Round 6 teams no surprises

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I too thought there maybe some changes , Blair in particular Wolfman didnt play on the weekend so maybe there is a issue there . i watched the NSW cup game but it was more of a committed team effort than any standouts in the backline . With Toovs putting everyone on notice i guess he is saying there that he was going to pick the same team then he can drop a player with no conviction , Coming back to Blair i think he doesn't trust his inside men enough if he can do that you will see a difference in his confidence . And i would also start Jake T and put Mason back on the bench for his impact i think we would get more out of Mason that way . So If the boys can turn up with a bit of attitude in defense we might just get away with this one

Players are on notice that this is their third final, and I mean final, warning that they maybe replaced sometime in the future should they not heed that 3rd maybe 4th final warning.

Seriously who is 2V kidding if he thinks "on notice" is going to do anything to a player group he lost last year.

Food for thought when considering Blair letting in two tries out on the wing against Canberra.

Foran made 22 tackles in the game, he also missed a few which at times forced Wiliame to come in and help which in turn caused Blair to come in and leave a gap out wide that the Raiders exploited. Was it all down to Blair's bad defensive positioning?

Of course that doesn't explain our wingers coming in during other games when Foran has been interested in playing plus we've had Killer and Skivy in the side. The Wolfman, Jorge and Peta have all been guilty of coming in and leaving a gap in recent years and IIRC we've been pretty harsh of them for it in these forums.

Oh for the days when wingers like Robbo patrolled our flanks.

Of note, the way Canberra scored two tries down that side is exactly how Tom Trbojevic score his two, the Raiders centre and winger coming in and leaving a big gap. So at least its not just a Manly thing, though that one is Ricky Stuart's problem.

One thing I did notice though was that Tom didn't come in off his wing when we were defending. But then I will say that Peta had a good defensive game playing in the centres so Tom didn't have to come in.

My team would be:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. David Williams
03. Peta Hiku
04. Brayden Wiliame
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Jamie Buhrer
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Ballin
10. Luke Burgess
11. Dunamis Lui
12. Willie Mason
13. Tom Symonds

14. Jayden Hodges
15. James Hasson
16. Jesse Sene-Lefeo
17. Justin Horo

For the past few years our strategy has to hold on to the stars that we have and fill the gaps with re-treads/re-cycled players from other clubs who deemed them surplus to requirements.
These new re-cycled players have generally been great for us playing a small role in a team that has been going well.

BUT now the goal posts have moved, we are no longer a top side with momentum and now these re-cycled players have been returned to a struggling team its no great surprise that many of them are struggling again like they were when we bought them. These 2nd level players don't create momentum they ride off it ( or sink without it ).

We have to rebuild with some quality, lord knows where we find quality such is the mess we find ourselves in right now, but struggling players from other clubs generally struggle for a reason in bad teams. If we cant get quality ( as I suspect we cant ) we have to go young and hope to build that way.

Just avoid the spoon this year and I'll be happy(ish) cause I don't like the signs here at all.

01. Brett Stewart
02. David Williams
03. Peta Hiku
04. Brayden Wiliame
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Jamie Buhrer
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Ballin
10. Luke Burgess
11. Dunamis Lui
12. Willie Mason
13. Tom Symonds

14. Jayden Hodges
15. James Hasson
16. Jesse Sene-Lefeo
17. Justin Horo

No Sao ?? Soggy is a better option than Hasson and probably Horo. Also you're not going to get many minutes out of Big Willie in the backrow, so your bench is going to be a bit light on for size.

No Sao ?? Soggy is a better option than Hasson and probably Horo. Also you're not going to get many minutes out of Big Willie in the backrow, so your bench is going to be a bit light on for size.

Ooops, Yup, Sao in for Hasson. His highlight's video the other day must have excited me ;)

01. Brett Stewart
02. David Williams
03. Peta Hiku
04. Brayden Wiliame
05. Tom Trbojevic
06. Jamie Buhrer
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Ballin
10. Luke Burgess
11. Dunamis Lui
12. Willie Mason
13. Tom Symonds

14. Jayden Hodges
15. James Hasson
16. Jesse Sene-Lefeo
17. Justin Horo

To play 3 props Jake would be better on the edges than Willie, he is a bit more mobile in defence and has a better passing games so wont stifle the ball movement as much.

As for Hasson, we must have another 10 injuries

To play 3 props Jake would be better on the edges than Willie, he is a bit more mobile in defence and has a better passing games so wont stifle the ball movement as much.

As for Hasson, we must have another 10 injuries

I actually think Hasson is pretty good. I don't get why people aren't liking him tbh.

Hasson looked good playing for Ireland in the World Cup. But then as an NRL player so he should have looked good in that squad because other than Pat Richards that lot were unfortunately light on for talent.

It doesn't actually mean that he's a good NRL player though.

I wasn't saying he is better than Wolfie I was merely stating he was upset when he missed a tackle.
Sure I understand what you were saying mate . I was just saying I had seen Wolfie miss a few tackles as well In NSW cup. He also looks like he has lost a bit of speed

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2