Rothfield at it again on the Telegraph

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kiwi Eagle link said:
Stewart has far better positional play and safety under the high ball, without the brain explosions

Stewart also chimes into a play with more ability to finish it off or create something for a man outside, Slater often stuffs those opportunities

No way I would rate Slater's try saving tackles over Brett, as Brett has pulled off some magical efforts

The area Slater has Brett covered in a big way though is the kick return, imo that is Brett's only weakness as a fullback if we want to call it that, he doesn't break the line when returning a kick

Bingo. And like other have said, that's really flashy and it's what people remember..

I believe in Brett. Billy might seem the better player now, but Brett is going to have a great year I think.. *touch wood*

Fro link said:
2 years ago Stewart was better, but Knee issues and \"other issues\" have meant as Slater has developed he is now better.

Thats not to say Stewart can't set the world on fire this season, Slater has played a lot of footy, teams are starting to work him out and he may well decline.
Agree...
I also think the adversity Stewart has faced over the past 12months may well see him come back not only psychically stronger but more importantly mentally stronger.
If he's proven innocent in court (fingers crossed) I think he will establish himself as the best fullback in the NRL.

manlyborn link said:
I also think the adversity Stewart has faced over the past 12months may well see him come back not only psychically stronger but more importantly mentally stronger.

If he comes back psychically stronger does that mean he will be able to 'sense' a try?

Maybe he will be able to tell us the score before the game is played.  That way if we are destined to lose we can rest our best players. 

Sorry about the blooper, most of my working years were in the Psych/ mental health dept....my bad.
Hopefully you get my point, I did mean physically although some psychic ability wouldn't go astray..lol

Fullback is one of the strongest positions across the league right now, there are a good handfull of top players and another good handful of good players not that far behind

Fluffy link said:
Fullback is one of the strongest positions across the league right now, there are a good handfull of top players and another good handful of good players not that far behind

Exactly look at this list and in my order

1. Slater - as much as i hate him he is good
2. Snake - will be back to his best in 2010
3. McKinnon - close 2nd and is a good player
4. Hayne - over hyped and only played well in the second half of the season - wait and see
5. Dugan - will be better in a few years
6. Zillman - like this guy big and fast
7. Perrett - this guy is all heart but Carney will be fullback so Perrett will be on the wing
8. Patten - has been around way to long but still plays good enough
9. Coote - like Dugan he could be anything
10. Stapleton - young and fast and runs hard
leaving out Gidley, Wesser, Moltzen, Boyd, Carney, Bowen, Kemp

McKinnon far too high, has done nothing since 2007. 08 was ruined by a new injury, and 09 was terrible. Will apparently be shown the door at the end of this year with Locke the man who is already close to taking the 1 shirt

Yeah, no way I would have McKinnon that high. Maybe two or three years ago, but Locke is a far better player now and really, I'd have Hohaia at fullback ahead of McKinnon too.

I don't rate Gidley but he HAS to be ahead of Coote....

willstyles link said:
Yeah, no way I would have McKinnon that high. Maybe two or three years ago, but Locke is a far better player now and really, I'd have Hohaia at fullback ahead of McKinnon too.

I don't rate Gidley but he HAS to be ahead of Coote....
There are 3 standouts, of which Hayne has to prove it wasn't a flash in the pan & Snake has to prove he can come back. The others are good players but not of the very highest class. McKinnon had a very good year once but that was some time ago. Gidley is a very good player but only 'good' as fullback. Patten is always good. Dugan to me is the next big up & comer.

As for Carney he shouldn't even be on the list.

McKinnon has been quiet last year but 2007 & early 2008 he was up there with Brett and pushing him NSW spot.

I left Gidley out because he isnt a fullback he's just crap

Rambo1987 link said:
McKinnon has been quiet last year but 2007 & early 2008 he was up there with Brett and pushing him NSW spot.

I left Gidley out because he isnt a fullback he's just crap

2008 he did his knee pre season

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8