Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan said:
Out:-
Darcy Lussick -> Eels
Daniel Harrison -> Eels
Michael Oldfield -> Roosters
Tony Williams -> Bulldogs
Dean Whare -> Panthers

Possibly Out:-
Vic Mauro -> UK
Tim Robinson -> Eels
Brent Kite -> Tigers

In:-
Ligi Sao <- Warriors NYC
Peta Hiku <- Warriors NYC
Michael Chee Kam <- Raiders NYC
Richard Fa'aoso <- Storm
Jacob Gagan <- Eels NYC
Joshua Robinson - NEW

Possibly In:-
Jesse Sene-Lefao <- Panthers NYC
Brad Takairangi <- Roosters
Adrian Ha'angana <- Souths NYC

Gee looking at the gains you would think we had Graeme Lowe coaching us again. I do like the look of the gains though

Jax24 said:
Hi there I'm a Kiwi and new to the Forum. Just joined but been a Manly fan since 1990. Anyway I'm so stoked Peta has signed for the Sea Eagles. I'm his uncle and it's awesome he will play for my team. Apparently the Warriors tried to counter offer Manly but he was offered a better shot at making first grade then with the Warriors. I said if he wants to have fun then stay with Warriors but if he wants to win go to Manly and just learn what it's like to play for a champion team and organization with a proud history. The experience he would gain playing with the World Class players we have would be invaluable to his progression as a person and player. He definitely has the talent to succeed and the Eagles environment will hopefully bring out the best in him and further his development.

Welcome mate. Do you see Peta as a fullback or more of a wing/centre type player in the future?

Sounds like our new recruits have been gathered from a Scrabble board. We are going to have to get nicknames for this new breed. We''ll never be able to pronouce their names.
Gone are the one syllable surnames.

DSM5 said:
Kite to the Tiggers? Haven't heard that one. Hasn't he got another season on his contract? Ends 2013?

Is that rumour about relieving salary cap pressure, and we get junior moors in return

voicefromthehill said:
The Who said:
Sounds like our new recruits have been gathered from a Scrabble board. We are going to have to get nicknames for this new breed. We''ll never be able to pronouce their names.
Gone are the one syllable surnames.

Like triple word score
Lol
triple word score = Michael Chee Kam

Perfect

The Eagle said:
Who is Peta?

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Rumoured-and-Confirmed-Signings?pid=431424#pid431424

and

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Rumoured-and-Confirmed-Signings?pid=431951#pid431951

Stevo said:
Welcome mate. Do you see Peta as a fullback or more of a wing/centre type player in the future?

Thanks mate. I definitely think Peta is currently more than capable at Fullback and Wing. He seems to be comfortable playing both these positions but Fullback is his best position. However I could see him later on developing into a center as he is a pretty solid defender and is quite an aggressive runner who seems to like the confrontation. With a wing spot up for grabs next year with Wolfman injured he has a decent shot at filling it.

Kiwi Eagle said:
DSM5 said:
Kite to the Tiggers? Haven't heard that one. Hasn't he got another season on his contract? Ends 2013?

Is that rumour about relieving salary cap pressure, and we get junior moors in return

Yes. Apparently Senior Moors wouldn't fit under the salary cap.

On a semi-serious note, why do we need Mini Moors? He is a second rower and lock. Is it to replace T-Rex? He's 26 and quite big - 192 cm tall and 113kg. But to lose Kite and, if the rumour is correct, have to still pay half his Brent's salary plus getting Mini . . .
it doesn't add up to me.
If one team needed a strong forward it is the Tigers. Why would they be reliquishing Mini Moors if he was any good? I can't recall seeing him play.
Will be be another Glenn Hall or Shane Rodney who blossomed at Manly?

The Who said:
On a semi-serious note, why do we need Mini Moors? He is a second rower and lock. Is it to replace T-Rex? He's 26 and quite big - 192 cm tall and 113kg. But to lose Kite and, if the rumour is correct, have to still pay half his Brent's salary plus getting Mini . . .
it doesn't add up to me.
If one team needed a strong forward it is the Tigers. Why would they be reliquishing Mini Moors if he was any good? I can't recall seeing him play.
Moors is a powerful attacking backrower with speed & an offload. His worst attributes include errors & inconsistency. Burst onto the scene several years ago & has never forfilled his promised potential. Manly have a habit of getting the best from these castaways who lack desire so easily found at Manly.

Would be a great shame to see Kitey leave but if he does, hopefully it's with his third premiership ring.

MK you made my day...

"Burst onto the scene several years ago & has never forfilled his promised potential."

That's right up there with some of the best Mossopisms I've heard with none better of Rex's (may he rest in peace) than "let me recapitulate back to what I said previously".

The Who said:
it doesn't add up to me.

I think youll find if we get Moors in exchange we wont need to pay half of Kiteys salary. We'd prefer to be paying a low salary to somebody who is actually on our roster, hence the player exchange.
Tbh - i dont rate Moors, however if it was Murdoch-Masila then I'd be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11