Rudd Pledges $10 million for Brookvale Upgrade.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
cherry_poppins said:
Good

I could never in good conscious vote for an imbecile the ilk of Tony Abbott,his plan for an NBN is idiotic and just a waste,i would NEVER EVER use f**king Wifi internet as it doesnt nearly fill my requirements of STABLE internet

Anyone who NEEDS a stable connection for working through to gaming would never use WIFI if making an educated decision

WIFI is the Bear Grylls of internet connections,instead of drinking its own urine however it disconnects when X happens
Kudos to you for another post that totally lacks logic or any sort of analytical thought.
It's people like yourself that have kept these economical illiterate clowns in power for the last 6 distructive years.

Frank said:
cherry_poppins said:
LOL@The terrorgraph,preaching to the dumb to oust labor whilst no worthy successor is running the other team

I guess Liberals are their target audience,I'll vote labor til Abbott is removed as head of liberal,if i had to i'd have re elected Gillard before putting an imbecile in control of my country,she was terrible but she had a brain

I agree about Abbott. Have never voted Liberal but would do so if Turnbull was in charge. He seems to be about the only politician I have any respect for.

Don't you realise that you are NOT voting for a person, you are voting for a party, unless you are in Rudd or Abbott's electorate! Forget the figureheads - look at the party policies. We have gone done the US route of voting in a media performer/actor rather than a party that will govern professionally.

cherry_poppins said:
WIFI is the Bear Grylls of internet connections,instead of drinking its own urine however it disconnects when X happens

I think you will find you parents have installed some parental control software (such as Net Nanny). That is why you are being disconnected when you try to access your 'X' sites with people drinking urine etc.

simon64 said:
Rudd can promise what he likes because he's not going to win. And even if he did, he'd backflip like a gymnast before he wasted money in a Liberal seat.

He is a fool of the highest order.

You're maybe right Simon64. But if you think that moralistic con man Abbott is going to give you any better service, I suggest you've been significantly deceived. If Turnbull was leading the Libs, I'd probably vote for them. No way I'd vote for Abbott and no way I'd vote for Rudd, They're peas in a pod.

MadMarcus said:
cherry_poppins said:

I think you will find you parents have installed some parental control software (such as Net Nanny). That is why you are being disconnected when you try to access your 'X' sites with people drinking urine etc.

PMSL

The Who said:
Frank said:
cherry_poppins said:
LOL@The terrorgraph,preaching to the dumb to oust labor whilst no worthy successor is running the other team

I guess Liberals are their target audience,I'll vote labor til Abbott is removed as head of liberal,if i had to i'd have re elected Gillard before putting an imbecile in control of my country,she was terrible but she had a brain

I agree about Abbott. Have never voted Liberal but would do so if Turnbull was in charge. He seems to be about the only politician I have any respect for.

Don't you realise that you are NOT voting for a person, you are voting for a party, unless you are in Rudd or Abbott's electorate! Forget the figureheads - look at the party policies. We have gone done the US route of voting in a media performer/actor rather than a party that will govern professionally.

Of course I realise I'm voting for a party. I just don't want to vote for a party lead by Abbott. I don't believe a party lead by Abbott would govern professionally.

Obviously I have a different opinion on Turnbull.

cherry_poppins said:

A Rhodes scholar is an imbecile, I see.

Clint said:
MadMarcus said:
cherry_poppins said:

PMSL

but did you then drink it?

Frank said:
The Who said:
Frank said:
cherry_poppins said:

Of course I realise I'm voting for a party. I just don't want to vote for a party lead by Abbott. I don't believe a party lead by Abbott would govern professionally.

It would be the same party under Turnbull. The leader is just a figurehead.

Frank said:
The Who said:
Frank said:
cherry_poppins said:

You think the ALP have governed 'professionally'? They should have been above all Abbott's attacks, but got suckered into the debate and even Rudd is clearly more aggressive this campaign than he was in 2007.

You don't have Turnbull because he didn't offer the public an alternative to the ALP, when he was against Rudd.

Both sides seem to use the truth with great economy.

There will be no carbon tax.

And for the other side, GST is dead and buried as a political issue. Do you remember who said that? It was Lazarus with a triple by-pass.

So I would ask KRUDD to confirm it is in the bank and transfer it NOW. Otherwise I cannot believe him.

And to Abbott was your last promise to refit Brookvale to the tune of $29 or $30 million in 2007. was it a 'core' or a 'non-core' promise.

What does the PUP candidate say?

