Rugby League World Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/DCE-to-take-on-Foz-in-Final-RLWC2013/87736
DCE to take on Foz in Final: RLWC2013
Tim Ashworth
Sunday 24 November 2013 12:25 PM

Two of the most exciting players in the game at the moment, and two great mates, will go head-to-head next week after both winning their semi finals match ups overnight.

Foran’s New Zealand side left it till the last minute to book their place in the final, with Shaun Johnson stepping his way over the line with 20 seconds remaining to ties the match at 18 all.
The playmaker then cooly stepped up to slot the conversion after the siren, sending the defending champions through to defend their title.

In what many are describing as one of the best games of Rugby League they have ever witnessed, the physical and extremely skilful encounter had everyone at Wembley, and at home, on the edge of their seats for the entire 80 minutes.
Former Manly utility-back, Dean Whare, had a hand in magical try for the Kiwis. The Penrith Panther flicked the ball without looking, in full stride and while hovering over the sideline, back inside to Roger Tuivasa-Sheck who danced his way over the try line.

It was a completely contrasting affair in the second game, with Australia dominating Fiji 64-0.
Johnathan Thurston put in a typically commanding display and was named man of the match, while Jarryd Hayne finished with a hat-trick against the side he represented in at the last world cup in 2008.
With the match effectively decided before DCE came on, his impact was limited. However, after getting through unscathed, Cherry is now even more determined to keep his spot in the side and take on Foran himself.

“It’s going to be great. I’m really looking forward to it. You know, if I am in the seventeen there’s no doubt that there’ll be a few texts sent during the week – a bit of friendly banter,” Cherry-Evans said.
“If we’re lucky enough, we might get to tackle each other and we’ll have a few friendly words of fire to say to each other.”

The Australian representative is under no illusions about how tough the Final is going to be.
“Each week they’ve got better and better so I have no that if we play our best football, we’ll put ourselves in the best possible position to win this tournament,” Daly said.

“In saying that, we know how hard it’s going to be against this side. We’ll have to work very hard and prepare well to get the result we’re after.”

Will be a great contest if DCE gets more game time than the 20 minutes he got last week :angel:

Apparently Channel 7 may be Broadcasting it as 7mate is limited in its coverage footprint.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
manlyfan76 said:
Wow! Great game. Sam burgess mom lol.
I can't recall ever seeing a better test match. Burgess had a huge game. Have to feel a bit for the underdogs losing with a try 20 seconds from time. Amazing move by Whare. The final should be a worthwhile contest.

I loved the contest, kiwis looked real tired at 60-65 mins but managed to finish strong. I hope they don't come out flat next week for the final.

HappilyManly said:
Apparently Channel 7 may be Broadcasting it as 7mate is limited in its coverage footprint.

If they do, I hope they keep the 7Mate coverage as I'm loving watching these games in HD.

Hamster Huey said:
HappilyManly said:

If they do, I hope they keep the 7Mate coverage as I'm loving watching these games in HD.

They'd be mad not too, tbh I don't know why they didn't put some of the games on the main channel anyway, even if they put them on delay. They should've realised halfway through the tournament that it was generating a fair amount of interest and that probably half the viewing audience couldn't watch it.
Alot of us have standard Foxtel but not digital.

I reckon they only bought the rights to it just so they could p!ss off Ch 9.

StuBoot said:
Hamster Huey said:
HappilyManly said:

They'd be mad not too, tbh I don't know why they didn't put some of the games on the main channel anyway, even if they put them on delay. They should've realised halfway through the tournament that it was generating a fair amount of interest and that probably half the viewing audience couldn't watch it.

People without access to the digital options are very few now days. Most capital cities and major regionals now carry both digital and analogue, if not digital only by now.

Unfortunate if you're still in an area to get it sorted, but if it's only because you've not bothered to update the tv or buy a set-top box, stiff. It isn't like the change-over hasn't been in the pipeline for nearly a decade!!!

Better get digital sorted as the cut off for Sydney (at least) is December

Hamster Huey said:
StuBoot said:
Hamster Huey said:
HappilyManly said:

People without access to the digital options are very few now days. Most capital cities and major regionals now carry both digital and analogue, if not digital only by now.

