Round 17 Manly V Dogs [Round 17 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought Starling seas the only forward to stand up. And that even though he got smashed. Made 120 metres. But more importantly all their forwards were bending back the line. We've been getting by with the best back line in the comp. When things weren't going to hand tonight we had it. That last play by hiku was just the final straw. Graham was on the outside of foz. A kick it over the top. A 100% harder play. But wasn't his fault

This is why I am not "overly impressed" with our forward pack, it lacks size, straight grunt and falls off way too many tackles.

Missing the aggression of Watmough and Glenn in defence and we need some straight hard sized grunt up the middle.

The game at Brookie the Dogs were dead after 20mins due to the heavy nature of the ground which allowed us to come over the top---- not so in this game until around the 60th min which exposed our forward weakness more.

The real danger come finals time is we get blown off the park like the Souths game in the early exchanges against a big pack which is what I fear most this season.

Dan said:
I blame the bye, without that we would still be 4 points clear

I blame inflation, if some of those bulldogs forwards weren't so inflated we would have one ;)

How good was T-Rex in the halves.

That Kasiano is a lump, fmd he's harder to put down than a wilderbeast. If he had a pace more speed he'd be devastating.

We need some bigger forwards. Plain to see tonight. Just a ****e game all round..

If King didn't get injured, tonight has to be the writing on the wall.
I don't want to deathride the boys tonight, obvious we were very off. Hopefully we roll on from next week to Grand Final night

Technical Coach said:
This is why I am not "overly impressed" with our forward pack, it lacks size, straight grunt and falls off way too many tackles.

Missing the aggression of Watmough and Glenn in defence and we need some straight hard sized grunt up the middle.

The game at Brookie the Dogs were dead after 20mins due to the heavy nature of the ground which allowed us to come over the top---- not so in this game until around the 60th min which exposed our forward weakness more.

The real danger come finals time is we get blown off the park like the Souths game in the early exchanges against a big pack which is what I fear most this season.
What a load of crap. How did we go last week against the Rooster pack without Choc and Gift ?

Technical Coach said:

Disagree. Last week with no Choc or Gift. Earlier in season against Souffs and Rorters. Our pack at full strength is more than capable of providing the platform for our backline. Put both teams at full strength tonight and the result would be different.

eggson said:
If King didn't get injured, tonight has to be the writing on the wall.
I don't want to deathride the boys tonight, obvious we were very off. Hopefully we roll on from next week to Grand Final night

It was foz that lost the game mate not king.

Technical Coach said:

Our forwards were not the reason we lost tonight, sure they we out muscled but we had our chance to win that game. A very poor option by Foran to put in that chip kick instead of a FG. Could have had a shot for FG a few sets before that aswell but we went for the miracle try up the sideline.

We just didn't turn up. We were arm grabbing in defence a lot, very dumb last tackle options..how many repeat sets did we get?

Our forwards got belted. Lawrence made a few silly errors/ penalties. We weren't prepared to roll our sleeves up and paid the price. Never got any momentum at all.

Put that game behind us and hope we come out firing next week

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
mickqld said:
Technical Coach said:

Disagree. Last week with no Choc or Gift. Earlier in season against Souffs and Rorters. Our pack at full strength is more than capable of providing the platform for our backline. Put both teams at full strength tonight and the result would be different.

During large periods in the Roosters game when there was no penalties our forwards struggled.

We need to be able to hang in for the first 20mins and not allow the game to be stop start which favours big sized slow teams to get over the top with our class in the backs.

Not enough fatigue in this game to take advantage of the Dogs size with quick play the balls and our mobile back row to take advantage of.

BOZO said:
Technical Coach said:

What a load of crap. How did we go last week against the Rooster pack without Choc and Gift ?

Not as well as you think...

Boo ! - not happy with Manly playing like panic merchants :dodgy:

I was disappointed that Foz and Killer did not kick the f.... out of our quarter, and tackled them away from our line. :huh:

Most disappointed with Foz's option of going for a Hail Mary try, instead of equalizing with a FG from right in front.:-/

The big positive was Gutho - played Jorge out of the LHS easy. :angel:

Hiku's still not treating the sideline as a precipice, he could have been the guy who set up the winning try tonight, but that chip didn't angle inward at all :(

Kingy had another disappointing night as well :(

Hopefully this is the loss we had to have, to wake Manly up from their hiatus at the top of the Ladder :angel:

Glad its over and glad their win is marred by the gridiron try :exclamation:

We missed Sid big time :cool:

Technical Coach said:
mickqld said:
Technical Coach said:

During large periods in the Roosters game when there was no penalties our forwards struggled.

We need to be able to hang in for the first 20mins and not allow the game to be stop start which favours big sized slow teams to get over the top with our class in the backs.

Not enough fatigue in this game to take advantage of the Dogs size with quick play the balls and our mobile back row to take advantage of.

BOZO said:
Technical Coach said:

Not as well as you think...

Not as bad as you think feathered friend :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8