Rudd Pledges $10 million for Brookvale Upgrade.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy said:
CAMBO said:
cherry_poppins said:
Good

I could never in good conscious vote for an imbecile the ilk of Tony Abbott,his plan for an NBN is idiotic and just a waste,i would NEVER EVER use f**king Wifi internet as it doesnt nearly fill my requirements of STABLE internet

Anyone who NEEDS a stable connection for working through to gaming would never use WIFI if making an educated decision

WIFI is the Bear Grylls of internet connections,instead of drinking its own urine however it disconnects when X happens
Kudos to you for another post that totally lacks logic or any sort of analytical thought.
It's people like yourself that have kept these economical illiterate clowns in power for the last 6 distructive years.

How does it have no logic? Because it doesnt agree with you hard right rob the poor to give to the rich ways?

Without quoting the DT tell me how we have had 6 destructive years? Was it:
A. Having the number 1 economy in the western world post GFC up from number 6 prior when things were easy
B. Having record low unemployment
C. Having record low interest rates
D. Having the 3rd lowest debt of any developed country

Not sure how any of you Abbort likers can be posting voting on policies, he has none.

Mods should the political content be split and put over in the general forum? I only ask because I want to reply to fluff in detail and don't want to bore people not interested in politics.

I wouldn't mind it being shifted because obviously I have zero interest in it lol, but will leave that to the others to decide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB5ihHGsm2o

Lol @ people still stuck in the left/right paradigm.

Kiwi Eagle said:
I wouldn't mind it being shifted because obviously I have zero interest in it lol, but will leave that to the others to decide
I'm with you Kiwi and I live here. General discussion would be better for politics. I'm not clever enough to move it though, I'm just here to be damn awesome.;)

Comment on funding and Brookie, yes.

Comment on which party you support only serves to divide Manly fans. Poor form!!!!!!

What a load of sh1t....Parra Stadium got ANOTHER $20 million 2 weeks ago.....$10 million wont clean the toilets for a year.....

Thehill said:
The Who said:
SeaEagle21 said:
I heard David Perry on the Big Sports Breakfast yesterday morning saying that they expected an announcement on the $10M funding in the near future. Didn't realise it would be as soon as today. He said the main aim was to increase the membership sales and in order to do that would be to add more undercover seats. $10M is no where near enough to fix all the issues but if you can increase membership by another 4K then it is a step in the right direction for the club. Wet Weather has a big effect on the attendance = drop in revenue so they have highlighted the extra undercover seats as a priority even though short term. But i have heard all this stuff before so until it's built it's just talk...

I understand the need for extra undercover seating, so why not an extra deck or two on the existing stands? We may be able to achieve that for $10-m rather than waiting to be funded $30-M for a large eastern grandstand.

I may be wrong but I would think that building an extra tier on the Jane try stand would be just as expensive given the shape it's currently in...

Plus not to mention having to remove the current roof to add the stand. Plus there is less room behind the Jane try Stand, especially towards the southern end. Much cheaper to build behind the hill and can add more corporate facilities.

Before some of you people pop a neck vein it would pay you to understand that the $10M is just one contribution/component of a $30M stage one (of four stages).

Eagles2nv said:
I wonder if this is just k rudd messing with abbott as Tony is a manly supporter. :)

Is he really? I've never seen him down at Brooky. What has he done for his local Club... ever?

BOZO said:
WESTIE said:
If the Labor promise is correct , and is NOT dependant on them winning government, does this now mean Albanese's ar$e doesn't point down anymore ???
Albanese is trying to save his fat ass by making false promises . He has no chance of getting Labor to win the election . If Labor wins the election I will run naked on Brookvale oval balls and all !!! :p

No thanks dick-head. You'll be waiting awhile to see any funding for Brookvale from your private school conservatives on the Right.

Lol@the liberal fan boys whining

george%20bush%20looking%20stupid.jpg

This is Tony Abbott's American doppleganger

cherry_poppins said:
Good

I could never in good conscious vote for an imbecile the ilk of Tony Abbott,his plan for an NBN is idiotic and just a waste,i would NEVER EVER use f**king Wifi internet as it doesnt nearly fill my requirements of STABLE internet

Anyone who NEEDS a stable connection for working through to gaming would never use WIFI if making an educated decision

WIFI is the Bear Grylls of internet connections,instead of drinking its own urine however it disconnects when X happens

Lol @ this clown. Biggest dilemma in life is not being able to play computer games.

Napper said:
cherry_poppins said:
Good

Lol @ this clown. Biggest dilemma in life is not being able to play computer games.

Wrong,i work occasionally from home in admin since its all computer based these days

Gaming is just a pass-time,if i couldn't do it on my "rig" i'd settle for my PS3 (soon to be PS4!!! YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! BRING ON MADDEN 25!!!)

cherry_poppins said:
Napper said:
cherry_poppins said:
Good

Wrong,i work occasionally from home in admin since its all computer based these days

Gaming is just a pass-time,if i couldn't do it on my "rig" i'd settle for my PS3 (soon to be PS4!!! YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! BRING ON MADDEN 25!!!)

Fantastic, the country is going down the tube because of the reckless spending of this inept government, we'll be like Greece and Spain in a couple of years, where everything has lost half of it's value and unemployment is at twenty five percent, but hey everything will be OK because you'll have your hi speed connection so you can work occasionally from home, if you still have a job, give me a break.

Peter C said:
cherry_poppins said:
Napper said:
cherry_poppins said:
Good

Fantastic, the country is going down the tube because of the reckless spending of this inept government, we'll be like Greece and Spain in a couple of years, where everything has lost half of it's value and unemployment is at twenty five percent, but hey everything will be OK because you'll have your hi speed connection so you can work occasionally from home, if you still have a job, give me a break.

The job is already part way done,internet connectivity in this country is a joke, labor's well laid plans will bring us up to muster in that regard,I think you're devaluing (is that a word? ffs ) the internet,it will become more and more important and labors version will be relevant longer

In my hand I have access to all the information over the history of mankind,I use it to browse Reddit....

Peter C said:
cherry_poppins said:
Napper said:
cherry_poppins said:
Good

Wow, you seem like a ton of laughs mate.

Any statistics or actual evidence that Australia is, as you say, "going down the tube"?

Another right-wing alarmist on here.

simon_eagle said:
Peter C said:
cherry_poppins said:
Napper said:
cherry_poppins said:
Good

Any statistics or actual evidence that Australia is, as you say, "going down the tube"?

Another right-wing alarmist on here. Always unimaginative, often not intelligent.. view the world in black and white. If you believe the NBN only serves a few who can work from home then I suggest you open that mind of yours and think about the possibilities. Streaming doctors and surgeons in real time to rural communities, just as a starter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter C said:

Another right-wing alarmist on here. Always unimaginative, often not intelligent.. view the world in black and white. If you believe the NBN only serves a few who can work from home then I suggest you open that mind of yours and think about the possibilities. Streaming doctors and surgeons in real time to rural communities, just as a starter.

Peter C, Bozo, and those clowns from WA always spruik the same old conservative rubbish.

unimaginative and sterile are two words you can use for them and their ilk.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4