Rothfield at it again on the Telegraph

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who cares.  There was not too many players in the top 50 which I disagreed with.  Sure I would have picked a different order but its just somones opinion. 

I would have agreed with the majority of the players that he picked if he just said "Here is a list of my top 50 players in the NRL but listed in no particular order".

14 is actually on the list?! help us now!.
And Dan i disagree, Stewart is a far superior player to Slater in all aspect of the game except for the chip and chase.

No way is Stewart better than Slater in all areas, Stewart is a better defensive fullback with top class attack but Slater is a better attacker with great defense

Snake can actually catch the high ball attacking or defending.
Snake passes the ball better and is faster that Slater, all slater has for on him in attack is maybe the players inside of him and his ability to pick a gap.

Nate link said:
And Dan i disagree, Stewart is a far superior player to Slater in all aspect of the game except for the chip and chase.

#14 made more metres than both of them last year. (Stewy injured I know)

Steve Price should be in the Top 10. His contributions are worth more than those of Slater or Inglis.

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Nate link=topic=182523.msg253025#msg253025 date=1267582837]

#14 made more metres than both of them last year. (Stewy injured I know)

Steve Price should be in the Top 10. His contributions are worth more than those of Slater or Inglis.
[/quote]

thats because he is a ball hog of the highest order :p

Stewart has far better positional play and safety under the high ball, without the brain explosions

Stewart also chimes into a play with more ability to finish it off or create something for a man outside, Slater often stuffs those opportunities

No way I would rate Slater's try saving tackles over Brett, as Brett has pulled off some magical efforts

The area Slater has Brett covered in a big way though is the kick return, imo that is Brett's only weakness as a fullback if we want to call it that, he doesn't break the line when returning a kick

You all have your blinkers on Doug is 100% right

But anyway the rest of the Rugby League world sees Slater is better. Like him or hate him and I hate him, but he is a top class player and better than brett as unfortunate as that is its still true

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Stewart has far better positional play and safety under the high ball, without the brain explosions

Stewart also chimes into a play with more ability to finish it off or create something for a man outside, Slater often stuffs those opportunities

No way I would rate Slater's try saving tackles over Brett, as Brett has pulled off some magical efforts

The area Slater has Brett covered in a big way though is the kick return, imo that is Brett's only weakness as a fullback if we want to call it that, he doesn't break the line when returning a kick

This.

I don't see Slater as a better player.  Definately more flashy and thats what has people creaming their pants over him. As far as the overall package goes I rate them pretty even as Slater has his weaknesses as Kiwi has stated.   

Dan link said:

But anyway the rest of the Rugby League world sees Slater is better. Like him or hate him and I hate him, but he is a top class player and better than brett as unfortunate as that is its still true

I prefer the blinkers on...

2 years ago Stewart was better, but Knee issues and "other issues" have meant as Slater has developed he is now better.

Thats not to say Stewart can't set the world on fire this season, Slater has played a lot of footy, teams are starting to work him out and he may well decline.

Question is, is there any person here who would rather Salter in our #1 jersey?  I wouldn't, particularly with the change to the downtown rule.  Stewart has far fewer mistakes in him, is quicker and is a far superior ball player. 

I would not swap Stewart for any fullback.  Part of the reason is obviously loyalty but he has a great all round game and his try rate is the best in the current game from memory.  If his knee is ok, no reason why he wont regain top form. 

Dan link said:

I certainly wouldn't be rating things on how the rest of the rugby league world see things though. The rest of the world also said Orford couldn't win a comp, Lyon was crap and Kite was an average prop

Matabele link said:
Question is, is there any person here who would rather Salter in our #1 jersey?  I wouldn't, particularly with the change to the downtown rule.  Stewart has far fewer mistakes in him, is quicker and is a far superior ball player. 

Keep Stewart as long as possible. A fullback from another team that I wouldn't mind having playing for us is Canberra's young fullback Josh Dugan he has class written all over him and reminds me of a young Darren Lockyer

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8