Round 7 - Non Manly Games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Round 7 Non Manly Games

I don't know why touchies bother to look if they are just going to be ignored in the video referee's decision making. Pretty sure the onfield referee sent it upstairs to check for a an earlier Storm knockon not the grounding for the try. But after they gave the ok on the knockon there is no clear video of the grounding so they gave no try. Unbelievable except the same thing happened to Matai at Gosford last year when Tooves blew up.

564126-a7e05d60-c85c-11e3-9484-00a97bf135c7.jpg

I would be filthy if that no try ruling was against us and lose the game. Absolute bull**** decision. The video refs have no idea !! Different to Matai's try he had defenders all over him the Storm player slid over the try line with someone around his legs perfect visibility for the tools in the box ..

Not bothered, but a strange "No Try".
In relation to the corner post he appeared to be over the line. I'd say Try.
Things that make you go, Hmmmm

dessie said:
I would be filthy if that no try ruling was against us and lose the game. Absolute bull**** decision. The video refs have no idea !! Different to Matai's try he had defenders all over him the Storm player slid over the try line with someone around his legs perfect visibility for the tools in the box ..

It was a no try as far as im concerned. Correct call. There are some still shots going around that show the ball short of the line.

isnt it funny when it involves other teams,the media give a crap,like the cowgirls and storm and of course the bunnies,but when its against us,we are just a pack of whingers

^^^It just falls on deaf ears most often when we're unfairly treated. It's an ingrained and historical bias based on our unequalled and continued excellence.

Apart from the frustration, such as that last GF and the refusal to help with Gifty's contract, I take it as a compliment and reaffirm my alliegance.

Surprisingly we have had a couple of 50/50's our way this year. Melbourne got it last week v the Queens; not so today it seems.

No confidence in any ref or video ref decisions this year. Toss a coin, I'm sure they are.

well...it cost me two points in our tipping comp (who woulda thought the raiders would win) - but it was a pleasure to watch!

globaleagle said:
well...it cost me two points in our tipping comp (who woulda thought the raiders would win) - but it was a pleasure to watch!

It cost me two competition points in our tipping comp too and I'll tell you who thought the Raiders would win. My wife did.

Jethro said:
globaleagle said:

It cost me two competition points in our tipping comp too and I'll tell you who thought the Raiders would win. My wife did.

Nice! But ask her to stump up 25 dollarydoos and see if she's as accurate with her tipping!

*Jethro's in trouble for not listening to his wife!

Melbourne are crap this year. Honestly, I don't see them making the eight. State of Origin is just around the corner and they'll lose the big three. Sure they beat us in rd. one but the refs can take a lot of the credit for that.
I know it's only early days but out of all the clubs I see the least improvement in them.

Brissie Kid said:
I don't know why touchies bother to look if they are just going to be ignored in the video referee's decision making. Pretty sure the onfield referee sent it upstairs to check for a an earlier Storm knockon not the grounding for the try. But after they gave the ok on the knockon there is no clear video of the grounding so they gave no try. Unbelievable except the same thing happened to Matai at Gosford last year when Tooves blew up.

564126-a7e05d60-c85c-11e3-9484-00a97bf135c7.jpg

Actually, after the decision was made captain scum approached the ref and queried the decision. The ref said he was short and bouced into touch and that that was how they had called it when they had sent it upstairs. So in this instance what the video ref ruled was the same as what the on field ref had ruled. It was 50/50 and I am completely comfortable with the decision.

Jethro said:
globaleagle said:

I picked Raiders, not so hard!
So far only the Knights have let me down this week ...

Moondog said:
Melbourne are crap this year. Honestly, I don't see them making the eight. State of Origin is just around the corner and they'll lose the big three. Sure they beat us in rd. one but the refs can take a lot of the credit for that.
I know it's only early days but out of all the clubs I see the least improvement in them.

The Storm are certainly not the same side as they used to be. I think they will make the 8 but I don't rate them as contenders this year for the first time in recent memory. Life is good.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Jethro said:
globaleagle said:

I picked Raiders, not so hard!
So far only the Knights have let me down this week ...

lol yeah right, victory in the final 2 mins = easy choice!!! :p:p

FLUKE

Everyone gets some luck GE but you still have to know how to ride it ;)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Everyone gets some luck GE but you still have to know how to ride it ;)

So true. :(

Well done!

A friend of mine sent me a pic of some ref with the blind sunnies and a guide dog with the caption....

"I'm just off to ref the Manly game."

Shows there's a lot of different perceptions out there.

Manly's (the truth), and everyone else's!

ParraManly:

Four ex Eagles running on for Parra today: Hoppa, Lussick, Gower and Palau.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6