Round 26 announced - NRL bending over backwards for Lockyer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jerry1 said:
That's buggered me up - I was going if it was the Friday.
Can't really overnight it as work on Monday.
:-/

Ring in sick like any other normal Australian.

I've had a moment of inspiration and perspiration and will probably join the MWTS for that game. Though setting a precedent now for one man, this whole Sunday gig should be good for Manly fans and players alike.

What's the chance that Gallop will recognise his failure to do the same thing for Menzies. I am so annoyed. I could cop this if Darren was a clean skin, but please ....

We should send out a reserve grade team to play them. Call them the Baby Sea Eagles. Give the Broncos and the NRL the big finger by gifting them the 2 points and give our regular team a week off before the semis. We will still make the top 4 and I fancy our chances from there.

Right call by the nrl To do this Lockyer deserves it. But it highlights how the screwed manly and beaver out if the same farewell in 2008. Sooner gallop and news ltd are gone the better. The commission won't be independent while ever that puppet is CEO.

Wouldn't know integrity if it jumped up and bit him on the old fella.

Can't begrudge Lockyer a farewell like this, he has been a great player. What stinks is that the muppets at the NRL, led by Double Demerit David, couldn't see their way fit to afford one of the true gentlemen of the game and a true sportsman in every sense of the word, one Steven Menzies, the same honour. I'll dance a little jig on the day that Gallop leaves our game.

So,reading through this thread,there is nothing that I can see about actual start time for the game.Also,there is still nothing on the No Real Leadership,or the Fux website regarding rounds 25 or 26.

Kiwi Eagle said:
NRL media release: Lockyer's round 26 schedule
by Rugby League Week on Tuesday, August 2, 2011 at 7:13pm

The NRL and its broadcast partners Nine and Fox Sports have set the scene for the most emotional Sunday in Broncos history with Darren Lockyer’s final Telstra Premiership club game scheduled for a live telecast on the Nine Network on September 4 at Suncorp Stadium.

The Round 26 match between the Broncos and the Sea Eagles will be one of the must-see games in the final Premiership round as well as a pre-finals farewell to perhaps the greatest Bronco of all time.

“This will be an emotional farewell for Brisbane fans and in particular families who in some cases will have followed Darren’s remarkable career over three generations,” NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said today.

“It’s great to see the broadcasters working together in a way that allows the club to create a truly memorable occasion and I would like to acknowledge the support of both the Chief Executive of Nine Entertainment, David Gyngell, and the Chief Executive of Premier Media Group (Fox Sports) Patrick Delaney.”

Mr Gyngell today said that the live broadcast of the match would create an opportunity for all Rugby League fans to share in the emotion of the day:

“On behalf of Nine I would like to thank the NRL and Fox Sports for working together to give one of the game’s greats a fitting farewell.

“Darren has entertained all of us over the years and this will set the scene for a marvellous public tribute.”

The schedule for the remaining matches for Round 26 have not yet been finalised and will be released until next week.

The decision to announce the selection of the Brisbane v Manly game ahead of the full schedule is in response to intense public interest in the match.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Beaver never got looked after like this. I might go and chuck the life savings on Brisbane for this match, no doubt the puppets in pink will be under instructions not to ruin the farewell

I just can't believe KE beat BE to post it.C'mon John you're slipping!:p

All this for some low life, public deficating, bogan, bevan, westie, petrol sniffing, junkie, thug, imbecile, redneck, six fingered, two headed, inbred, buck toothed, arse picking, slack jawed, window licking, poo touching, gun totin', pub brawling, small minded Queenslader who was THE worst fullback to ever play for Australia & made first grade about five years before he was ready?

Sounds about right really.

edit: Duff keep it moderately non libellous

silvertail said:
We should send out a reserve grade team to play them. Call them the Baby Sea Eagles. Give the Broncos and the NRL the big finger by gifting them the 2 points and give our regular team a week off before the semis. We will still make the top 4 and I fancy our chances from there.

No friggin way !!

That game could very likely determine our position, hopefully for minor premiership (unlikely I know), but we could end up anywhere 2nd - 5th realistically and we want best chance at week 2 of the finals off.

I don't know about that, if the situation becomes clear cut & it doesn't matter if we win or lose (or perhaps we want to drop a spot to get a preferred match up) we should definately send the NSW cup team up for a run. Boo-urns to playing on the Sunday before the finals I say.

Wolfpack said:
I don't know about that, if the situation becomes clear cut & it doesn't matter if we win or lose (or perhaps we want to drop a spot to get a preferred match up) we should definately send the NSW cup team up for a run. Boo-urns to playing on the Sunday before the finals I say.

Sounds like a reasonable idea. If it is a 4.00 start it should be the last game of the regular season.

We can make a choice that is best for us.

We have done it before

2007 when we were a clear 2nd Des left 5-6 of the big guns at home instead of traveling to Auckland to play the Warriors

This is the team we trotted out

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles:
1. Michael Robertson
2. Michael Bani
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Clint Halden
5. Chris Hicks
6. Steve Menzies
7. Matt Orford
8. Mark Bryant
9. Michael Monaghan
10. Glenn Hall
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Jack Afamasaga
13. Jason Wells
Subs:
14. Adam Cuthbertson
15. Travis Burns
16. Vic Mauro
17. Jason King

was Mauro with us that long ago??

get rid of him, he's gone absolutely nowhere in 4 years.

• 👍
Reactions: Fro
Yep he played in the 2007 final against Souths as well

I think he has been pretty solid this year, not a game breaker but a pretty good guy to have in the squad depth wise on a lower salary

i couldnt recall him that long ago, considering how far some such as Buhrer, Hoppa, Foran and DCE for example have come I hope he's not on much coin.

And yes i know player develop at diferent rates and forwards are different etc.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6