Unfortunate if you're still in an area to get it sorted, but if it's only because you've not bothered to update the tv or buy a set-top box, stiff. It isn't like the change-over hasn't been in the pipeline for nearly a decade!!!

It's not the access or availability or equipment.
Most people I know either have Fox or a set-top box.
If you've got Fox why bother upgrading to digital for the sake of a few extra channels?

StuBoot said:
Hamster Huey said:
StuBoot said:
Hamster Huey said:
HappilyManly said:

It's not the access or availability or equipment.
Most people I know either have Fox or a set-top box.
If you've got Fox why bother upgrading to digital for the sake of a few extra channels?

So you can watch the RLWC in HD?

Interesting to see that South Africa are bidding for the 2017 World Cup (the other bid is Australia/New Zealand).
This is what they're offering:
$200k for each Country - just for competing at the World Cup (maybe not big $'s for the likes of Australia, England and New Zealand) but that's big money for developing RL Nations.
Also a Developing Nations World Cup - for sides that don't make the World Cup.
Aus/NZ should have to match that and better it ie
$200k for each World Cup Playing Nations
$75k for each DNWC Playing Nation

Should be a great final - hope both Manly boys get to play and come home safe :angel:

Gallen v SBW with a KO to Gals :idea:

The organizers of these RLWC should be congratulated.
Apart from two games in Ireland and Wales, all were well supported and most broke Ground Records.

Some of the emerging nations Players also earned ESL Contracts - which will only foster RL in their homeland.

I and the Irish & UK loved the hakas and the raw talent mixed with great NRL and ESL stars :)

HappilyManly said:
Should be a great final - hope both Manly boys get to play and come home safe :angel:

Apart from two games in Ireland and Wales, all were well supported and most broke Ground Records.

Some of the emerging nations Players also earned ESL Contracts - which will only foster RL in their homeland.

I and the Irish & UK loved the hakas and the raw talent mixed with great NRL and ESL stars :)

That was actually a record at Ireland for RL in Ireland (so not so dire is it)
Wales - biggest crowd (Wales vs Cook Is) at the Gnoll for a few years in either code of rugby.

eagles2win said:
HappilyManly said:

That was actually a record at Ireland for RL in Ireland (so not so dire is it)
Wales - biggest crowd (Wales vs Cook Is) at the Gnoll for a few years in either code of rugby.

Yes I agree E2W. Great result in both Ireland and Wales. :)

Sorry HM, Gals would be cleaned up big time by SBW.:exclamation: Gals couldn't punch his way out of a wet tissue. Nate Myles showed us that. LOL:p

I'm stuck in country NSW with no TV, no radio broadcast available that I can pickup, but I do have internet. Any suggestions on how to get a live link? Try the BBC?

Google rlwc watch online
Got all the info ie
www.rugbyleagueworldcuplive.com

or the official www.rlwc13.com may have a link to a stream.

wow, no try....I actually like how u can listen to the video ref talk about what he is looking at live. Intense game right now.

NZ needs a Manly Sea Eagles-like miracle.

The Kiwis have no centers or wingers to match Oz.
Just rolling through the kiwis with ease.

JT standing in a SBW tackle to offload for Cronk's first try was great :p

Great pass by SBW to Hayne for Morris's second try :D

sorry to all the kiwis

but at the moment i cant stand SBW , so it was a even better win for the aussies...

well done

"Worlds Best Player" what a joke. SBW backing up his poor GF performance with another error riddled World Cup final.

There are about a dozen players who are better than SBW.

COMMANDER said:
"Worlds Best Player" what a joke. SBW backing up his poor GF performance with another error riddled World Cup final.

There are about a dozen players who are better than SBW.

Was about to post something similar, yet the commentators don't dare bag him. It was all "he's tried his heart out; was always in the thick of things; it just wasn't his night..."
He was totally owned by the Australian forwards, who were magnificent. NZ had a great team and I thought they could win, but it was the most comprehensive victory over very good opposition.
Well done Australia.
But playing on a soccer field is a disgrace. There could have been two serious injuries coming from the kiddie-in goals. It's simply not good enough.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6