Neither of these blokes has ever had a real job nor have they ever run a business. For if they had they'd make it easier rather than harder for businesses to operate. Yet we trust them with a trillion dollar economy, go figure.

Did anyone read the info about this on the Mwse website yet? The money is stage 1 of $30 mill required to put the planned eastern stand and facilities in. It is the masterplan coming together at last.

Who cares about political squabbling.

Shoe1 said:
Did anyone read the info about this on the Mwse website yet? The money is stage 1 of $30 mill required to put the planned eastern stand and facilities in. It is the masterplan coming together at last.

Yes. I read it. The club is saying that this will secure our future at Brookie, but $10-M isn't going to do it. Where is the other $20-M coming from? Also, everyone knows that a stated $30-M construction project always costs 30-50% more when completed.
Frankly, I don;t think we need an eastern stand. I think we should be modernising and extending upwards the existing stands.
A cheap alternative would be to increase the height of the hill. Reinforce it and grow grass on it. You could add several thousand people that way.

The Who said:
Frank said:
The Who said:
Frank said:
cherry_poppins said:

It would be the same party under Turnbull. The leader is just a figurehead.

Tell that to the Labor party

Hamster Huey said:
Frank said:
The Who said:
Frank said:
cherry_poppins said:

You think the ALP have governed 'professionally'? They should have been above all Abbott's attacks, but got suckered into the debate and even Rudd is clearly more aggressive this campaign than he was in 2007.

You don't have Turnbull because he didn't offer the public an alternative to the ALP, when he was against Rudd.

What's the Labor party governing professionally got to do with my argument? I only agreed about the comments CP made about Abbot - not CP's voting habits.

I will simply not vote for any party whose figurehead doesn't have my respect. If that means not casting a vote then so be it. It wouldn't be the first time I've done that.

Turnbull got shafted by the redneck support of his own party and that of the electorate when he didn't want to support the ETS that Turnbull had brokered. Nothing to do with being an alternative to the Labor party. Abbott only just got up and I believe he won't last a full term before the faceless men of the coalition turn up and reinstate Turnbull.

This argument is BS. I simply detest Abbot just like Cherry_Poppins said in the original post. No-one will change my mind on that and I refuse to vote for a party whose "figurehead" I want to bitch slap.

It's the use of terms like 'redneck', simply because you don't agree with what a large chunk of people vote for, that gets my goat. It's like the Right calling opposition voters 'leftard'.

We are a great country because we grew up without getting personal about the opinions of others. How does not wanting an ETS make somebody a 'redneck'? How does wanting to find a more compassionate way to process those claiming asylum make you a 'leftard'.

Labelling, all the way up the pole to senior MPs from both sides, is why politics has become poisoned and the crux of details are ignored during debate.

The Who said:
Shoe1 said:

Yes. I read it. The club is saying that this will secure our future at Brookie, but $10-M isn't going to do it. Where is the other $20-M coming from? Also, everyone knows that a stated $30-M construction project always costs 30-50% more when completed.
Frankly, I don;t think we need an eastern stand. I think we should be modernising and extending upwards the existing stands.
A cheap alternative would be to increase the height of the hill. Reinforce it and grow grass on it. You could add several thousand people that way.

The problem is that undercover seating is required. As it stands, before a ticket is sold to a home game 70-80% of undercover seating is already filled by members, meaning those who wants to sit undercover may miss out on a seat and not attend the game. Therefore the club sees additional undercover seating as a priority.

I heard David Perry on the Big Sports Breakfast yesterday morning saying that they expected an announcement on the $10M funding in the near future. Didn't realise it would be as soon as today. He said the main aim was to increase the membership sales and in order to do that would be to add more undercover seats. $10M is no where near enough to fix all the issues but if you can increase membership by another 4K then it is a step in the right direction for the club. Wet Weather has a big effect on the attendance = drop in revenue so they have highlighted the extra undercover seats as a priority even though short term. But i have heard all this stuff before so until it's built it's just talk...

Look, if no-one spends money on Brookvale we'll be out of there in three years guaranteed. Therefore no team. I'll vote for the party who promises to spend money on the old girl. I've never voted in a self interested way in the past, but this time I will. If anyone thinks the federal libs will spend money on rugby league they are living in cockoo land. They are the party of rugby union and AFL. O'Farrell has nailed his flag to the three Sydney stadiums policy, ergo no Sea Eagles. In my opinion a major stadium North of the harbour makes perfect sense, and this might be the start of that happening.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4