Rugby League World Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Was at the Engl v Straya game. Finally got to see us beat the poms at something (been a grim few years across the sports). Burgess: was looking for a ball spilling hit and came in swinging that forearm hard. More like 3-4 wks in the NRL, but rules are always pretty lax in international judiciaries.

Samoa sticking it to Nz for 20 mins straight was beautiful. I don't think kiwis had the ball the whole time except to lose it immediately for Samoan tries. SBW: thank you you made my tournament, even if you blokes end up winning it we still have this.

Hasson played strong off the bench, but why wouldn't he be starting for Ireland? they needed him from the get go. Fiji will let Straya know they're out there; better not take them lightly.

From the Guardian match report: The Pacific Islanders threatened to run away with the game at that stage but the introduction of the Manly Sea Eagles forward James Hassan for his debut injected some much-needed resolve into the Irish ranks.

Also: in the final move of the match, Hassan forced his way over for a richly-deserved try

I am really enjoying the video refs discussions and rationale for the decisions.

NRL video refs - please take note and emulate.

Just watching Scotland v Tonga and (sorry for this) but **** me, Shayne Hayne really has no idea. Considering the knock on he let Mitchell Pearce get away with in the GF, how the hell he called the Tongan FB for a knock on just shy of half time I'll never know. The ball clearly went backwards off his hands and clearly bounced backwards before he regathered it.

How ironic the WC refs and touchies are sponsored by Specsavers.

Shame Hayne at his very best.....

Has Jorge touched the ball? One of the best tackle and line breakers in the NRL and he's hardly touched the ball in the second half (oh wait, I just saw him scoot from dummy half, easily bust a tackle and make a 20m break).

Jorge tackled really well at centre. Don't know why he played in #3 till half time, then swapped jersey's with Hurrell and finished with #4 on his back.:huh:

24-26 To Scotland :(

Both Kitey and Jorge did their best. Tonga just was not respecting the ball and threw away 3 tries:s

HoldenV8 said:
Just watching Scotland v Tonga and (sorry for this) but f**k me, Shayne Hayne really has no idea. Considering the knock on he let Mitchell Pearce get away with in the GF, how the hell he called the Tongan FB for a knock on just shy of half time I'll never know. The ball clearly went backwards off his hands and clearly bounced backwards before he regathered it.

How ironic the WC refs and touchies are sponsored by Specsavers.

Shame Hayne at his very best.....

Has Jorge touched the ball? One of the best tackle and line breakers in the NRL and he's hardly touched the ball in the second half (oh wait, I just saw him scoot from dummy half, easily bust a tackle and make a 20m break).

I said to my other half this morning after I booed the ref as soon as I knew who it was, "I bet he goes harder on Tonga than Scotland because Jorge and Kitey (two manly players of last GF) are playing for Tonga.'

Was I right or not? I didn't get to see the whole game.

Big surprises the last two days with the Bravehearts beating a very talented MMT side.

And the Tomahawks beating the Cook Is.

I can't believe how close the majority of games in the first week has been.

If we could change anything I'd make the heritage players - play 5 games minimum for there new countries though. Basically forcing them to play into the lead up to the World Cup.

8 jerseys now on sale via the RLWC website.

https://shop.rlwc2013.com/shop/adults/replica

Very lacklusre Kiwis v France game :(

Great kick by Foz for their first try, but otherwise a quiet game.

That Remy guy is huge, and JWH head highed his future team mate, true to form.

DCE on tomorrow morning :)

How good is the crowd at Avignon? 17,000 strong, getting flogged by 40 and still cheering their guts out in the 79th minute.

I don't know if its been mentioned before, but did anyone read about the Poms.
Sam Burgess & James Graham coming to blows on a recent night out?
I think that crazy Scouser Graham would take Burgess if it was allowed to end.
I think my Mum could take Burgess.

Terrible officiating in France-NZ game. Every 50/50 call went the NZ way. NZ were never a chance of losing no matter what the officials did, but it completely ruined any chance of a reasonably competitive & entertaining game. Pity, as a competitive showing from France would have helped the development of RL in that country.

Hasson played a good 60 minutes in a losing Irish side. I was thinking that this would be the most that he spent on the field this year :(
Had a great hit on GBurgess, but near the end he messed up the play the ball.

JGraham gave away a penalty for saying something to the Ref-whilst his side had the ball :p

Now for DCE in his Roos #7 jersey :angel:

Just watching the Kangaroos v Fiji game from St Helens (Labtree Park is nothing on Knowsley Road). The Aussies are leading 16-2 at half time. They aren't thrashing them but they are also playing well within themselves. That's not to take away from Fiji, they are putting in one hell of an effort.

Shortly before half time Thurston "did a Mitchell Pearce" by reaching back for a ball that had passed him and clearly knocked it on before regathering (seriously, it was like watching an instant replay of the GF). The referee must have been buying into the Shame Hayne logic on knock on's.....he called it a knock back.

The match up every Manly fan hasbeen waiting for, 2 of our greatest halfbacks head to head - DCE v Aaron Groom...

DCE just scored his second test try :D

He was running that fast, and the ground that slippery that he almost slid all the way back to the teams base in Manchester when he put the ball down :p

Luke Lewis had a nasty slide into the advertising boards after chasing a Robbie Farah kick. They just reported a dislocated shoulder (he actually hit the edge of a board where there was a gap).

That incident was a big advertisement for deep dead in goals like they have at the SFS and ANZ. Playing league (or union) on soccer size grounds is asking for trouble sometimes, especially in the wet conditions the WC games in the UK have been plagued with so far.

DCE kick to Morris try, scored one himself and a sublime offload to GI for Lewis to score.

Fiji was disappointing, Crowd amazing to sit in pouring rain and freezing weather :angel:

Good point about the crowd in St Helens HappilyManly. Despite the cold, wet and windy conditions in the UK the crowds for the WC have been very good. How often in the past would almost 15,000 turn up for a game there between Australia and Fiji?

When we played the Bati at Gateshead in the 2000 WC the crowd was only 4,197. And before that in the 1995 WC only 7,127 turned up to see Australia and Fiji in Huddersfield.

HoldenV8 said:
Good point about the crowd in St Helens HappilyManly. Despite the cold, wet and windy conditions in the UK the crowds for the WC have been very good. How often in the past would almost 15,000 turn up for a game there between Australia and Fiji?

When we played the Bati at Gateshead in the 2000 WC the crowd was only 4,197. And before that in the 1995 WC only 7,127 turned up to see Australia and Fiji in Huddersfield.

Another is the scoreline has been decreased between the Roos and Bati.

Good point eagles2win.

Is anyone else watching the Wales vs USA game? This isn't an illusion right....the Yanks are leading 24-4 with 8 minutes to go aren't they?

Apparently if the Tomahawks win this then they play Australia in the quarters at Wrexham (where tonight's game is played). The last time we played the USA was coming home from the 2004 Tri Nations. Played at the Franklin Field in Philadelphia they led us for a long time before we eventually won 36-24.

Wales just scored their 2nd try with 6 remaining. 24-10.

Missed the USA game, but the Scotts v Italy just ended in a draw.

The Promoters really need to be congratulated and their strategies examined - the attendances are amazing :angel:

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's PNG v Samoa. They are both hugely entertaining and the rampaging Mose Masoa will be a crowd favourite again :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2