Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumoured Signings

They need to play more trials just get his suspension down. So let me get this straight. Matai gets suspended for 1 semi final possibly 4 test matches 2 trials and 4 premiershiup games in 2011 for an off the ball shoulder charge on that grub Ennis yet Tigers players doing swinging arm head highs have no case to answer. Sounds fair if you're a Pakistani bookmaker running the NRL.

I cant believe some people are up in arms about the lack of new signings! Sure a bit of experience in the halves would be good but we have a top class backline with Stewart, Robbo, Matai, Lyon, D. Williams, Foran and DCE (who won best and fairest in the Q cup). Sure Matai will miss a few games and mayb Stewart wont start the season but remember we do have a few youngsters to look forward to with hoppa, oldfield and whare to fill the gaps! We probably could with a couple of forwards but our full strength side looks pretty daunting! with King, Kite and Rose in front row rotation, Choc, Rodney and Gift as our back row! There's plenty to get excited about in 2011!!!
Go you good thing!!!!

Im sure Brett will make Round 1.. thats a whole year off.. surely no injuries are that bad.. they may not risk or rush him but he will be back.

Was walking quite freely from the vision shown of him at court.

KaZa link said:
Im sure Brett will make Round 1.. thats a whole year off.. surely no injuries are that bad.. they may not risk or rush him but he will be back.

It's is lateral movement that will take the longest to recover. Wouldn't be surprised if he can run in a straight line now.

I am confident that he should be fine for next year though. Manly's team had him looking great at the start of this year.

Hopoate to play centre in place of Matai?

Oh and hello all. First post here. Some of your names are familiar as I used to post on the MWSE site.

I honestly think we could be in some strife come next season. If the injury toll from this year is anything to go by (and we do have some injury prone players) we could be scrapping the bottom of the barrel by mid season. When was the last time we signed a big name?

Wolfpack link said:
[quote author=KaZa link=topic=182270.msg297302#msg297302 date=1285244232]

It's is lateral movement that will take the longest to recover. Wouldn't be surprised if he can run in a straight line now.

I am confident that he should be fine for next year though. Manly's team had him looking great at the start of this year.
[/quote]

Yeah but this season hasnt even finished yet.. another 6 months before season.. he should be right by then surely?

Darren link said:
Gulavou, Bailey, Seu Seu, Cross

Which of these are 'big names'? Seu Seu had one good game (the last game against St G), Bailey was hopeless - would be a better side without him, Cross was okay when he was on the field but never really had a major impact on a game, and Gulavou tried hard all season but he didn't provide anything to them team other than being a satisfactory reserve.

Si link said:
[quote author=Darren link=topic=182270.msg297321#msg297321 date=1285273578]

Which of these are 'big names'? Seu Seu had one good game (the last game against St G), Bailey was hopeless - would be a better side without him, Cross was okay when he was on the field but never really had a major impact on a game, and Gulavou tried hard all season but he didn't provide anything to them team other than being a satisfactory reserve.
[/quote]

Bailey was a big signing. If you look back to the 2009 preseason one would've hoped that he would have an impact on the team.

Unfortunately he didn't. You can do all the research & scouting you want but at the end of the day there is always an element of randomness to these type of things.

Si link said:

Which of these are 'big names'?

[/quote]

Dan - you really need to find a sarcasm emoticon to make it easier for some of the folks here.

Bradza link said:
[quote author=Si link=topic=182270.msg297329#msg297329 date=1285281334]

Which of these are 'big names'?

[/quote]

Dan - you really need to find a sarcasm emoticon to make it easier for some of the folks here.
[/quote]

Funny you should mention that, I am wearing a T-shirt right now that says "Sarcasm is one of the services I offer"

Show me a premiership winning side that has made any big purchases the 2 years following. It's not possible, youre existing players get contract upgrades which takes away any money that may have otherwise been available to buy a new "big name".

Thats the way the salary cap works.

It's not rocket surgery

I think theres some truth behind the rumours we've picked up one (or two) of the outcast Bulldogs forwards.
Signing announcement is being delayed until weve found a new sponsor

Nothing ever came of the Bailey going to Sharks rumour from about 2 months ago did it?

Si link said:
I honestly think we could be in some strife come next season. If the injury toll from this year is anything to go by (and we do have some injury prone players) we could be scrapping the bottom of the barrel by mid season. When was the last time we signed a big name?

Whare could turn out to be one.

Si link said:

Jamie Lyon, Glenn Stewart, Steve Matai, Anthony Watmough and Keiran Foran are big enough for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8