Ryan Matterson off contract for 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I plead guilty as charged on that one - I've lost track of the times I've read a post and gone 'it's Lyon.....not Lyons' - or the reverse........ :-(

And just to clarify, although in my original post on Silvertails I mentioned that I had been watching the Sea Eagles for 50 out of 75 years, that refers to the 75 years that the Sea Eagles have been in existence. I am not 75 years old ('not that there's anything wrong with that'). I'm not even 60. I will admit to being between 50 and 60, though. Not ideal, but it's better than the alternative.

No excuses, though. And they said, 'age shall not weary them' - they were lying.

Mind you - imagine a combination of Cliffy and Jamie. Unbeatable.

Fulton?

Cue BOZO.... :cool:
Happens to us all, I thought I would take advantage of your faux pas, quite often I had to stop and think about their names, a bit like , you're your , their they're and there

Because we need a fast energetic lock. Unlike Jake. Jake can go to prop rotation or shop him around.
When I think fast and energetic locks I don’t think of Brown. Cam Murray yes. I’ll have a closer look at his game tomorrow night tho.

Good player, would be happy to have him

But everyone would have to accept he would be here for a couple of years and wouldn't be that "bleed" for the club type

Mercenary, which can be okay as long as everyone knows what they are getting
People said that on here about BK!

just sayin’

BK and Brown not in the same class, Brown could only wish and for those of you who think he will be money well spent, I can’t agree, imo it will be a bad mistake.

Piss off JetSki and Sirro and we could afford Matterson but he seems like a mercenary for hire... Probs finish his career playing for a half dozen clubs as his passion wanes and the bigger coin beckons elsewhere.

Piss off JetSki and Sirro and we could afford Matterson but he seems like a mercenary for hire... Probs finish his career playing for a half dozen clubs as his passion wanes and the bigger coin beckons elsewhere.

Blake Green is a mercenary as well (at his 9th club atm) - yet many lament his leaving (and somehow blame the club for his "gimme 3 years or I wont turn up to training" attitude).

That said...not saying you're wrong either!

Matterson is the ultimate mercenary. If you want a gun for hire surely you'd go for someone with at least a pretense of principle.
Otherwise they'll probably just turn around and shoot you!
I'd go for Bruce Springsteen ahead of Matterson. Or pretty much anyone else, actually!

If you want some mongrel, combined with talent and still a youngster who will be a Star, Liam Martin from Penrith....already signed - who cares these days...pay him overs, better than both these slime players
Im a big fan of martin

If you want some mongrel, combined with talent and still a youngster who will be a Star, Liam Martin from Penrith....already signed - who cares these days...pay him overs, better than both these slime players
Great young player. He would be my target also. I just can’t see it happening though, but great call.

Because we need a fast energetic lock. Unlike Jake. Jake can go to prop rotation or shop him around.
Saddler should be in the squad and yes Jake to prop rotation and if Marty goes Sirronen also to prop rotation and bring up Sipley

Ryan Matterson is a worry, very good player, however, he left a premiership winning Roosters side to chase the money at the $hittyTigers, and before the season was up he wasn't happy with his contract and sought a release to Parra, now his agent is sending out emails regarding his availability for next season, this sounds a warning.
Good player no doubt, but does have that mercenary attitude about him.

Wednesday 17th March 2021:

"Ryan Matterson off contract for 2022"

Thursday 18th March 2021:

20210319_094532.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10