Rugby League World Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
eelcatcher said:
Oz finally takes the lead. Sam burgess is an idiot. Who trained him to defend, the Souffs!?

And he tries to do a "Rooster" pass but was caught by a "sharp eyed" touch judge. Hands Oz another try.

Crikey, UK cannot seem to get any of the 50-50 calls. Bet the Burgesses are now feeling what we felt when the same ref ripped us off so many weeks ago. Poetic justice?

I like how when they go to video ref, u can hear live, exactly what the video ref is saying. Interesting idea. Refereeing very important in this match.

I also liked the talk through by the video ref, just seemed way more transparent than the nrl system

I can't believe that Burgess didn't get sent off for the high swinging arm on Thirdman! It was also pleasing to see Slater have another shocker in the World Cup that lead to a try :)

Great to see my mate and Manly legend Zorba inspire Italy to a 32-16 win over Wales . :)

I thought Australia was lucky. We got the majority of the 50:50 calls. Too many penalties imo. Cronk was quiet, and has been below his stella form all season, so I think DCE is a real chance to be the Australian halfback following this series.
I think Hayne will come in for Tate and Cordner for Thaiday.

Notice the stark difference in coverage from 9 to 7.

One's in HD and the other's in SD
Commentator's for the most part don't give us a promos for up coming shows.

This World Cup is already giving us better coverage then Nine and they've only had 2 games

The only disconcerting aspect of the commentary was that Daryl Halligan sounds exactly like the Tezza we all knew and loved :D

I liked that the level of excitement on the field, did not translate to yelling from the Commentators - words should convey the action and not the noise level by the man with the microphone:cool:

One Referee System is so much better, and along with the audio of the rationalising by the Video Referee, we were not confused/bemused by the timely decisions.

Burgess was not a send off offence, but if Gifty got Grade 1 Careless for his offense in the Semis, then Sam is at least a Grade 2 Reckless :cool:

Wonder if the ARL will note their concern over the ground surface - it was like a carpet on sand and potentially cause lower leg injuries :mad:

Ralphie said:
I think last nights game proves the 2 referee system is an unnecessary blight on the game.

Agreed. Perenara is an idiot, but having only one idiot out there limits the damage. It's basic mathematics.
I like the english dummy half, Roby, and thought their centres looked pretty good, especially the guy marking Inglis. But when Rangi Chase is one of your starting halves, you're going to struggle.

Have just sat through France defeating PNG 9-8 in Hull. Not a bad game and some good defence from both sides. David Mead had the chance to win the game for the Kumuls with a penalty goal only 25m out and almost dead in front with just 3 minutes to go....and he showed why he doesn't kick for the Titans. He missed the kick (by at least 5 metres to the left) and he'll be kicking himself for it.

Something I couldn't get used to though was Mal Meninga in the coaches box next to Adrian Lam wearing a PNG jacket.

Kiwis vs Samoa has just started with Vossy commentating. Couldn't care less about the Kiwis but I hope Foz does well. I bet $BW is glad he's not going to be on the end of one of Foz's tackles.

Ok, what is it with Sydney Roosters players and forward passes that don't get called? In the Kiwi's 2nd try Tuivasa-Sheck threw the last pass to Simon Mannering and the ball went about a metre forward.....

Watching on streaming is the most painful thing, only got to see the SBW slip over the line on replay.....hate streaming, there has to be a better option than that for the WORLD cup

NZ v Samoa the most enjoyable game so far.:)

Loved the 2 hakas, the Crowd's adopting of Samoa, Mose Masoa's earth shattering hits making him the Crowd favourite, SBW's 68th minute ego trip to butcher a certain try:p and the Video Ref pressing the 'No Try' button in error for a Samoan Try:s - twice:exclamation::D

Foz had a quiet game but his kicks were precision plus.:angel:

Deano got Man of Match for his first half effort, as Kiwis weren't doing much in the second half.

Enjoy Bonny Spill Williams soaking up the applause - funny :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PWqTSMAfQI

I just finished watching the nz v samoa game. Most enjoyable international game I've seen for ages.

If only Samoa started the game like they played in the second half!

Huge lol's at SBW's slipping over the dead ball line.

Crowd was good.

The no try sign being flashed up when it was a try was a hoot.

There may be something in this 1 ref business!

Didn't watch any of the games over the weekend but saw the highlights of the Aussies v Poms game. Burgess will have to be looking at a decent stint on the sidelines for that shot on Third Man In, he didn't miss.

As for SBW, that's gold. Was only a matter of time till that happened, never understood why running it to within an inch of the deadball line before touching down became cool. Would have been all time had it been the potentially match winning try.

Good point CaC.....when you get over the line put the ball down, screw this putting it down just before the dead ball line crap, leaves absolutely NO room for error. $BW just make the strongest case for that yet and he did it all by himself.

Note to $BW - English and European grounds at night tend to have a bit more dew on them than Aussie and NZ grounds do.

This kinda reminds me of the U20's player who thought he had all the time in the world before putting the ball down only to be tackled out of nowhere which made him drop the ball while he was standing in the in goal.

As for Burgess' shot on Sam Thirdman.....Burgess had his arm cocked when he was still about 2m from Thirdman and at no stage did he attempt to make a legal tackle, it was a straight out stiff arm shot. If he doesn't get at least 2 weeks for it then there is something seriously wrong with the system.

Dan said:
Watching on streaming is the most painful thing, only got to see the SBW slip over the line on replay.....hate streaming, there has to be a better option than that for the WORLD cup

lol, ahh the memories.

Burgess only suspended for 1 week :huh:

Fiji v Ireland coming up, hope that Hasson plays and we get to see him on the ground for more than 5 minutes.

Hasson came on and took on Ashton Sims, then the testosterone meter went up. James reminds me of BJ, he kept running at/over ASims to the point that the old guy went down with shoulder burn:D

We have had the first Yellow Card - sin binning in the RLWC - a Fiji guy is off for 5 minutes.
Ireland have managed to score 1 try and butcher 3 others, so its Fiji 12-4 at half time.

Hasson had a massive first 5 minutes, he keeps ripping in that's for sure. If the Irish can keep attacking down their left they are a chance.
Also I thought the ref was doing a great job.

fiji 32-12. Hass scored in final minute and proved that White Men can't dance with his celebratory moves :p

Wednesday we get to watch Kitey and Jorge.:angel:

Sunday we get to watch DCE :angel:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4