Round 6 - Other games, 2021

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
Broncos v Penrith
Nights v Sharks
Storm v Roosters
Rabbitohs v Wests Tigers
Raiders v Eels
Dragons v Warriors
Cowboys v Bulldogs

Half time. Broncos up 12-10 v Panfas.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate Broncs as much as the next Manly supporter but credit where it's due. Lifted against the leaders in front of their own supporters, unlike the 5hit sandwich dished up by our team at Brookie.

Milford gets dropped to QLD cup and the team goes up a level

The key to making a game of it was stopping that outrageous Penrith Left edge...
Thought big Pengai out there (who will likely go missing the next 5 weeks), was pretty much the first to contain Kikau and I noticed they had Haas often inside slide up and out which haltered big Kikau strongly.
In fact it was really the left edge that leaked the points and I think the deardon, Mead , Oates edge will be tested plenty in coming weeks.

The key to making a game of it was stopping that outrageous Penrith Left edge...
Thought big Pengai out there (who will likely go missing the next 5 weeks), was pretty much the first to contain Kikau and I noticed they had Haas often inside slide up and out which haltered big Kikau strongly.
In fact it was really the left edge that leaked the points and I think the deardon, Mead , Oates edge will be tested plenty in coming weeks.
Yep. That’s the quietest I’ve seen Kikau. Kevvie certainly did his homework on him. I thought the turning point was the 1st tackle kick from the Broncos fullback In the Panthers 30. That’s the sort of play that causes Coaches to have coronaries.

oops

There was no thread for these games and broncs have already lost to penrith.

zing!

thread now made

During tonight's 20-12 win over Brisbane, a simple handshake was the only action Panthers players seemed interested in partaking in after they were labelled arrogant by the Raiders for their on-field behaviour.

Meh, you're just coming off as even bigger f-heads than you've quickly turned into.

edit:

Cleary just has to be fibbing doesn't he...

The Storm have been the benchmark for many years and have been similarly criticised for their approach to the game and Cleary was pressed if it was a case of tall-poppy syndrome.

“It looks a bit like that (tall poppy-syndrome),” Cleary said.

“We don’t call each other tall poppies but maybe other people are and that is a bit of kudos to our boys.

He said "everyone loved us last year, but now due to success it can be tall poppy syndrome."

Yeah nah, like it or not, the calls came about because they were acting like douchbags.

Ah...the ole play the tall poppy card.

Some people like it, others don't... no need to try and play the victim.

During tonight's 20-12 win over Brisbane, a simple handshake was the only action Panthers players seemed interested in partaking in after they were labelled arrogant by the Raiders for their on-field behaviour.

Meh, you're just coming off as even bigger f-heads than you've quickly turned into.
I actually like it. I wish more people hated our team.

I mean I know it's cocky behavior but the infectious energy those boys have is brilliant.

edit:

Cleary just has to be fibbing doesn't he...

The Storm have been the benchmark for many years and have been similarly criticised for their approach to the game and Cleary was pressed if it was a case of tall-poppy syndrome.

“It looks a bit like that (tall poppy-syndrome),” Cleary said.

“We don’t call each other tall poppies but maybe other people are and that is a bit of kudos to our boys.

He said "everyone loved us last year, but now due to success it can be tall poppy syndrome."

Yeah nah, like it or not, the calls came about because they were acting like douchbags.

Ah...the ole play the tall poppy card.

Some people like it, others don't... no need to try and play the victim.
Victimhood is the latest currency.

Yep. That’s the quietest I’ve seen Kikau. Kevvie certainly did his homework on him. I thought the turning point was the 1st tackle kick from the Broncos fullback In the Panthers 30. That’s the sort of play that causes Coaches to have coronaries.
100%
I mean they went for that big play and basically took the hook out....the fish got away right there- game over

Yep perhaps something for us to learn from v Titans. Big body on Fafita and Jake on the inside cleaning up. They also targeted Too all night. I mean who would have thought you would bomb a short winger all night??? I mean we had Saab marking him and maybe bombed him once! Croft just kept going there tine and again even if Too caught the first couple. He eventually started losing confidence when it was clear the Broncs weren’t gonna let up with the tactic.

I thought last night's game was good quality and evenly matched. Nice that it wasn't the predictable blowout. The broncos did an amazing job and perhaps Kevvie has shown other teams how to contain the panthers.
My one criticism is that the game is now so fast and frenetic it seems like continuous panic football. Throw the ball at all costs, rip it out of someone's arms, six again, six again.My thoughts are turning to those of my dear late dad Tommy. It's happening.........arrrgghh. I'm thinking it's not rugby league anymore.
But that's all we've got for now. Can only hope that Manly adapts soon.....

My main criticism is that you never know what six agains are given for. Even when watching a game as a neutral I end up screaming at the TV “what the f@ck was that for” ! How unprofessional can a sport be, when it is supposed to be about entertainment for the consumers.

Can you imagine a penalty being given in soccer without any explanation to the players or viewers what it was given for. Or the umpire in cricket raising a finger for no perceived reason and giving a player out without the TV station being able to say what it was for ?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8