Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Manly sign Snake & Gift (may already have till 2013?)after keeping the brilliant halves, Choc, Matai & the Lyon king still kicking on for 2+ years with these kids we will remain an absolute force. Pppl have mentioned targeting some of these NZ kids who will thrive around our premiership winning team - stoked with our direction & feel confident the cap is not breached.
Cant keep them all but thus far, the vital players have stayed with only a couple of pieces to complete this puzzle.

All kisses and cuddles at the Panfers as Jennings to stay
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/michael-jennings-puts-aside-feud-with-ivan-cleary-and-commits-see-out-his-contract-with-the-penrith-panthers/story-e6frexnr-1226413135436

Hopefully Sao will be a gun. One of the good things about having the best Kiwis (like Foran and Matai) in the team is that they are not affected by State Of Origin (unless they are James Tamou).

bones said:
Hopefully Sao will be a gun. One of the good things about having the best Kiwis (like Foran and Matai) in the team is that they are not affected by State Of Origin (unless they are James Tamou).

Yet.
Strong indications of Auckland vs Counties might be given the green light.

eagles2win said:
bones said:

Yet.

Can someone enlighten me about this Auckland v Counties thing that gets mentioned? I've heard about the Kiwi Origin idea's of either North Island v South Island or Auckland v the Rest but not Auckland v Counties.

Counties is just South Auckland and Pukekohe, what the rest of NZ??

AshfieldBazza said:
eagles2win said:
bones said:

Yet.

Can someone enlighten me about this Auckland v Counties thing that gets mentioned? I've heard about the Kiwi Origin idea's of either North Island v South Island or Auckland v the Rest but not Auckland v Counties.

Counties is just South Auckland and Pukekohe, what the rest of NZ??

Rest of NZ - they hate Auckland, a few of my family come from ChCh (as far as I know not the tough suburb thats my family's last names suburb for those that know me and told me about this.

The commission I'm lead to believe are pushing for rep weekends so they can a bit more out of say :
Auckland vs Counties
Samoa vs Tonga
PNG vs Fiji
Leading into NSW vs QLD

Similar to what the RLF and RLEF has

From memory the out of Auckland side would include Marshall, Mannering, Packer, Brown, Smith, Matulino, Kenny-Dowell to name a few

The 1978 Auckland side beat a few great teams including ours.
Mind you it had the Sorenson brothers in it.
I'd love to see this: the winner of there Origin vs the winner of ours - it would be the big money earner eventually.
England needs to keep the IO (England vs Exiles) but lower levels bring the Lancashire vs Yorkshire,
Cumbria vs IO 2nds(exiles)

Cumbria recently won the 9's in England

Of course have Wales vs France

But eventually winners of Lanc's vs York's vs Cumbria vs IO 2nds (exiles)

And finally a Southern vs Northern game.

The potential in league is scary

Waratahs centre Tom Carter could resume his rivalry with Sonny Bill Williams next season – in the NRL.

In a shock development, Carter is all but certain to leave NSW next season and has been in talks with several rugby league clubs in Sydney about a possible code switch.

Carter is being targeted as a back-rower in rugby league, with his size – 100kg and 1.89m – and hard hole-running and defence seen as suited to the right edge.

Carter played rugby league as a junior in Young before moving to Sydney to attend a rugby-playing school.

With his eight-year association with the Waratahs at an end, Carter is pursuing the option of NRL as a means of staying in Sydney due to family circumstances.

Last year, Carter made the most tackles of all Australian centres in Super Rugby and also had the highest tackle percentage (91.5 per cent). His run metres, tackle busts and line-breaks all rank highly.

Team-mates and coaches also swear by Carter as the man who does the one-percenters such as kick-chasing and defensive double-ups.

Yes the potential in league!
What did Gallop do for the game in 10 years..
Did anything really change?
Maybe the aboriginal all star game..
10 years and no plan or blueprint for the game..
Seems like he had a long time to do something!!

Rambo1987 said:
Waratahs centre Tom Carter could resume his rivalry with Sonny Bill Williams next season – in the NRL.

In a shock development, Carter is all but certain to leave NSW next season and has been in talks with several rugby league clubs in Sydney about a possible code switch.

Carter is being targeted as a back-rower in rugby league, with his size – 100kg and 1.89m – and hard hole-running and defence seen as suited to the right edge.

Carter played rugby league as a junior in Young before moving to Sydney to attend a rugby-playing school.

With his eight-year association with the Waratahs at an end, Carter is pursuing the option of NRL as a means of staying in Sydney due to family circumstances.

Last year, Carter made the most tackles of all Australian centres in Super Rugby and also had the highest tackle percentage (91.5 per cent). His run metres, tackle busts and line-breaks all rank highly.

Team-mates and coaches also swear by Carter as the man who does the one-percenters such as kick-chasing and defensive double-ups.

Not needed on the northern beaches, hopefully Souffs or the Rorters get Carter.

Trent's status update
Rugby League

4 Jul 12 @ 12:15am by Jon Geddes

NARRAWEENA Rugby League Club has broken new ground by using Facebook to recruit the younger brother of Sea Eagles crowd favourite George Rose for the rest of this season.

Trent Rose made his debut for the Hawks in their 17-16 loss to Valley United in their A grade showdown at Beverley Job Park on Sunday.

"I put a notification on Facebook last Tuesday to a few of the boys I know in the area to see if any teams could snap me up before the June 30 deadline," Rose said.

"I've got mates in all different clubs around here and I got a few calls from a few of the boys but Narraweena pushed through with the talk so I ended up coming here."

Rose had one training run last Thursday night to learn the calls before making his debut for his new club.

With George watching on, the 25-year-old secondrower, who plays a very similar game to his brother, started to make more of an impact as the game went on.

"I haven't played competition football for eight or nine months," Rose said.

"It was a fast-paced game, I was surprised by the minutes I did get out on the field.

"Hopefully I can keep building up on that by the end of the year and if we get to the semis I can give it a good shake-up there."

Rose spent three years with the Sea Eagles, where he played Jersey Flegg and in the Premier League.

Last year he had an injury-interrupted season playing NSW Cup and Jim Beam Cup with Wentworthville.

"I was very happy for his first game and his experience adds a lot," Narraweena coach Cliff Lyons said.

The game's star was again Valley United's man mountain prop Dylan Montgomery, who proved almost unstoppable with his powerful charges.

Valley coach Nathan Hollingsworth said Montgomery had become even more dangerous by adding some ballplaying to his repertoire.

"That was the first time we won three on the trot this season, which is handy," Hollingsworth said.

In other games, Narrabeen and Manly Cove had a 26-all draw while Belrose thrashed Asquith 20-4.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/trents-status-update/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8