m not sure the Knights one was one of those.

There’s been a couple of very frustrating games , but I’d agree , I’m not sure the Knights one was one of those.
Probably only be relevant if we both finish 8th and they knock us out on for and against. That would hurt. But I'm thinking we a long shots anyway. Tonight will answer that question I think.

Red Rooster fried Chicken tonight

Who wants Fries on the side as well ???

1691039899164.png

Probably only be relevant if we both finish 8th and they knock us out on for and against. That would hurt. But I'm thinking we a long shots anyway. Tonight will answer that question I think.
Yes if we were both to finish on the same points , and they get on and we don’t it’s very relevant.

They’ll win this weekend , and if you look at their draw it’s MUCH easier than ours so I’m expecting them to make the 8 as they don’t play a top 4 side , and we do.

They are also full strength and arguably riding on the back of Kalyn Ponga , meanwhile our superstar fullback is again, out for the season.

So it probably won’t come to that, I expect them to finish either a point or three in front of us.

Yes if we were both to finish on the same points , and they get on and we don’t it’s very relevant.

They’ll win this weekend , and if you look at their draw it’s MUCH easier than ours so I’m expecting them to make the 8 as they don’t play a top 4 side , and we do.

They are also full strength and arguably riding on the back of Kalyn Ponga , meanwhile our superstar fullback is again, out for the season.

So it probably won’t come to that, I expect them to finish either a point or three in front of us.
I agree pretty much with you Mark, altho I wouldn't write off the Dolphins to knock the Knights off at home. And a lot does depend on Ponga staying fit. A bit like Turbo for us. It would be good to at least finish the year off with the Chooks, Bulldogs and Tiger wins. But even they're not guaranteed.

From the Roosters forum
They are not happy and They want Robbos head

I really couldn't give a fuuk anymore if we win this or not.
I've had it with this clueless guru fat cat puffy faced excuse for a coach.
For a club like ours to have a Handbrake like Hutchison in the top 17 is a disgrace.
The Guru has shown that he can only win with an onfield general like Cronk or Maloney
and a team full of superstars.
He inherited a grand final team in his first year, and at that time...... 11 years ago
was fresh and keen and got a result.
Surely you can't give him all the credit for that one...... Seriously ????
Then 5 years later got two more with superstar teams and onfield generals.
Then.............................................. ........................
4 years later he is fat, stale and clueless, the squad is all his doing.
He recruited them, he is supposed to coach them....
What the fuuk does he actually do ??
Pick up his $1.4 MILLION paycheck every year, that's about it.

Last edited:
I agree pretty much with you Mark, altho I wouldn't write off the Dolphins to knock the Knights off at home. And a lot does depend on Ponga staying fit. A bit like Turbo for us. It would be good to at least finish the year off with the Chooks, Bulldogs and Tiger wins. But even they're not guaranteed.
Three more wins would be a great finish , not a spectacular finish , but given our injury toll , a great finish.

All I know is Manly seem to be the worst club over recent seasons when comes to being able to win after having a 20+ points lead with 15 minutes to go.

Manly can completely dominate the opposition for the first three quarters of a game. And then be completely incapable of stopping the momentum coming the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10