Round 7 v cowboys @ central coast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mals said:
faithful said:
I have heard we get 100,000 plus gate takings for playing at Bluetongue if we win the outcome is worth it financially. Must admit it didnt feel like a home game against the bunnies but it didnt affect the team.
I would be surprised if it's this much. Central Coast Stadium is no longer sponsored by Bluetongue & is now run by Gosford Council. I find it hard to believe they would be forking out $100,000 per NRL game played there.

When you think about it $100,000 is chicken feed. It would only buy a second tier player for one season.

The decision screwed my plans, but **** happens. The club does this for a number of reasons. Im not going to sook or jump up and down, 2 games a year go elsewhere and every year and every game the same cry of foul.

The club has the figures and spreadsheets and knows logistically and financially which are the best games to out source.

Maybe a few of you guys should get you whinge printed on a T shirt for next year, because its going to happen again and the timing, the location, the fans and all the other stuff wont be considered again,......apparently

The club has stated that to keep the majority of games at Brookie they need to look at alternate locations for 2 games per year

That's right to keep the far far majority of games at Brookie. So understanding that there is a financial need to move the game it is worht taking a look through our draw (http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/manly-sea-eagles-2014-nrl-draw/rtse8khk513f102d9cp27kzj1) and tell me what game should be moved?

For mind the only other game that would be worth moving is the Canberra game

I agree with Bones re the moaning. We all love Brookie but unless it can get the upgrade it needs the club needs to look at moving games when they can (2 games per year) to ensure they survive at brookie in the long term

Sure it is not an ideal situation but I would rather a relatively small compromise to try ensure we have some sort of viable future (rant over)

Isz - I would have thought Manly v Tigers, Fri July 11 would have been better. We've played the Tigpies up there plenty of times before & got decent crowds. Isn't one of the prime objects for the club to make as much as they can on the gate?

Bummer. Will be in Sydney from the 13th til the 19th planning to go to two Brookie matches and now one's at Gosford. Will not have a car :mad: Still would like to go:huh: I need a helicopter.

I have booked flights etc for Good Friday game at Brookvale. Oh well what's another couple of hours travel, can you hitchhike to Gosford?

Mals not sure the crowd figure has a massive impact on the take home (the guarantees are far more) so keeping that game at brookie makes sense

All that said that, without knowing the deal structure, it is all speculation

marga said:
I have booked flights etc for Good Friday game at Brookvale. Oh well what's another couple of hours travel, can you hitchhike to Gosford?
Like you I'll be in Sydney for this formerly scheduled Brookie match. Now looking at transport options. Bus, train, ferry, helicopter or camel to Gosford anyone?

I called the club last week to see if they will be doing the ferry option again for the Good Friday game. They said they planned on doing it again and something should be emailed to members this week.

bones said:
I called the club last week to see if they will be doing the ferry option again for the Good Friday game. They said they planned on doing it again and something should be emailed to members this week.
Oh Goodie. I'll get an email because, did I mention before, I'm a new member. Happy to be Manly:D

niccipops said:
marga said:
Like you I'll be in Sydney for this formerly scheduled Brookie match. Now looking at transport options. Bus, train, ferry, helicopter or camel to Gosford anyone?
I'll go on the ferry if they have it, or send an SOS to Manly friends. Team bus would be good option niccipops. :)

I'll go on the ferry if they have it, or send an SOS to Manly friends. Team bus would be good option niccipops. :)
[/quote]
Me too. Travel 1000km to see some footy. Not missing out.

From experience, the Bus is not a reliable option in 2014.

You get an email stating that ' its definetly on for a home game in Gosford', then a follow up request response of ' it will be on the website later today', without any advertising, I could not see it eventuating, so after my final follow email, I got the 'no it will dilute our product ($145 Ferry)' :mad:

So pay up or shut up is the CRM now :cool:

Enjoy the live game niccipops, there is nothing like it :)

I know $143 seems a lot, but I really think the ferry option is great value for money. It includes bus transfer from Manly Leagues down to Newport Wharf. The ferry ride to Gosford with as much seafood, sandwiches, beer, wine and spirits as you can consume all included. A category A match ticket on halfway. Post match: The ferry ride back to Newport wharf, in which all the food and bar services are again included. Then the bus back to the leagues club. As an added bonus, Good Friday this year is my birthday. What a perfect way to celebrate. Come join me Niccipops.

I did the ferry last Friday, it was a great relaxing experience, made even better as we had a win, we also had the pleasure of the great Beaver. The alternative was a drive to Gosford a lot earlier just to get parking and avoid the late afternoon traffic, and then you're faced with that horrendous traffic jam that you always get leaving Gosford .

niccipops said:
Me too. Travel 1000km to see some footy. Not missing out.
[/quote]

C'mon guys...someone give n'pops a lift! She can't hint anymore!

tee hee hee :D:angel:

bones said:
As an added bonus, Good Friday this year is my birthday. What a perfect way to celebrate.

Good thing your not staying in Gosford afterwards, I don't think the locals could handle you celebrating your Birthday and a Manly win at the same time. :p :p

bones said:
Good Friday this year is my birthday. What a perfect way to celebrate.

So errr, look...on one hand Jesus was crucified but wait...on the other hand it's Bones' birthday!!!

So cheer up everyone and party like it's April the 18th!

globaleagle said:
bones said:
Good Friday this year is my birthday. What a perfect way to celebrate.

So errr, look...on one hand Jesus was crucified but wait...on the other hand it's Bones' birthday!!!

So cheer up everyone and party like it's April the 18th!
Maybe Bones should change his moniker to Relic for that special day then :idea:

Happy Birthday/resurrection for the 18th @Bones :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7